Does Your Final Norwood Show Early On?

db135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have read recently that when hair starts to thin the final pattern will show fairly quickly.

For example if someone is thinning in a nw4 pattern but the rest is solid then that is his final pattern.

Or could thinning spread to other areas at a later date?

Thanks

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nobody knows tbh. Hairloss could even progress after pattern is shown. I hardly seen a diffuser that stops at NW4. Most of the time, they stop at 6 or 7.

db135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nobody knows tbh. Hairloss could even progress after pattern is shown. I hardly seen a diffuser that stops at NW4. Most of the time, they stop at 6 or 7.

So even someone diffusing in the temple area, behind the hairline probably mean his whole head will probably follow?

Thanks

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
From what I have read online your final Norwood pattern is best estimated( not set in stone) between ages 35 to 50. Your genetics will dictate the final Norwood but just remember if you treat hair loss with medications like Propecia and minoxidil, you can offset the timeline you will actually reach your final Norwood destination. Medications offset the timeline. The longer you can slow hair loss, the longer it will take to reach your final Norwood.

db135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I have read online your final Norwood pattern is best estimated( not set in stone) between ages 35 to 50. Your genetics will dictate the final Norwood but just remember if you treat hair loss with medications like Propecia and minoxidil, you can offset the timeline you will actually reach your final Norwood destination. Medications offset the timeline. The longer you can slow hair loss, the longer it will take to reach your final Norwood.

I read in a couple of places that if you begin thinning you can buzz your hair and you should see where you are going to go bald.

My temples have thinned inwards over the past few years (mainly on the left) but my crown vertex and centre forelock show no evidence of thinning. Currently 34

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I read in a couple of places that if you begin thinning you can buzz your hair and you should see where you are going to go bald.

My temples have thinned inwards over the past few years (mainly on the left) but my crown vertex and centre forelock show no evidence of thinning. Currently 34
Dr Greco, who is regarded as one of the biggest experts on PRP, said if you wet your hair and see thinning in some areas, you can estimate that you will thin out in those areas within 5 years but if you aggressive use treatments, it could reverse or prolong loss even more.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
If the treatments work. Otherwise you’re bald and fucked no matter when it starts.