Dr Diep fue reviews/advice in San Fran.

Jerry_83

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,
I am booked in for an due procedure with dr Diep in San Francisco.
Is there any former patients who can provide a review??

Any feedback is appreciated.

thanks fir

WallaceMa76

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would encourage you to reconsider and outright will say it is a mistake.

Before I respond further, are you a FUT/FUSS or a FUE patient? How hold are you? Norwood scale? How many grafts did Dr. Diep quote you? Price per graft? What is your ethnicity?

And yes, I am a patient of Dr. Diep's.

Jerry_83

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, FUE.. 1200 grafts, 37, white, 1.5-2 Norwood.

thanks for your feedback. There seems a lot good results, but also lots of bad ones.
The risk is too great overall.
I’m not a gambler!!

Scoobysnack

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
FWIW, I just had my second and last FUT with dr Sara Wasserbauer over here in Walnut Creek. But I’ll admit I never shopped around. Her office is 10 min from me and after my consultation she seemed cool and competent. Staff is friendly. Like I said I didn’t shop around... I was looking for something convenient and they happen to have a cancellation that was coming up in two weeks so I jumped in and did it

WallaceMa76

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, FUE.. 1200 grafts, 37, white, 1.5-2 Norwood.

thanks for your feedback. There seems a lot good results, but also lots of bad ones.
The risk is too great overall.
I’m not a gambler!!

Unfortunately, I found out a lot about Dr. Diep's short comings after my procedure with him. Firstly, you should know that at $8-$10 per FUE graft, Dr. Diep is really expensive. What I am about to tell you is that value wise, Dr. Diep isn't worth it. PM me if you wish to discuss further.

WallaceMa76

My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I've seen Dr. Diep is implanting grafts in rows, using quite big punches so high chance of shock loss and extraction pattern is bizarre. Definitely not worth the money. There are much better surgeons who actually care what they do.
Yeah, Dr. Diep and his Youtube channel is the equivalent of a late night infomercial. Everything is sold and staged really well even down the the soft lighting in his office, but when you get it home, it is just cheaply made. He rips through the extractions and his transection rate is high even by black market standards. Then he rifles his way through graft incision laying out all the slits in rows as fast as possible. He is then reliant upon hair length to cover up what is effectively human plastic baby doll hair grafts . Look at this video to see what I mean. Do you see that he even made an attempt at matching the patient's whorl at the vertex?

He isn't the only doctor that implants in rows, but his rows are way more pronounced. I would skip all surgeons that implant in rows. Hair grows in random patterns in nature. The margin for error is low when a surgeon does this. Also, it limits the hair styles you can wear (no low buzz cuts). So if a surgeon does't implant grafts randomly, the surgeon either doesn't want to do it, or he can't do it. Either way, why let that impact your aesthetic goals? Especially at that price?

He is an agrressive surgeon. But in the OP's case with minimal recession (1200 grafts), you don't need an aggressive surgeon. You need one that is refined and involved during the entire procedure. Get your deposit back if you can. If not, just write down the loss and go with a better, more meticulous surgeon.

Last edited:

WallaceMa76

My Regimen
Reaction score
Which Doctor do you recommend as best for N. America area?
There are great surgeons in North America, but that question can't be answered without qualifying it a bit more. Such things as budget and where you are on the Norwood scale. If you are a FUT candidate over FUE. Your age. The question really is which surgeon is best for you. But for outright best, here are my picks:

Konior
Nader
Shapiro
Nadimi

Each one of these surgeons produce natural dense results; naturalness being the most important differentiator. None of those picks compromise when it comes to the time they have to spend in surgery. Honestly though, if I had it all over again, I would be willing to travel. Value wise, you can have the best work in the world done for significantly less if you decide to go outside of North America. Though Dr. Nader in Mexico is great in skill and in value.

But good question. Should help the OP too, because Dr. Diep is definitely a surgeon I would strongly advise everyone to cross off their list.

Last edited:

Rolandas

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, Dr. Diep and his Youtube channel is the equivalent of a late night infomercial. Everything is sold and staged really well even down the the soft lighting in his office, but when you get it home, it is just cheaply made. He rips through the extractions and his transection rate is high even by black market standards. Then he rifles his way through graft incision laying out all the slits in rows as fast as possible. He is then reliant upon hair length to cover up what is effectively human plastic baby doll hair grafts . Look at this video to see what I mean. Do you see that he even made an attempt at matching the patient's whorl at the vertex?

He isn't the only doctor that implants in rows, but his rows are way more pronounced. I would skip all surgeons that implant in rows. Hair grows in random patterns in nature. The margin for error is low when a surgeon does this. Also, it limits the hair styles you can wear (no low buzz cuts). So if a surgeon does't implant grafts randomly, the surgeon either doesn't want to do it, or he can't do it. Either way, why let that impact your aesthetic goals? Especially at that price?

He is an agrressive surgeon. But in the OP's case with minimal recession (1200 grafts), you don't need an aggressive surgeon. You need one that is refined and involved during the entire procedure. Get your deposit back if you can. If not, just write down the loss and go with a better, more meticulous surgeon.
Couldn't agree more! Wow this result is really really bad. Grafts are spaced apart quite a lot + implanted in rows, even in the crown! Can't wrap my head around how this poor job is endorsed by so many... In my personal preference he would fall down to low quality turkish clinics that can do even better job.

WallaceMa76

My Regimen
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more! Wow this result is really really bad. Grafts are spaced apart quite a lot + implanted in rows, even in the crown! Can't wrap my head around how this poor job is endorsed by so many...
Fool.jpg

giegnosiganoe

My Regimen
Reaction score
I find Diep's youtube vids to be comical. The way he repeats the same phrases every video "brings out his eyes, his nose, all of the features that God gave him" or "artistry of the hairline and temples", and the way he presents the result in such a way that hides as much as possible..

But yeah, run for the hills OP.

WallaceMa76

My Regimen
Reaction score
I find Diep's youtube vids to be comical. The way he repeats the same phrases every video "brings out his eyes, his nose, all of the features that God gave him" or "artistry of the hairline and temples", and the way he presents the result in such a way that hides as much as possible..

But yeah, run for the hills OP.
The homerun results he shows on his Youtube channel show his poor techniques. You just have to pause the videos as Dr. Diep clicks through things fast, but you can see his limitations if you know what to look for. Chiefly, Dr. Diep just lays out his grafts in straight lines and the yield he achieves masks his severe limitations.

Here is an example,

Diep Video 1: Below are un-doctored screengrabs from this video is below. You can see the hairline corners are just grafts laid out in a straight line. He makes no attempt to form the hairline with nature-like irregularites. He dangles a hair graft icicle or two along the hair line to break up the unnatural straight line (he calls these zig zags). Patients of his are happy. But balding men have low standards when it comes to restored hair.

But be advised, as a patient of his, I can assure you, the margin for error is low. With my procedure, he spaced the rows wide. Even with the high yield that I have, the wide row exposes lots of scalp and the plastic baby doll grafts are easily visible and I look like I have a bad hair weave that I have to spend extra money to repair.

DiepHomeRun_01.JPG

DiepHomeRun_02.JPG

DiepHomeRun_03.JPG

Hlbgone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would encourage you to reconsider and outright will say it is a mistake.

Before I respond further, are you a FUT/FUSS or a FUE patient? How hold are you? Norwood scale? How many grafts did Dr. Diep quote you? Price per graft? What is your ethnicity?

And yes, I am a patient of Dr. Diep's.
Who would you recommend that can do black hair transplants?

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
The homerun results he shows on his Youtube channel show his poor techniques. You just have to pause the videos as Dr. Diep clicks through things fast, but you can see his limitations if you know what to look for. Chiefly, Dr. Diep just lays out his grafts in straight lines and the yield he achieves masks his severe limitations.

Here is an example,

Diep Video 1: Below are un-doctored screengrabs from this video is below. You can see the hairline corners are just grafts laid out in a straight line. He makes no attempt to form the hairline with nature-like irregularites. He dangles a hair graft icicle or two along the hair line to break up the unnatural straight line (he calls these zig zags). Patients of his are happy. But balding men have low standards when it comes to restored hair.

But be advised, as a patient of his, I can assure you, the margin for error is low. With my procedure, he spaced the rows wide. Even with the high yield that I have, the wide row exposes lots of scalp and the plastic baby doll grafts are easily visible and I look like I have a bad hair weave that I have to spend extra money to repair.

View attachment 155500

View attachment 155501

View attachment 155502
Maybe I'm naïve but this looks crazy good to me...