Dr Gho HSI patient Donor Regrowth (Pics)

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Gho is fully booked till 2012. From my understanding he has been performing this since 2009, that is 2 years.

If he was a real con artist, word would have spreaded by now from a series of unhappy patients refuting his claim of donor regrowth. Also a bunch of sckeptical hair transplant doctors in europe took Dr Gho to court claiming that he was misleading people. He won the court case.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Oknow said:
http://www.hasci.com/uploads/downloads/ ... 7feb11.pdf

See page 4 for macro "proof" photography of ghos technique.

Clear regrowth.
no, bad science, figure 3 was taken from 2 different people and figure 4 where he "proves" regrowth he never does such a thing

picture a before the procedure he takes a picture, then in picture b the image is zoomed in further meaning that you can't make a fair comparison between picture b and picture c

picture a and picture c were taken with the same zoom and lighting ect picture b wasn't
comparing picture a and picture c is not sufficient proof of regrowth

this is how someone scientifically proves regrowth, notice how the pictures are the same spot, same lighting and same zoom, and clearly new hairs

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
somone uk said:
Oknow said:
http://www.hasci.com/uploads/downloads/ ... 7feb11.pdf

See page 4 for macro "proof" photography of ghos technique.

Clear regrowth.
no, bad science, figure 3 was taken from 2 different people and figure 4 where he "proves" regrowth he never does such a thing

picture a before the procedure he takes a picture, then in picture b the image is zoomed in further meaning that you can't make a fair comparison between picture b and picture c

picture a and picture c were taken with the same zoom and lighting ect picture b wasn't
comparing picture a and picture c is not sufficient proof of regrowth

this is how someone scientifically proves regrowth, notice how the pictures are the same spot, same lighting and same zoom, and clearly new hairs

It's clear you do not think Gho is doing HM. However, if that was the case. Then why hasn't he been hustled yet?

Vox

Established Member
Reaction score
Oknow said:
Also a bunch of sckeptical hair transplant doctors in europe took Dr Gho to court claiming that he was misleading people. He won the court case.
Very interesting. Did it really happen? If yes, then it proves that there is a real conflict of interests here.

In other cases, the failure to produce an effective solution for Androgenetic Alopecia based on HM, is considered (and I tend to believe it) as the result of big companies' efforts to sabotage any innovation that could threaten their dominance in the market.

Here there was a trial won. Why not think again that competing surgeons wanted to stop him since his method is better?

Vox

Established Member
Reaction score
Oknow said:
Gho is fully booked till 2012.
So, in about two years from now we will know if this technique is really something worth considering or just another scam preying on innocent and desperate bald heads.

dimitar_berbagod

Established Member
Reaction score
Going by the FAQs on their website, I can only find answers given by opinion. There seems to be nothing properly backed up at all. I've not been able to find anything about how the hairs are multiplying

http://www.hasci.com/homepage.aspx

I might email them to query a few things.

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
Vox said:
In other cases, the failure to produce an effective solution for Androgenetic Alopecia based on HM, is considered (and I tend to believe it) as the result of big companies' efforts to sabotage any innovation that could threaten their dominance in the market.
You have any proof about that?
Because people love to believe there is a big conspiracy against baldies all around the world without evidence to back it up

As far as I know, all the big players, present and past (Intercytex, Aderans, Histogen, etc. ) have never said a word about sabotage to explain their failures

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Oknow said:
It's clear you do not think Gho is doing HM. However, if that was the case. Then why hasn't he been hustled yet?
the same way most snake oil salesmen get away with it

even though dr gho won the legal challenge (tl;dr, not sure why he did) but if he can multiply hair and fully legit, why does he still fail to impress the ISHRS or any other reputible body, he usually gets slammed at them

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
somone uk said:
Oknow said:
the same way most snake oil salesmen get away with it

even though dr gho won the legal challenge (tl;dr, not sure why he did) but if he can multiply hair and fully legit, why does he still fail to impress the ISHRS or any other reputible body, he usually gets slammed at them

Don't you think he would have lost it with insufficient evidence? You dont just "magically" win court cases of that magnitude. He obviously had to provide some proof that his technique "works".

And there is a difference between a snake oil based drug and a surgical procedure. Snake oils based drugs do not have to go through the FDA or any governing body, they are in most cases legal, just misleading.

Here is how I see it. Acell didn't work out, but hair transplant doctors didn't initially slam it at the ISHRS, instead they conducted trials. They have not done this with Dr Gho. There seems to be a bias against Dr Gho.

Either way, I am sure you will hear about if this is a scam or not over the course of the following year.

http://www.baldtruthtaIk.com/showthread.php?t=6377

Check this thread out.

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
Oknow said:
Here is how I see it. Acell didn't work out, but hair transplant doctors didn't initially slam it at the ISHRS, instead they conducted trials. They have not done this with Dr Gho. There seems to be a bias against Dr Gho.
Rassman did "slam it" initially and his detractors got completely mad because of his pessimism

Has Dr. Gho even allowed outside clinics to check his results?

How long has Gho's name roamed trough internet boards?
I admit his last patient's results look amazing. But they still look like another good FUE to me
I don't understand why suddenly even his detractors in the past have been so emotionally attached to the guy.
For a guy with his record he needs to show better evidence.

I think the balding community needs to exercise heavy skepticism instead of going euphoric at every new snake oil of the month like a certain sub-forum does

Vox

Established Member
Reaction score
bigentries said:
Vox said:
You have any proof about that?
If I had, I would not say "is considered" but "it has been proved" instead. By the way I was not aware of these conspiracy theories until I joined the discussions in this forum. :)

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
A guy from another forum had a consultation with gho

http://www.baldtruthtaIk.com/showpost.p ... stcount=18

T

TravisB

OMG 8800 Euros for 1400 - 1600 grafts sure is expensive. Would Gho be so cheeky to charge this much cash for something that doesn't work?

BenVegas01

Reaction score
Interesting -

What i can't understand, is why on the website there are not more pictures of the donar area.

Also each tranplant doesn't show how many grafts were used etc. The results arn't spectacular, but that would be ok if the donor was trully regenerated.

As the donar regeneration seems like the standout element to the proceedure, why arn't there more pics of it on the website?