Does surgery help to boost your selfesteem?

Stefanovic

Reaction score
I have a receding hairline and would also need an eyelash transplant. Over the last couple of years I've seen some therapists. Some start talking to you like: you're so worth it and people looking better are not worth more than you.
Others ( and those ones are good) ask you questions like: what would it mean to you? What would it change for you?
Honestly I think it would change a lot. I've tried to be cool with it, tried to deal with it but in the end it will never give me the selfesteem I need to go through life and say: hey, I'm proud of who I am.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's what therapists do: they try to convince you that everything's alright and that it's all in your head. Then they usually try to prescribe anti-depressants to flatten your feelings even further. I said that I don't need anti-depressants 'cause the flaws and **** that I deal with are NOT IN MY HEAD, they're very much REAL. It isn't my fault that ppl treat me differently when they realize I have a speech impediment or that I'm balding and have pimples, flaking and bad skin. What good would meds do? I am not imagining this ****...

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's what therapists do: they try to convince you that everything's alright and that it's all in your head. Then they usually try to prescribe anti-depressants to flatten your feelings even further. I said that I don't need anti-depressants 'cause the flaws and **** that I deal with are NOT IN MY HEAD, they're very much REAL. It isn't my fault that ppl treat me differently when they realize I have a speech impediment or that I'm balding and have pimples, flaking and bad skin. What good would meds do? I am not imagining this ****...

how about medicinal marijuana??????? heh hehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

Am I Too Pate

Reaction score
Maxwell Maltz

Does anyone else find swingline747's posts addictive? I'm starting to read every post he's written. Starting to wonder if I'm being hypnotised by the pair of rhythmically swaying boobs at the bottom of his posts. Lol ... Stefanovic, your question stirred memories of a book I read about 20 years ago by Maxwell Maltz, called Psych-Cybernetics. If I recall the gist of it he was an American cosmetic surgeon who consistently noticed miraculous changes in people's happiness, behaviours and ability to accomplish their goals following some cosmetic procedure or other that he'd completed for them (nose, boobs - there I go thinking about swingline again, cheeks, etc.). That observation was enough to turn him from being a surgeon to someone who focused on making similar changes through altering the way people thought. That's not a recommendation for the book - you're talking about a different outcome here I think - but the link between appearance, self-esteem and quality of life is very real.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

I cant recall if I have asked this before, but have you see a speech therapist?

Have you had girlfriends, GHG?

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone else find swingline747's posts addictive? I'm starting to read every post he's written. Starting to wonder if I'm being hypnotised by the pair of rhythmically swaying boobs at the bottom of his posts. Lol ...

thanks just trying to keep some cynicism going to make the moods more humorous. Nothing wrong with being angry but trying to find some humor in our degradation.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Yes, in fact some people get addicted to the confidence they feel from getting results and then go overboard and turn into a barbie/ken doll.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Hi,Stefan,How old are you? Surgery is a subjective thing. It will always be an option for you if you choose to wait. I probably could have waited before I had mine. Yes at first the prospect of gaining more hair was exciting. Unfortunately I had unrealistic expectations thanks to my own ignorance at the time and naïve trust in my surgeon. He also neglected to recommend an alternative ie;minoxidil,finasteride. Apparently you are doing the necessary homework beforehand so that's a great start for you. Remember surgery is a last resort. Best Wishes!

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
with regards to hairloss it shouldnt take you long to go find the section on here for those who have been through it.

most seem 100% happier.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
+1 And most seem eager to share.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im scheduled for next tues. Its really stressful honestly but If I dont ballz out last minute youll get an answer..... well at least 6 months from next tuesday when it all starts coming in lol

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Are you really going for it, Swingline?

Yeah, fair play to the kid. Not a fan of a lot of his posts, mostly very negative towards bald people (but then, some of the actual bald people here are just as bad... if not worse!) at least Swingline is putting his money where his mouth is.

No point bitching relentlessly about baldness and its negative mental effects, while still doing nothing about it your whole life, when you have the disposable income sitting there in your bank account to pay for a good hair transplant or top notch hair system to make a positive aesthetic difference.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Congrats. on your decision. What's your procedure going to look like? Looking forward to some post-op follow ups from you. All the best success.

LBerg12

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, if it regrows your hair and you're insecure about your bald spots- it will definitely help with your insecurity