Don't think you're anemic?

dragonflygirl

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just want to say how important the tests recommended on this site are, in case there are any skeptics! I went to my doctor yesterday and mentioned them. She agreed they could be useful, although I had had anemia tests/CBCs before which seemed normal. After looking up my last results from a different doctor four months ago, she told me I have severe Iron-deficient Amenia! The other doctor didn't think I needed to know this?!? Without this site, I wouldn't have known about the anemia, so thanks to its creators. So if you think you don't need to be tested, or you have been in the past, have them done anyway. Best of luck to all! :D

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Dragon - thank you so much for this feedback. Its good to know that the Women's Guide to hair loss is helpful.

HairLossTalk.com

dragonflygirl

Reaction score
actually..

this site saved my life! i was in the hospital over the weekend as it turns out i was so anemic i was at risk for kidney failure and cardiac arrest. i had to have a blood transfusion. i had been feeling really weak for several months but blamed stress (increasingly so as my hair began to fall out) and poor diet. so hopefully i will recover and see my hair grow back. thanks again, dfg.