Dosaging for Green Tea, Saw Palmetto and Biotin

Goodfellas

Reaction score
Hi guys.

My plan is to use Green Tea extact, Saw Palmetto and Biotion in order to stop my hair loss (in addition to nizoral and propecia).

How much should I use of each daily? I've also heard that Green Tea extract can increase your bloood pressure, is that correct?

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
5mg-Biotin
320mg-Saw Palmetto
500mg-Green Tea extract

All these are the recommended dosages.

dpdr

Established Member
Reaction score
EDIT:

5mg of Biotin is not a very high dose ? 500mcg or 600mcg is good

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
dpdr said:
5mg of Biotin is not a very high dose ? 500mg or 600mg is good

5 mg of biotin is a LARGE dose. The dose used in that one study was only 2.5 mg. You don't have enough money to take 500 or 600 mg of biotin every day, even if you could obtain such a STUPENDOUSLY large amount of it! :)

Brains Expel Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the RDA for it is 300mcg (0.3mg), 500mg would probably finally find the toxicity level of it (not fully known currently). As long as you're getting at least 30mcg a day you're probably doing fine.

dpdr

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
dpdr said:
5mg of Biotin is not a very high dose ? 500mg or 600mg is good

5 mg of biotin is a LARGE dose. The dose used in that one study was only 2.5 mg. You don't have enough money to take 500 or 600 mg of biotin every day, even if you could obtain such a STUPENDOUSLY large amount of it! :)

Sorry, I confuse :woot:

I meant 500mcg or 600mcg and not MG

Goodfellas

Reaction score
I have some 1000mcg capsules of Biotin at home. How many of these would I have to take in order to reach to take 5mg of Biotin daily?

Also, what other B-vitamins except from Biotin would help for a person suffering from hair loss?

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Take the 1000 mcg capsule every other day and from what I have heard Vitamin B5 and B12 are capable of improving your hair's health.Why dont you get yourself a combination of all B Vitamins ?

Goodfellas

Reaction score
mpbsux20 said:
Take the 1000 mcg capsule every other day and from what I have heard Vitamin B5 and B12 are capable of improving your hair's health.Why dont you get yourself a combination of all B Vitamins ?

Because I want to avoid Folic Acid that can give cancer.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Goodfellas said:

Baloney. Everybody should take a daily folic acid supplement.

Goodfellas

Reaction score
What other supps except B vitmains, Saw Palmetto and Fish Oil should I focon on to avoid further hairloss?

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have taken/continue to take all of these and I believe they can improve the condition of your hair....

MSM,Zinc,Magnesium,amino acids,iron,horsetail extract,rosemary extract and Wheat Germ Oil.

CicFiric

Reaction score
Hello Guys!
I just don`t want to open a new topic about dosaging for saw palmetto. I get Puritan`s Pride Saw Palmetto 450mg at Friday. How many capsules do I need to take. On the box is written sth. like this: "For adult men, take 1 capsule three to five times daily. Isn`t this a little bit too much? Because I read that you are taking 320mg dailj or I just didn`t understand your posts.

Regards!

Tony

anselm

Reaction score
Antonyo said:
So if I take 450mg will be Okay?

From what i've read on these forums it is better to take a lower dose for better effects. A higher dose can cause problems with the hair and body.

160mg a day is the one i keep hearing. Or if more 320mg. 450mg is too much.

Max West

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Goodfellas said:

Baloney. Everybody should take a daily folic acid supplement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folic_acid#Cancer

Most research studies associate high dietary folate intake with a reduced risk of prostate cancer,[68] however, in men, folic acid supplementation appears to double the risk of prostate cancer.[74] Recently, a clinical trial showed that daily supplementation of 1 mg of folic acid increased the risk of prostate cancer while dietary and plasma folate levels among non vitamin users actually decreased the risk of prostate cancer.[22] A Finnish study consisting of 29,133 older male smokers resulted in the observation that prostate cancer risk had no relationship with serum folate levels.[5]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostate_cancer#Diet

Folic acid supplements have recently been linked to an increase in risk of developing prostate cancer.[47] A ten-year research study led by University of Southern California researchers showed that men who took daily folic acid supplements of 1 mg were three times more likely to be diagnosed with prostate cancer than men who took a placebo.[47] Folate plays a complex role in prostate cancer and folic acid supplements have a different effect on prostate cancer than folate naturally found in foods.[47] The supplement form, folic acid, is more bioavailable in the body compared with dietary sources of folate.[47] Folate hydrolase activity is associated with prostate-specific antigen.