Down And Out. What Are My Odds Of Achieving Regrowth? | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Down And Out. What Are My Odds Of Achieving Regrowth?

Discussion in 'Growth Stimulants - Rogaine, Minoxidil, Tricomin,' started by patrickstewart, Nov 21, 2019.

1. patrickstewart

patrickstewart New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm 34 years old and been a NW6 for about 4-5 years, although my hair loss started around 20. My hair loss appears to have stabilized, and I have high sides / back area, although not the best density. I have miniaturized hairs all over the top of my crown area. I've decided to throw everything available at this, with the goal of connecting any results with a hair transplant after a year or so. I'm at work and can post pics later, but I'm a pretty standard NW6. What are my odds of achieving regrowth? Also, am I missing anything? I've seen some pretty wild results here, so I figured I'd atleast give it a shot.

Oral Minoxidil - Going to start at 2.5 MG per day and reduce / increase if needed depending on sides.
    finasteride - 1Mg Per Day
    Microneedling - 1.5mm once per week
    Scalp Massages - Daily

2. patrickstewart

patrickstewart New Member

Dislikes Received:
  3. Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Me Vs DiffuseThinning Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
  4. BMax

BMax Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    If you are nw6 get a transplant and then start on the meds dont wait a year minoxidil and finasteride are not magic you will not get enough back to be satisfied.

5. pegasus2

pegasus2 Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    The odds aren't great for a NW6, but with microneedling anything is possible. Definitely hold off for a year on a hair transplant until you see what you can regrow. It doesn't make any sense go in and destroy miniaturized follicles with a hair transplant before finding out if they can be saved. Not to mention, you won't get good results as a NW6, but if you can get it back to a NW4 with treatments it will make a world of difference in your transplant results.

Scoobysnack likes this.