Don't Be Delusional, There Won't Be Anything Better For The Next 30 Years. Deal With It.

How long until anything better (treatment, cure...) comes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

arnob

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is the big 3 guys I've heard so much about it and what are the benefits and non benefits of the big 3

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is the big 3 guys I've heard so much about it and what are the benefits and non benefits of the big 3

The 'big 3' are the officially recognized hair loss treatments on the market. Finasteride, Minoxidil, and Ketoconazole shampoo.

arnob

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The 'big 3' are the officially recognized hair loss treatments on the market. Finasteride, Minoxidil, and Ketoconazole shampoo.
Thank you man sorry im such a noob lol I bought Nizorol shampoo and finasteride so is minoxidil essential too im a diffuse thinner hair has diffused greatly on top but hairline is great

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem I can never figure out is a year goes by and it's still 5 years away. I'm really sure the math teacher said 5 - 1 = 4. But there's always the possibility I spent more time looking at her T&A then the chalkboard. /-:
Hair loss cure math is more complex than calculus

Wispy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well looks like the 2022 guys might be shafted, let's hope the 2027 guys aren't.

Man, time flies.

Chads don't bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For anyone like me who's still NW1-1.5 our best bet is to hope for Samumed + finasteride for maintenance until a real cure like Stemson comes along. It may take 5-10 years or possibly more so another maintenance drug is needed.

Wispy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not true, SM could be approved in 2021/2022. Waiting on phase 3 data.

I'm always optimistic. I'm Norwood...3A something. Blows. But I just shave and have a little muscle and keep my face from being puffy, but eh. Would be nice just to have a proper NW3.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Very promising.
In all likelihood this drug will be released in the next 12-18 months in Turkey barring some serious health concerns found in the study. It's more so whether or not it will be worth using.

I could be wrong but with the regulatory hurdle lower in Turkey then in the USA and the money already spent on trials, they may push it to some sort of commercial release regardless so long as it has a statistically significant clinical benefit.

Gegen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What serious health concerns?
As it modulates Wnts, SM04554 could hypotetically cause cancer. But it's not sure at all and we need the study results to say if there is a risk or not. Also, everything can cause cancer, the big question is : at what dosage ? It's the dose that makes the poison.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
What serious health concerns?
I mean unless there are revealed to be serious side effects during the trial. So far there have been none but the last study was 90 days. This one is longer and side effects after a year of use should be well documented.

Frenchboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
"The average time from FDA application to approval of drugs is 12 years, and the estimated average cost of taking a new drug from concept to market exceeds $1 billion."(1)

1.Van Norman, G. A. (2016). Drugs, devices, and the FDA: part 1: an overview of approval processes for drugs. JACC: Basic to Translational Science, 1(3), 170-179.
And how do you explain that the Winlevi have been approved « so quickly » ?

There are thousands of parameters that the biology apprentices like us can’t understand about the approval. I guess this is related about the complexity of a drug and which kind of disease it affects.

Frenchboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Acne medication....

And so ? Whatever. It stays a FDA approval. I use it as an exemple cause i’m not familiar with all this world as a doctor can be and this is the only recent medication i know, i’m just like a lot of people of this forum : reading studies, learning from each others and from the experiences, asking some doctors...