Don't Be Delusional, There Won't Be Anything Better For The Next 30 Years. Deal With It.

How long until anything better (treatment, cure...) comes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...g-to-stop-this-f*****g-minutarization.112335/
f***, the years just pass by while we log in here from time to time to check if there are new updates, it feels like the odyssey where penelope waits for ulysses to finally come back home , the hair loss world is brutal
Ive been lurking here since 2015 when I was f*****g 20 years old.... Absolutely nothing since then....

Trauma

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe Stemson Therapeutics' Alexey Terskikh in 5-10 years, he seems pretty determined

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe Stemson Therapeutics' Alexey Terskikh in 5-10 years, he seems pretty determined
Maybe, yea maybe. And maybe martians will take over the earth. I mean maybe anything is possible.

Trauma

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe, yea maybe. And maybe martians will take over the earth. I mean maybe anything is possible.

I know, we’re all deflated by the whole ordeal. Hair loss should’ve been cured years ago. But here we are at the 2nd half of 2019 and still there’s nothing but the same old sh*t. I’ve been lurking here since 2016, only signed up this year but I’m not naive trust me. I just try to look to the future with a hopeful optimistic view because my diffuse scalp won’t benefit from a shitty transplant when even my Donor area is thinning. The only thing that could restore me to my former glory at this point is a new breakthrough.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know, we’re all deflated by the whole ordeal. Hair loss should’ve been cured years ago. But here we are at the 2nd half of 2019 and still there’s nothing but the same old sh*t. I’ve been lurking here since 2016, only signed up this year but I’m not naive trust me. I just try to look to the future with a hopeful optimistic view because my diffuse scalp won’t benefit from a shitty transplant when even my Donor area is thinning. The only thing that could restore me to my former glory at this point is a new breakthrough.
Better start getting on a supplement regimen dermaroll and hitting that minoxidil..

morpheus29

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't usually comment, but I'll get involved in this.

1.You cannot transpose history onto the now, this means just because a cure hasn't been found in the previous 20 years has NO bearing on one being found in the future

2.There is a thing called punctuated equilibrium, it means that progress moves along slowly....until it doesn't. We went from no cars to flight to the moon in less than 60 years, I'm pretty sure we can cure balding

3.What people don't realize is that there are technologies that are game changers that come online, the internet, the computer and smartphones ar ea few recent examples, quantum computers will be the next phase

And finally, the people projecting their own dejected and negative thoughts on the cure will offer you no apology if a cure does come out, theyr'e just butthurt about things, they are not looking to be "rational" or make "valid extrapolations" based on data, they are just venting.

topicalthunder

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m not sure we will ever have a real “cure” as such in our lifetimes, but I’d happily take a treatment that works. We’ve got treatments coming soon that work the same if not better than finasteride without the side effects, or reduced side effects.

This is a huge leap in progress, and once it is fully understood how these treatments work, only better ones will come. We might move from a treatment you have to take every day, to one you have to take every week, then one every month, and so on. I’d take any of them as progress.

Baby steps is key here!

If you think about how much progress has been made in the last 10 years, we’ve actually come quite far.

SMP is getting very good. FUE transplants are looking better than ever and are more successful. We’ve got 1 new product past phase 3 and marketing application submitted (admittedly it is only topical finasteride, however this is an important step). We’ve got 2 other products in phase 3.

Quite frankly there’s never been a better time to lose hair... with the world carrying on as it is, and becoming more “looks-focused”, it is estimated the cosmetic market is going to at least triple in value within the next 5 years and that won’t stop.

Where there’s money to be made, plenty of people will be looking to cash in.

Last edited:

JohnP

My Regimen
Reaction score
SMP is getting very good. FUE transplants are looking better than ever and are more successful. We’ve got 1 new product past phase 3 and marketing application submitted (admittedly it is only topical finasteride, however this is an important step). We’ve got 2 other products in phase 3.

While topical finasteride does seem promising with regards to reduced systemic side effects Almirall has only submitted for EU FDA approval which should hopefully be by the end of this year meaning you’ll have to find somewhere to order it online and hope it’s legit, no North America FDA approval filling which means another 1-2 years to make it available in the USA. Cassiopea is coming out with Breezula a 7.5% topical anti androgen solution but not for another 1-2 years however their 1% acne cream (which is exactly the same as Breezula in a lower dose) should be approved in the USA by the end of this year, even at 1% twice a day it should have some benefits at the very least maybe helping to maintain with very limited regrow until the higher does is approved.

morpheus29

My Regimen
Reaction score
What's wrong with venting?
There is absolutely nothing we can expect at the moment.
Having unrealistic hopes is worse than venting, imho.

Expect based on what? Are you in the medical field? Do you know the totality of what is going on and how it interacts with one another?

You guys think in a linear fashion, i.e those working on hair loss directly can be the only ones that come up with it, what you don't factor in is cross pollination where someone in another field already has the answer and thanks to the popularity of hair loss topics, they stumble upon videos and then put 2 and 2 together to cure hair loss.

And unrealistic based on what? You do realize hair loss is a problem until it isn't, i.e it can be theoretically cured tomorrow, what will the pessimists say then? Are you gonna apologize or something?

You guys are just projecting your negative beliefs onto the world, they are not at all based on:
1.Knowledge of the medical field
2.Knowledge of how innovation works
3.Knowledge of underlying principles at play

They should be taken no more seriously than someone who claims he is going to cure it in a few weeks, it's just the polar opposite of the best case scenario via the worst case scenario.

topicalthunder

My Regimen
Reaction score
While topical finasteride does seem promising with regards to reduced systemic side effects Almirall has only submitted for EU FDA approval which should hopefully be by the end of this year meaning you’ll have to find somewhere to order it online and hope it’s legit, no North America FDA approval filling which means another 1-2 years to make it available in the USA. Cassiopea is coming out with Breezula a 7.5% topical anti androgen solution but not for another 1-2 years however their 1% acne cream (which is exactly the same as Breezula in a lower dose) should be approved in the USA by the end of this year, even at 1% twice a day it should have some benefits at the very least maybe helping to maintain with very limited regrow until the higher does is approved.

Luckily I live in the UK, so can benefit from the topical finasteride if/when it gets released. Still a big if.

For breezula, there’s also the possibility of pharmacies creating a 7.5% version for you before it’s official release, just like they create topical finasteride currently even though it’s not been approved. I have faith!

What I’m trying to say is that research hasn’t stopped, and it won’t stop until there are no longer any bald people on earth. There’s always a market for any baldness treatment. It’s huge business.

Goodsend

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used topical finasteride (from Parati) for 2 years and had to stop recently because I got crazy side effect very similar to the ones of oral finasteride. I'm talking about dementia like symptoms (very bad brain fog) and some sexual symptoms (mild...but were also mild on oral finasteride for me). The side effects are still present to this day.

There is no cure yet, our only hope is Hair Clone works so in one year we can at least save miniaturized hair and stop our baldness. That, along with an hair transplant can cure many of us who are up to NW3 maybe NW4 if the donor area is big.

Dimmer97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know of kerastem, they seem to be also moving towards phase 3 trials.

MrClean1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does this guy realize that follica is in phase 3? Lol or that Sheseido is in the equivalence to phase 3? Or that topical finasteride is in phase 3? Or that 6 different legit companies have entered the hair regeneration field since I joined this form (in 2015)?

Get out of here lol. Times are changing for the better. We won't have a cure, but there will be something better in the next 3 years

Well that went by fast. A post from 2017.

morpheus29

My Regimen
Reaction score
You were registered here under a different user-name, once.... a while back.

You wrote that we would be immortal within the next 10 years because of exponential progress.... *lol*

Great argument lmao.

I know in your mind you think it is, but you know the hilarious thing?

This can literally be true and have no bearing on whether or not I'm right in this case.

And yeah, immortality cure=baldness cure

morpheus29

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I am a dermatologist.
There is nothing solid to expect, except maybe for Glascoterone.
No miracles, pal.
When I see dense hair on previously bare scalp, then we shall talk.
Until then hushing vent-ors is lamer than venting itself.

And? You being a dermatologist means what? It means nothing.

Unless you know how innovation works, you're directly involved in medical research and have a good history of making future predictions, your words are meaningless.

Yeah dude, you're not lame because you take the opposite position of me, you'd be the same sort of person laughing at the notion of cars, planes and rocket ships.

HAIRGOAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used topical finasteride (from Parati) for 2 years and had to stop recently because I got crazy side effect very similar to the ones of oral finasteride. I'm talking about dementia like symptoms (very bad brain fog) and some sexual symptoms (mild...but were also mild on oral finasteride for me). The side effects are still present to this day.

There is no cure yet, our only hope is Hair Clone works so in one year we can at least save miniaturized hair and stop our baldness. That, along with an hair transplant can cure many of us who are up to NW3 maybe NW4 if the donor area is big.
I use the topical and oral and im fine i think.....

Janko

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well that went by fast. A post from 2017.
Those 3 years were kind of overly optimistic. There was only the brotzu hype, histogen who was already dead, but people believed in 2018 release in Mexico, shiseido, that until today showed nothing and follica who at that time was already known to be specialized needling with minoxidil. Some people (nameless) even expected Samumed already in 2016 even though it was a new technology. There are a lot of companies right now pushing further and only thing we can realistically expect is, that till 2023 we will know if they are worth anything. Follicum, Samumed, CB, Hair Clone, Way, Rivertown etc. There is more to keep an eye on in this new decade than the previous. That does not mean, that we will have something in 3 years, but the chances are higher.