Don't you hate it...

Doom

Reaction score
when someone says to you, "I think you're going bald." It's such a retarded thing to say to someone. Talk about putting someone on the spot. I mean. how the hell do they expect you to answer ??? "Yeah, I'm going bald, isn't it great ! I can't wait for the last hair to fall out."

People who ask such a question should immediatley have their head forcibly shaved to see how they would like it. Women included. In fact, women most of all. It''s just such an evil thing to say. WHy ? Because there is no defense to such a statement.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Thanks for telling me I had'nt noticed! :roll:

antonio666

Reaction score
they do it to make themselves feel superior to you ,like oh your going bald ,oh i am not,that must make me better than the guy who is losing his hair.

these people who mention your hairloss are weasles,put a glass in these peoples face and weeks later say,"you have got horrible scars on your face"

Captain Obvious

Established Member
Reaction score
lol i know right! that's why i chose the username captain obvious because that's like the life we live. not only is our obvious distingushing feature our lack of hair but then everyone around us has to play captain obvious about it. hey look, the sky is blue!

usually people don't even have the courtesy to say "i think you're goiing bald"... they just go "damn you're goiing bald!"

ShedMaster

Reaction score
I have found that a lot of times people's perception of you is based on how you react to a comment like that. If you blow it off, laugh it off, basically act like its no big deal and has very little to do with how you view yourself and live your life then others will see this and show you the same respect that you show yourself.

And like I said in another post, easier said then done, but very true.

G

Doom said:
when someone says to you, "I think you're going bald." It's such a retarded thing to say to someone. Talk about putting someone on the spot. I mean. how the hell do they expect you to answer ??? "Yeah, I'm going bald, isn't it great ! I can't wait for the last hair to fall out."

People who ask such a question should immediatley have their head forcibly shaved to see how they would like it. Women included. In fact, women most of all. It''s just such an evil thing to say. WHy ? Because there is no defense to such a statement.

Us baldies may not tolerate such open attacks upon us. We have to strike back. When you hear such remarks you gotta attack their weak point such as :"Yes, just like you are getting fat!" or "At least I have got a lovely wife!" when you know that he/she has just divorced. Just make sure that nobody dares to humiliate you unpunished. Stand up and be a man!

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
well next time you'll be ready for them:

yes...my barber's giving me a discount.

grass dont grow on a busy pathway.

saves on shampoo.

these sort of replies show them you're not fazed.....better than giving a barbed comment back or going all coy.

s.a.f

Reaction score
This 50 yr old guy at work once pointed out to me that out of the two of us he had more hair.

BTW this guy is 5'6" and weighs about 280lbs. :roll:

Itsonlyinmyhead

Established Member
Reaction score
Well some people just dont notice it then when they do they point it out because thats the way their mind works.

For example if your little finger missing on your left hand because it had been cut off when you were taking hostage by Guerillas/Terrorists/Aliens, they would still point it out even though your very aware that the hostage takers cut it off then made you eat it.

So dont beat yourself up about it and dont get angry with the people.

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
no one has pointed it out to me....at least not yet.

rejoice.....you're obviously not bald...yet

tomas99

Established Member
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
Us baldies may not tolerate such open attacks upon us. We have to strike back. When you hear such remarks you gotta attack their weak point such as :"Yes, just like you are getting fat!" or "At least I have got a lovely wife!" when you know that he/she has just divorced. Just make sure that nobody dares to humiliate you unpunished. Stand up and be a man!

Yeah, that's exactly the opposite way like pure and confident man acts about such thing. I absolutely can't imagine Andre Agassi or CEO of any company or any other successful guy act this way.

If someone makes jokes and it is your buddy there should be no problem about it because he definitely does not mean that offensive. If there is someone so weak that point it out just to feel better, you show even more weakness if you return that back. That's how it works and how people see it.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Doom said:

I really doubt outside of high school age someone would ever say that. I have had women a full foot shorter than me tell me I'm too short to be dating her.

s.a.f

Reaction score
recboi said:
Doom said:
when someone says to you, "I think you're going bald."

I really doubt outside of high school age someone would ever say that

Believe me I've heard it many times in my 20's and now in my 30's.
As I posted before guys in their 50's (who are seriously loaded with physical flaws) have came right out and said it infront of others.
And no I did'nt respond by pointing out their obvious flaws. I just acted as if I did'nt really care.
But its funny how baldness seems to be the only non taboo subject for people to mention.
Possibly because it only affects us men and we're supposed to be able to handle it?
Eg you'd never see someone insult a woman (without provocation) by telling her she was fat or ugly.

IBM

Reaction score
I think the best answer is to ignore them or joke about it. They know that we cant control it and its not our fault though some try to make us think that it is.

Wash n' Gone

Established Member
Reaction score
People say crap like this for two reasons:

1, It isn't a big deal to them and they don't think it should be to you.
2, They think you might be worried about it and want to put you down. A none to subtle form of bullying.

Either way, you win by brushing it off. It is the only way to deal with it. Any other way you look hung up at having thinning hair.

It is damn annoying though :evil:

G

Wash n' Gone said:
People say crap like this for two reasons:

1, It isn't a big deal to them and they don't think it should be to you.
2, They think you might be worried about it and want to put you down. A none to subtle form of bullying.

i think that hits it. :!:

s.a.f

Reaction score
In all the cases its happened to me its simply been people trying to make themselves feel better about their own problems.

Ie: Hey I may be old/fat/ugly but at least I've still got one thing over this young/slim guy.