Dr Hitzig potentially great ACell photos?

DIYtony

Reaction score
I am unsure if this is even photo trickery. I hope some other Doctors get to see this and get involved with its potential if this is real..

malo

Established Member
Reaction score
DIYtony said:
I am unsure if this is even photo trickery. I hope some other Doctors get to see this and get involved with its potential if this is real..

i am 99.99% sure it's real. A lot of top doctors (Cooley, Bernstein, Rassmann, Cole)
are all working with Acell Even Hasson & Wong are studying its application as it relates to transplants. Dr. Hitzig has gone further and is combining it with PRP injections to see what amount of regrowth he can get.
Like I always say. Fingers Crossed.

DIYtony

Reaction score
Yes I want some other Doctors to start posting big claims. Dr Hitzig may well be telling the truth, but at the moment I fear it is just another case of getting peoples hopes up for no reason.

malo

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you following the discussion of this on The Bald Truth Forum?
Dr. Cooley presented some very positive results at the last ISHRS meeting in Boston last October. In addition Dr. Robert Bernstein and his former partner Dr. William Rassmann also started Studies in their respective practices.
I think that is important because both of them are very pragmatic and very skeptical
of unproven new procedures.
We should hear more from these different studies in about 10 months I believe.

DIYtony

Reaction score
Yes, I particularly take note of what Dr Cole has been saying.

Dr Hitzig was complaining that new Doctors with ACell will get poor results at first because they won't know how to use it. To be honest, when he said this I thought it was a sure alarm bell for another scam, but Dr Cole has posted his experience with ACell and it appears that he too had poor results to start with and as he developed his technique he is now getting better results and is a bit more optimistic.

I think that the same may happen to other Doctors in their studies - after one year they might see bad results like Dr Cole did and abandon it.

One thing is for sure though: if ACell means plucking and/or it has the ability to regrow hair after FUE (with consistent positive yields, ie 'autocloning'), then I have almost no problems with getting a hair transplant.

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
Bah. Looks like they took a half-stretched scar and acted like the good side was the acell one.

malo

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the real player to watch in this is Dr. Cooley. He made the presentation at
the ISHRS last year and he has a great deal of respect in the hair restoration community and he seems cautiously optimistic regarding Acell.

But I got to say Dr. Hitzig is really working his tail off and has set up a good dialog with people on The Bald Truth forum.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
don't know why I can't get excited over this. Maybe because I am not sure these are NEW hairs.. maybe strip kills a lot of follicles in the proximity of the strip and ACELL helps them live. But if we r not getting strip (or even if I was) I am not sure why i would be excited. I want to see ACELL generate new hairs or old dying hairs or plucked hairs. Then :punk:

Letac

Reaction score
Does this mean that there?s growing out new hair in the scar? Meaning that there is acctualy growing out hair where you have removed it?? - in a way you can have unlimited supply of donorhair? If so, this is just great great news!!

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
idontwanttobebalding said:
Shma said:
Bah. Looks like they took a half-stretched scar and acted like the good side was the acell one.

You are high. It's OK because I used to love to get high, but you are high none-the-less if you don't know these photos are real. Hitzig's success has been all over the balding sites. There is alot of posturing and the courts may still come into play but this is real stuff.

If you visit the boards for more than a half year you'll be less optimistic if you see those statements. Just wait and be patient... Too many disappointments in the past.

cuebald

Reaction score
I was under the impression that this is "autocloning" - or where they pluck hairs out of the donor/beard, and if it has the "sheath" of tissue you sometimes get with plucked hairs, they treat it with Acell and implant it as if it is a normal graft. This graft then grows out, but the donor hair also grows (as it has only been plucked).
This means you can basically keep going for hair transplant's every few months and your donor doesn't get depleted at all.
This Doctor even reported plucking a few beard hairs and implanting them into a patients head (without using Acell or any other treatments) and they grew fine (but scalp hair wouldn't regrow like this) If this is true - unlimited BHT without any "white dot" cobblestone scarring you see on BHT patients?
Only problem is that if you pluck hairs over and over it can damage the follicle (like you get in traction alopecia) - so maybe donor isn't infact unlimited (but if you can pluck each hair 5 times only that's enough donor for a scalp anyway)

cuebald

Reaction score
it's on one of the interviews did with Hiztig

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DIYtony said:
hmm i am suprised they have been posted without day 0 pictures
i am not too convinced

belowzero

Reaction score
So essentially they're showing us that the hairs they simply plucked from a donor area are growing back... Wow when i pluck my hair they grow back without A-cell. And the Scar is the area where they did a full graft and it didnt grow back? Well no sh*t.

The real photos we need are the evidence that suggest the hairs that are plucked will grow properly and strong in the recipient area. Forget about the bloody donor area.