Does the glue destroy your scalp?

qztwn

Reaction score
I have seen some videos on youtube where the scalp seems thick and patchy. Does application of glue over a long time make your scalp like that? Is there a way to avoid that like maybe applying the glue only on the borders and not the entire area of your scalp?

hhaaiirr

Reaction score
From what I read there's no really danger in using glue (Though I'm no chemist, so you should definitely pay close attention to your scalp when you wear) . It's more healthy for your scalp if you attach/detach weekly (and as a result apply less glue given you don't want a longer bond). Using a scalp protector would also be a good idea if you're concerned about your scalp condition.

Noah

Reaction score
I have been doing this for 4 years now with no ill-effects. My scalp is in good condition. I only use water-based glues soluble with alcohol though; not the acrylic 4-weeks-at-a-time glues that Hairclub use. I don't think the glues I use are any harsher than hairgels and sprays really. Probably less harsh than hair dye.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I have been doing this for 4 years now with no ill-effects. My scalp is in good condition. I only use water-based glues soluble with alcohol though; not the acrylic 4-weeks-at-a-time glues that Hairclub use. I don't think the glues I use are any harsher than hairgels and sprays really. Probably less harsh than hair dye.
water based adhesives are acrylic copolymers solved in water. and when the water evaporates the glue has formed

http://www.hairdirect.com/store/ghost-bond-adhesive-1-3oz.aspx

what's actually concerning is the absorption of acrylate to the systemic circulation and how that damages the health

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I use the popular ones and I have noticed no ill effects in the years I have been wearing.
You can also get knocked over crossing a road

Lea Smith

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are not using the proper solution that is certain. I've been using hair glue from prohairlabs.com for a year now and I don't think its that bad.