Dont quite Propecia to early

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all. Day 8 on Propecia and i feel great haha no sexual sides thank god, lil extra sweating, a weird kind of pressure down below the belt is the extent of my side effects and everday they get less intense and shorter in duration. Now i can see how some of these odd feelings can be terrifying especially after reading all the horror stories online . I had a "oh f#ck me" moment day 3 and thought omg is this worth it maybe it wont be so bad if i lose all my hair. Yeah right! I was miserable haha after my panic attack with all kinds of "side effects" i finally calmed down and made myself stop freaking out about every lil feeling in my body. So the moral i guess give your body some time and listen to your dr. If hes a good one -Anthony- i of course dont know whats Best for you, this is just my experience so far

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
Yes I think everyone who loses their hair at least at a relatively young age gets a moment when they just realize, "this shouldn't be how it is" and will choose to at least try to fight it. People compare a man balding as similar to a woman gaining weight post-menopause, one of the big differences is, an awful lot of men bald in their 20's and so many like myself in their teens even. It quite simply is not fair and unlike weight gain at a young age, there is no easy cure like "exercise" or "eat healthy".

If you're under 30 and harbour some desire to stop balding at least until later life, then you should try an AA and save your follicles, the majority get off side free and if not, stop treatment and you will return to normal soon after.

Also to all readers thinking about starting treatment, I wouldn't like to say go against your doctor/dermatologist, as that is a very foolish thing to do for most cases. But if you're situation is anything like mine, then your Doctor/derm were useless at diagnosing and offering treatment for male pattern baldness. It is the 21st century, safe and secure sources for treatments are available online if necessary so If your Doctor/derm doesn't feel comfortable prescribing you treatment for a stupid reason (e.g. being too young when you're a safe age) then don't feel like all hope is lost!

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I only wrote this because i saw a ton of people saying they quite after just a couple doses, or after 3 or 5 days . Just thought my experience might help a lil at least rethink it . I was afraid to take Propecia for 2 years and tried the natural route we' ve all tried lol so its real big deal for me to be on it

David.G

Established Member
Reaction score
Hopefully you do not get sides. I took it for 8 months and it slowly crept up on me. It doesn't happen to everybody though. Some are lucky and get no sides. The sides went away a few months after stopping treatment. So sad that finasteride and dutasteride are the best we have and our manhood has to suffer for it. That's so cruel.

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hopefully you do not get sides. I took it for 8 months and it slowly crept up on me. It doesn't happen to everybody though. Some are lucky and get no sides. The sides went away a few months after stopping treatment. So sad that finasteride and dutasteride are the best we have and our manhood has to suffer for it. That's so cruel.
I heard most people have sides within the first two weeks. I feel fine. I had my nocebo moments already lol so im gonna be 100% a ok with wonderful hair :) the mind is more powerful than finasteride. Positive attitude my new way of thinking. I feel great now that i Dont have to worry about my hair. Dr haber sold me on Propecia. Hes taken it 16 years and he prescribed his own son it at 19, hes 23 now. I have to believe ill be fine. Theres no going back now

- - - Updated - - -

The mind... I read that post and now my mind flashes to. What if its not ok in 8 month down the road. Anxiety is creeping in... Im not gonna let it. My dr said to be careful going on this site lol. He said its very skewed its only people who have had trouble. Not many people who are doing great come on and post. I am sorry you had trouble whether nocebo effect or real it doesn't matter. You still feel bad enough to stop and that really sucks . To bad the naturals Dont work. I tried em all good Luck man. Hair loss can be devastating

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: day 22 no side effects. No crazy shed. The male pattern baldness itch at my temples has mostly gone away. Im guessing thats a good sign :)

baldingrob1

Reaction score
Update: day 22 no side effects. No crazy shed. The male pattern baldness itch at my temples has mostly gone away. Im guessing thats a good sign :)

thank you for your update!! i am really wondering about the no side effects too. my friend has been on propecia for 3 months without side effects so i'm happy since my hair is going too and i need something.

please keep us updated!

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thank you for your update!! i am really wondering about the no side effects too. my friend has been on propecia for 3 months without side effects so i'm happy since my hair is going too and i need something.

please keep us updated!
Will do man, i too was afraid of Propecia for 2 years i tried all the natural "treatments" they dont work. I only had very minimal loss and they did nothing and i slowly lost a lil more. My dr and his son take Propecia. That showed me it must be safe. And the more i really look into it i really believe most adverse effects are from the mind and the constant fear side effects Will come. I felt kinda crappy the first 3 days bc i was so scared. Even had a few anxiety attacks lol then i realized when i had not thought about my body i felt fine. Now i just know im ok and just try and go about my day. Also Spencer kobrens the bald truth helped they talk about Propecia all the time you can you tube episodes. And if you take Propecia, dont take generics!! Keep hearing bad things go Propecia or proscar and cut em that saves cash

Last edited:

baldingrob1

Reaction score
Will do man, i too was afraid of Propecia for 2 years i tried all the natural "treatments" they dont work. I only had very minimal loss and they did nothing and i slowly lost a lil more. Mr dr and his son take Propecia. That showed me it must be safe. And the more i really look into it i really believe most adverse effects are from the mind and the constant fear side effects Will come. I felt kinda crappy the first 3 days bc i was so scared. Even had a few anxiety attacks lol then i realized when i had not thought about my body i felt fine. Now i just know im ok and just try and go about my day. Also Spencer kobrens the bald truth helped they talk about Propecia all the time you can you tube episodes. And if you take Propecia, dont take generics!! Keep hearing bad things go Propecia or proscar and cut em that saves cash

Yea, I been trying the natural stuff too. I been using Rogaine for 5 years too. Had amazing results for 3 years, but now it's going downhill.

You cut Propecia in half? Did you start doing this from the beginning or only after you saw those initial sides?

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea, I been trying the natural stuff too. I been using Rogaine for 5 years too. Had amazing results for 3 years, but now it's going downhill.

You cut Propecia in half? Did you start doing this from the beginning or only after you saw those initial sides?
No, i get brand name proscar its 5 mg. I cut them into fourths. Proscar is the original then they made "Propecia" which is just 1 mg proscar. My dr recommended brand name and proscar for the price. No real side effects, just my mind freaking out the first few days. I did have a lil ache in my lower stomach, and in testicle area off and on the first two weeks. It was mild tho and is now gone. Guess this is pretty common when you first start. Now i feel totally fine. Its day 23 now i think

- - - Updated - - -

Propecia is about 3 to 4 bucks a day for 1 mg dose. Proscar is about $1.20 a day for about 1 mg dose

tuff_jeans

Reaction score
I am apparently getting sides after 6 months, dunno if they will subside or not.
Still staying strong!

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am apparently getting sides after 6 months, dunno if they will subside or not.
Still staying strong!
that sucks man. Have you been thinking about it alot? I know When i first started i thought about every feeling in my body and could make myself not feel that good. Don't read all these "horror Stories" my dr takes it and he prescribed it to his own son at 19, hes 23 now. Its pretty safe for the major majority. The mind is very very powerful. I mean its possible... But think about it you were fine for 6 months. Your only suppressing 50% 60% of one type of dht. So our bodies can totally function. Idk just think positive. When you start worrying about sides push it out your mind. Talk to your dr. Don't try to get answers here about side effects. Also i was reading on one of the forums from 2003. Before Propecia madness. Such positive accounts everyone having good results, no sides. Now that that all this negative stuff is in everyones heads, it seems alot more people are having adverse reactions ??????? Stay positive and good luck !

br1

Reaction score
I have to agree on the mind being powerful. I've always been an anxious guy, and hypochondriac ( I think those 2 go together for most ppl ).. I was super stressed a few weeks ago, I went to the Dr (for another reason), my blood pressure was measured (150/60). Dr. didn't say anything.. I found kinda weird, it was always in the 120/60 range.. Started to freak out.. The coming days was hell.. Thoughts I was getting sick, "that could be a propecia reaction! off course." Short story, my pressure stayed at 180/80, 190/90 for a couple of weeks.. Till I got help from a psychologist, started to manage my anxiety (without any meds, just controlling the mind/thoughts). Measured my pressure several times in the past week, back to 120/60 mark...

Mind is powerful indeed. And the body answers its commands. If you notice some small thing, you can exacerbate it, A LOT.

Manow

Reaction score
I had sides for a week or two, was on the verge of quitting, but then my sides stopped and now have been smooth sailing for 2 years.

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have to agree on the mind being powerful. I've always been an anxious guy, and hypochondriac ( I think those 2 go together for most ppl ).. I was super stressed a few weeks ago, I went to the Dr (for another reason), my blood pressure was measured (150/60). Dr. didn't say anything.. I found kinda weird, it was always in the 120/60 range.. Started to freak out.. The coming days was hell.. Thoughts I was getting sick, "that could be a propecia reaction! off course." Short story, my pressure stayed at 180/80, 190/90 for a couple of weeks.. Till I got help from a psychologist, started to manage my anxiety (without any meds, just controlling the mind/thoughts). Measured my pressure several times in the past week, back to 120/60 mark...

Mind is powerful indeed. And the body answers its commands. If you notice some small thing, you can exacerbate it, A LOT.
im the same boat with the anxiety. Diagnosed with generalized anxiety with occasional panic attacks at 18 (34 now) . I Don't take meds either. So we know the power of the mind! Its crazy how it can make you feel

- - - Updated - - -

I had sides for a week or two, was on the verge of quitting, but then my sides stopped and now have been smooth sailing for 2 years.
i did too a lil first couple weeks off and on. Alot i manifested in my mind and no sexual sides but i did have some testicle pain (mild ) and in my lower stomach area off and on felt like blue balls lol and it could have been just been that lol but yeah now i feel great and my Hair is starting to improve only 1 month in

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update ; well i just got out of the shower and dried my Hair and... Wow holy sh#t Propecia is working already! My Hair looks fuller, darker, and healthier overall. Its only been 4 weeks. This is amazing. Just Wow can only imagine how much more it will improve in the next 6 months. There is hope guys! And no sexual sides to boot

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately (or fortunately), I am considering hopping on.

Do you fellas reccomend I start off with 0.25 everyday and up it to 0.50mg everyday?

I guess what i'm trying to ask is...how little of this stuff shoudl I have in my body to have the most effect. (I am also on S5 topical cream, but it's doing very minimal stuff)

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunately (or fortunately), I am considering hopping on.

Do you fellas reccomend I start off with 0.25 everyday and up it to 0.50mg everyday?

I guess what i'm trying to ask is...how little of this stuff shoudl I have in my body to have the most effect. (I am also on S5 topical cream, but it's doing very minimal stuff)
id start at .5 and move up to the recommended 1 mg if your worried about sides. But if you go into it thinking your gonna have sides you most likely will. This drug is very mental unfortunately bc of all the horror stories its in our minds. I have an anxiety disorder, and sometimes i freak out about taking it. I have no sexual sides and feel great. But i have anxiety over it . It sucks but i know my mind can make me sick. I wish i never read all the negative stuff. I think id feel 100 % perfect right now if i never had

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
Low libido before taking finasteride?

Hey!

New here, but been reading on and off for two years now, 23 yrs atm.

I got finasteride from my Doctor a cople of months ago and thinking about taking it. But what scares me is that i already have a low libido and not having morning erections every morning (not as hard as they used to be either). I pretty sure the main cause is my anxiety. I'm not happy with my life at the moment and the main reason is my hair. It's like i don't want do start doing anything before i make my mind up on how i'm going to do with my issue. Anyway, even though i think the hair is causing my low libido i'm affraid that finasteride will make things worse. I know how strong the anxiety feelings are and even though you may think its just your mind, when you fall down the spiral it becomes reality and is hard to deal with. Basically i'm wondering if it's fine to take finasteride anyway?

I've searched alot to find someone with the same thoughts and im suprised i havent found anything. I mean, so many people are thinking about taking finasteride and actually takes it, no one seems to consider their libido before taking it. Low libido isnt that uncommon and has many reasons.

Sorry if my english is hard to understand.