Dr. Hakan ********* 2835 Grafts FUE

D.A.M.

Reaction score
Swoop, do you plan to use finasteride or minoxidil, since when your hair is buzzed and short, it looks that your NW6 pattern has started to miniaturize. So eventhough you are NW2 or 2.5, whole NW6 pattern slowly starts to miniaturize. YOu can clearly see difference in denisty between top of the head and sides.

I remember, one hair loss veteran once said when you first start to notice hair loss, you've already lost 40 - 50% of hair density. Most people start to recede, but in same time they start to diffusely loose hair in NW5 or NW6 area. It interesting thing.

I'm sure he still has enough hairs on the back of his head for another transplant if needed in the future.

shookwun

Reaction score
Yeah the donor is quite camouflaged so that doesn't matter. Got any tips how I can reduce that redness in the recipient? Hopefully it will subside even more though in the coming month.

Aloe Vera (real authentic stuff)
Emu oil

grafts will start sprouting usually 12 weeks post OP

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Swoop, do you plan to use finasteride or minoxidil, since when your hair is buzzed and short, it looks that your NW6 pattern has started to miniaturize. So eventhough you are NW2 or 2.5, whole NW6 pattern slowly starts to miniaturize. YOu can clearly see difference in denisty between top of the head and sides.

I remember, one hair loss veteran once said when you first start to notice hair loss, you've already lost 40 - 50% of hair density. Most people start to recede, but in same time they start to diffusely loose hair in NW5 or NW6 area. It interesting thing.

Yeah as you see in my story, I came in to the hair transplant with the worst hair ever, having quit RU + minoxidil 3-4 months before my operation (big *** shed). I'm on RU now though again, so no problem. Can always add in finasteride too. So I should be set and safe for at least a few years. Also I have grafts left for an eventual procedure in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Aloe Vera (real authentic stuff)
Emu oil

grafts will start sprouting usually 12 weeks post OP

Thanks man will try that.

pidda

Established Member
Reaction score
For a 25 year old with that degree of loss, 2800 grafts is a hell of a lot. Up to 1500 might be a safer bet. I don't think I should have used more than 1000 for my first transplant.

shookwun

Reaction score
For a 25 year old with that degree of loss, 2800 grafts is a hell of a lot. Up to 1500 might be a safer bet. I don't think I should have used more than 1000 for my first transplant.

That's how many grafts are needed to give a natural looking result that doesn't look like a tuff of see-through pubes scattered all over.

I had almost 2300 grafts for a NW2, but the whole frontal third, including forelock was reinforced like the OP. Not only that but future areas that will eventually thin are grafted.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score

What shookwun said. You need many grafts for a good coverage, or it will look unnatural. I know I can easily maintain even if I have to throw in finasteride with my RU. Why don't you think you should go more than 1000 for your hair transplant? You are on dutasteride + RU dude. You are basically Androgenetic Alopecia free with that regimen for many many years. You shouldn't worry at all, I don't really understand your point.

Besides that as I get older I care less about my hair. I do think also that in 15 years a functional cure will arise. In the form of hair doubling perhaps or something else. So yeah #YOLO.

pidda

Established Member
Reaction score
That's how many grafts are needed to give a natural looking result that doesn't look like a tuff of see-through pubes scattered all over.

I had almost 2300 grafts for a NW2, but the whole frontal third, including forelock was reinforced like the OP. Not only that but future areas that will eventually thin are grafted.
I understand. The work looks great, I just want the younger people to be careful.

What shookwun said. You need many grafts for a good coverage, or it will look unnatural. I know I can easily maintain even if I have to throw in finasteride with my RU. Why don't you think you should go more than 1000 for your hair transplant? You are on dutasteride + RU dude. You are basically Androgenetic Alopecia free with that regimen for many many years. You shouldn't worry at all, I don't really understand your point.

Besides that as I get older I care less about my hair. I do think also that in 15 years a functional cure will arise. In the form of hair doubling perhaps or something else. So yeah #YOLO.

I was originally planned for 1000 but I decided to push it further on my own behalf. I guess I was trying to blow myself away with the results without thinking about the future too much. Ya I am maintaining well but I just want people to be careful. Some patients go little by little with the surgeries which might not be practical in your case I suppose.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was originally planned for 1000 but I decided to push it further on my own behalf. I guess I was trying to blow myself away with the results without thinking about the future too much. Ya I am maintaining well but I just want people to be careful. Some patients go little by little with the surgeries which might not be practical in your case I suppose.

Seems you got enough donor left too. You'll be very happy when all growth has set in!

pidda

Established Member
Reaction score
Seems you got enough donor left too. You'll be very happy when all growth has set in!
Probably! Just after talking with a seasoned hair transplant veteran of many years in person, I started to question myself even more. I guess it's not such a bad thing seeing more hair in the front day after day. Getting over the worst phase of shockloss within the first month was the hard part really. Anyway, I wish you great success and luck in your transplant!

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably! Just after talking with a seasoned hair transplant veteran of many years in person, I started to question myself even more. I guess it's not such a bad things seeing more hair in the front day after day. Getting over the worst phase of shockloss within the first month was the hard part really. Anyway, I wish you great success and luck in your transplant!

You shouldn't question yourself. You'll be perfectly healed soon (you already are) with new hair growing in your hairline. And you are Androgenetic Alopecia free. What else do you wish for? Thanks bro, likewise!

shookwun

Reaction score
The surgeons that just graft the sly areas arent reputable, and are thinking for the current moment rather then the future. This is why such amount of grafts are needed. The frontal third is completely reinforced, then in future the mid area is grafted finally followed by crown with whats left over. Surgeons always emphasise from the front to back with the most grafts. The crown is seen as a place for whats left over, and remaining while the front is completely re-done.

If OP eventually receeds into a NW3 (worst case scenario) the ground is already covered. male pattern baldness is progressive, and any reputable surgeon will plant in hindsight.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey swoop, any updates?

Hey man, not many times on the forums anymore sorry for the slow response. Nothing new really. My donor healed perfectly though, which is very good obviously. Furthermore the recipient is still a bit red but it's a waiting game now! I'll shoot some new pics soon and post them.

Aesthetic

Established Member
Reaction score
wtf how did the hairs grow so fast and long after 14 days, thats amazing! is this normal

u have a really great hairline now

eenrak

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply swoop, can't wait to see the pictures!
wtf how did the hairs grow so fast and long after 14 days, thats amazing! is this normal

u have a really great hairline now
They fall out after a couple of weeks, and then you have to wait months hoping that all/most of it will reappear.

David.G

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't understand how the donor area can grow back like that. Looking at the pre-op photos, they removed a ton of hair from the lower back of the head. Guess its just hairs around it growing longer and covering the scars?

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I'm just at about 5 months now, decided to take some pictures. Left side seems to be going well. Right side is a bit lacking and behind as you can see on the picture. The first two pictures are pre-op just the day I had surgery (out of bed look lol). Other 3 are how my hair stands now.

Donor has healed awesome (shock loss was pretty big in the beginning)

I think it's going pretty well :D and it's going to be interesting what the coming months will bring!

I need to stay realistic too as I have extremely fine hair which makes things more difficult.

At the 1 year mark I'll make really good pictures from all angles, and will probably shave down too then!)

Oh btw my scalp is still a bit red for those who are wondering (Caucasian genes I guess :p)

hair5months.jpg