Dont quite Propecia to early

br1

Reaction score
Take this.. I started taking finasteride around 15yrs ago, back then I did not know what were the sides of it. Just knew it was a new drug to treat baldness and I thought it was great I was taking it like a vitamin tablet. If I had any sides during that time, it was something that did not really bothered me...

Libido wise, never affected me. But I am kinda pervert, so who knows.. One thing I noticed for sure, but could only tell AFTER I quit finasteride, is that orgasms are so much more intense WITHOUT finasteride... But this intensity was being diminished over the years, I could never tell the difference - just when I quit it and had the strongest orgasm over the last decade, was crazy..

Anyways, I also suffer from anxiety. And I'm pretty much sure I am hypochondriac - so google **** is a no no for me, as I start to develop every single side effect I read about. And I know what you mean, because my imaginary sides get VERY REAL - physically speaking.. So one tip: stop the googling **** !!

One thing for sure, millions of people take it. Only who got problems or is afraid, come to forums to complain.. And a good portion, is attributing every single thing condition they have to finasteride...

I might get back on finasteride, not sure yet, I'm in a break right now. But If I do, I'll also start doing annual check-ups (including a hormonal panel) to monitor things.

By the end of the day, it's a personal decision. Nobody can decide that for you - though the more info you have, may be better to make your mind up.

Good luck.

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
I guess you aswered my question? Well thanks for the answer in that case. But what about having low libido before taking finasteride?

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess you aswered my question? Well thanks for the answer in that case. But what about having low libido before taking finasteride?
im not sure about that. But if its anxiety causing it i dont think Propecia would hurt. But you might have more anxiety about Propecia and therefore affect it. My dr told me less than 1% of his patients have these sides and he himself takes it, for 16 yrs. He s obviously done well on it. Dont know if that helps