Down And Out. What Are My Odds Of Achieving Regrowth?

patrickstewart

Reaction score
I'm 34 years old and been a NW6 for about 4-5 years, although my hair loss started around 20. My hair loss appears to have stabilized, and I have high sides / back area, although not the best density. I have miniaturized hairs all over the top of my crown area. I've decided to throw everything available at this, with the goal of connecting any results with a hair transplant after a year or so. I'm at work and can post pics later, but I'm a pretty standard NW6. What are my odds of achieving regrowth? Also, am I missing anything? I've seen some pretty wild results here, so I figured I'd atleast give it a shot.

Oral Minoxidil - Going to start at 2.5 MG per day and reduce / increase if needed depending on sides.
Finasteride - 1Mg Per Day
Microneedling - 1.5mm once per week
Scalp Massages - Daily

BMax

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are nw6 get a transplant and then start on the meds dont wait a year minoxidil and finasteride are not magic you will not get enough back to be satisfied.

Who Farted

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Slim to none. Even in the most favorable of circumstances, most people don’t see regrowth, they simply maintain where they are. Most of the time regrowth isn’t regrowth in the sense that it’s a resurrected follicle, it’s the revitalization of a miniaturized follicle that allows it to produce a better quality hair that can actually be seen.

Once a follicle is dead, it’s done and nothing can bring it back. In your case, being a nw6 for 4-5 years means that the follicles in the pattern area have been dead for 4-5 years and have zero chance of coming back. Maybe, if you’re lucky
You might find a few vellus hair’s here and there that might have a small chance to bolster, but st this point the only thing your regimen is going to do for you, (assuming you respond),is keep you out of nw7 territory

Modern hair loss treatments are most effective early on in the process and can do less and less for you the longer you delay them. If you started this regimen at nw2 or nw3 you could have likely improved the situation. If you had started immediately at the onset of nw6 you may have been able to salvage to an nw5 by salvaging hairs that hadn’t been dormant for long and/or were bolstered by medication.

At this point, the only worthwhile course is to get an hair transplant and pair it with an anti-androgen.