Dr. Lee's new 12.5% Minoxidil Solution--thoughts?

justnashole

Reaction score
Well, I just started using Dr. Lee's new 12.5% Solution Minoxidil, and I have to say I'm disappointed. He had put off the production of it a year ago, because he claimed he hadn't yet developed a reliable, non-sticky/greasy formula yet that could be applied twice daily. Well, I am here to report that this new product is definitely very greasy and sticky and does not dry NEARLY as fast as advertised. Thus, I am very concerned about the absorption into ths scalp much like his Xandrox 15 solution. Has anyone else yet used this new product? Just looking for some other thoughts out there. Right now I'm thinking I will revert back to his simple fast drying 5% solution.

otis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Why dont you try a reliable brand like Rogaine.
That way you no you are getting a mix that worked in clinical trials

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I tried his 12.5%.
It is much better than xandrox 15 in greasiness. It is not as good as his 5% minoxidil (which dries instantly).

If you find it greasy, use it for the PM applications. I was able to use in the AM and it was not too bad.

Rogaine foam is much better than his 12.5% in cosmetic appeal.

HairyPotter

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm kind of curious about this new 12.5% liquid solution also.... I need to restock on Minoxidil and I'm thinking of buying either Dr. Lee's 12.5% liquid, Spectral DNC, or Rogaine Foam.

Anyone out there with some experience with this 12.5% liquid??? How is it workin for ya? Do you think its better than other Minoxidils? Any input appreciated