does this look like diffuse thinning?

kerzyguy

Established Member
Reaction score
i recently buzzed my head down to level 0 and its growing in, im just wondering if it looks like its thinning or is it just because its short, everyone reassures me its just the length and the way my hair goes and that when it is longer is completly fine... but i dont want to kid myself on something, i never saw any kind of thinning when my hair is longer and i didnt have any shedding either, so im wondering if it looks like thinning or do you agree its just the length

Attachments

• P1020870.JPG
    P1020870.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 251
  • P1020865.JPG
    P1020865.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 234

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You might want to lock up all the knives in your house because I'm pretty sure whoever you live with is going to STAB you if you ask them about your hair one more time.

I want to stab you, but due to technological constraints that is currently impossible.

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
lol

Why are you on this forum? :p

Jk, but seriously, unless you're under 20, you will most likely lose no more than 10% of your hair on top throughout your entire life, without treatment of course.

And if you don't have any relatives with the gene, you might as well stop worrying.

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
Ah...cut him some slack.

I think it's the slight crownal scalp showing that slightly scares him, but it's nothing to fear. You have straight, thick hair that has been cut short. As a result your crownal hair will stick up and not cover your scalp, which is why that little much of scalp is showing.

It's not thinning, not at all....maybe .00001%, but again nothing to be concerned about.

*chokes kerzyguy*

kerzyguy

Established Member
Reaction score
GGXX said:
Ah...cut him some slack.

I think it's the slight crownal scalp showing that slightly scares him, but it's nothing to fear. You have straight, thick hair that has been cut short. As a result your crownal hair will stick up and not cover your scalp, which is why that little much of scalp is showing.

It's not thinning, not at all....maybe .00001%, but again nothing to be concerned about.

*chokes kerzyguy*

k thank you (minus the choke), but thats all i wanted to know.

elvis123

Established Member
Reaction score
You are starting to thin....a little bit

but it won't be noticeable until maybe you are 26?

kerzyguy

Established Member
Reaction score
GGXX said:
Ah...cut him some slack.

*chokes kerzyguy*

is he correct? thats wht my friends and family are saying as well...and it didnt look thin when its at a reasonable length, i only have like 2-3 weeks of growth on there..the first pic was taken in normal lighting and the second was right next to a window.. if you guys just be honest about it i wont come back here anymore..promise.

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
Here's the thing.

Don't get on finasteride (safely, Merck's Propecia) until you are sure that somewhere on the top of your head, especially the crown, you are thinner than the back and side of your head because you may be wasting money on treatment you don't really need (or won't benefit you).

See if you have bald/balding relatives in your family (mom or dad side). If you have some, then you can GUESS that you will start to lose hair later on. I highly doubt you started losing hair yet. When you are sure that you are losing hair at the crown get a prescription for Propecia, but you'll have to get a prescription from a doctor. Hopefully said doctor will be able to notice miniaturization when they see it. From my personal experience female dermatologists know squat when it comes to male pattern baldness, sadly and it's quite pathetic to be honest. I have no suggestions for hair loss at the temples (that would be left and right side of the hairline) but I doubt that is a problem for you.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
If you keep worrying about it, eventually it is really going to happen. You have been promising us for the past two years the same thing. You will never change. You have BDD and it will always consume you even when you get it under control. As long as there are mirrors or cameras, you will always be concerned if you balding. So stop making promises you will never keep. You remind of the boy who cried wolf. Eventually, you will post a photo where you are actually balding.

amsch

Reaction score
Guess who's back.
Back again.
Kerzguy's back.
Tell a friend.

I gave you all the advices on the other topics. Damn!

ali777

Reaction score
YES, you are diffuse thinning :freaked2: !!!

If I were you, I'd give propecia a try. It might help with your diffuse thinning.

kerzyguy

Established Member
Reaction score
ok well, where do i start, what are the side effects of the stuff, will there be a shed if i go on meds, and if i ever decide to go off them will my "good" hair be ruined? and that shampoo thats supposed to help, would that be a good thing to start using before i try meds? you guys are the experts so help me out, i dont want to make up excuses, but i have been on long term antibiotics for over a year, and im thinking that COULD be causing that. but what do you guys think would be a good place to start treating it..

Attachments

• P1020901.JPG
    P1020901.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 133
  • P1020900.JPG
    P1020900.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 157
  • P1020903.JPG
    P1020903.JPG
    345.8 KB · Views: 118

amsch

Reaction score
kerzguy, those guys were being SARCASTIC.

Damn, if you really go on med's now... lol, JUST lol.

vipergts

Established Member
Reaction score
Early diffuse thinning. Your scalp is way too visible for your age. Is that a number 3 or 4. Yor scalp should not show at all. Get on BIG 3 ASAP! Consultation with a good hair transplant surgeon wouldn't be a bad idea either! GOOD LUCK! YOU NEED TO TAKE ACTION ASAP!

amsch

Reaction score
vipergts said:
Early diffuse thinning. Your scalp is way too visible for your age. Is that a number 3 or 4. Yor scalp should not show at all. Get on BIG 3 ASAP! Consultation with a good hair transplant surgeon wouldn't be a bad idea either! GOOD LUCK! YOU NEED TO TAKE ACTION ASAP!

lol. :woot:

Guys please stop doing this, you'll never know if kerzguymight really belive you ;) (kerzguy, those guys are being SARCASTIC = NOT SERIOUS!)

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't understand how someone with hair like that has almost 200 posts.

I know it's cold outside but get out of the house more and enjoy life!

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
kerzyguy said:
GGXX said:
Ah...cut him some slack.

*chokes kerzyguy*

is he correct? thats wht my friends and family are saying as well...and it didnt look thin when its at a reasonable length, i only have like 2-3 weeks of growth on there..the first pic was taken in normal lighting and the second was right next to a window.. if you guys just be honest about it i wont come back here anymore..promise.

There's no way that's 2-3 weeks of growth from a 0 guard. If that were true, you'd have hair down to your *** by April.
Who's the dude in your avatar?
And the people telling you to go away and not come back... they're right. You said you have no baldness in your family... You have a full head of hair... What is going on here? You have nothing else to worry about at all? Do you have zits? Are you short? Fat? Little dick? Anything to take your mind off a problem that DOES NOT EXIST.