Does Toppik And Other Concealers Have Any Side Effects?

The Bronx

Reaction score
Does it make hairloss matters worse?

From googling I read that the chemicals in Toppik can damage your health/breathing. Any truth to that?

Chromedome1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Toppik (and probably a handful of other concealers) contains ammonium chloride, which yes is something you definitely do not want to ingest or get inside your body. That said, unless you're allergic or are sprinkling Toppik in your food like pepper, you should be fine. Caboki is completely natural and doesn't contain any harmful chemicals.

bullit

Reaction score
Other than a messy pillow, messier bathroom and a need to shower at least one extra time a day I had no ill effects in the time I used it. Great product in my opinion - made an amazing difference for me

jasonstatham

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Other than a messy pillow, messier bathroom and a need to shower at least one extra time a day I had no ill effects in the time I used it. Great product in my opinion - made an amazing difference for me

Messy pillow? How much kg do you put on your head? I was concerned with Toppik at first but this sh*t is top notch (just pricy). I have slept with Toppik on on friends couches, girlfriends etc and have seen 0 Toppik on the bed or couch. If you use Toppik, just spray a little hairspray on it. Done. And dont use too much it looks bad. But what I have to admit is, your bathroom looks messy lol. This sh*t goes anywhere and I have to clean a lot. Im also sure that I breathe in a lot of this Fibre but whats the other options we have unless balding?

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm going to back that up, messy pillow, mine looks like a dirty protest with Toppik/Nano any of them, Using expensive hairspray, or their own highly priced 'locking' spray, which let me tell you smells like a real dirty protest. It's absolutely foul. Cannot believe they let that stuff out.