Does surgery help to boost your selfesteem?

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
That would be solid, Swingline. It would be cool to hear about it from a no-BS member.

WELL
So my setup was tomorrow but now we are expecting a foot of snow up here between then and thursday so now Im in contact with the Doctor on whether its beneficial to wait. I would prob be fine weds but I will need to spend the night into thursday because he has his patients come back the next day to clean and inspect everything.
So just waiting to hear if Im screwed or not.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
There is no surgery to restore a full head of hair to a bald man so why does this thread even exist?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
If that. We both know that transplanted hair won't be dense or very natural looking.

SurveenA4

Reaction score
Yes it is benefit. But it is long process. You have to be patience. It took a year. You must choose a good transplant center.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Again if yours or anyone's resolve to have surgery makes them feel better even for a short then go for it. We will all have a turn at being criticized however there is no greater critic than YOU; the eye of the beholder. Little else matters when it's your own shoes you're walking in:) In a perfect world we would all exercise realistic expectations in this particular action or any other for that matter. In a perfect world we would have a cure. I commend your decision Swing, I'm sure you've been pondering the pros and cons of hair transplant for a while now and apparently the pros won out. I also believe that your well-informed decision to bravely proceed with a hair transplant will be a " forward step" closer to your natural objective ; improved hair and a bit more peace of mind. Is your surgeon IAHRS recognized? Congratulations and all the best success.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Again if yours or anyone's resolve to have surgery makes them feel better even for a short then go for it. We will all have a turn at being criticized however there is no greater critic than YOU; the eye of the beholder. Little else matters when it's your own shoes you're walking in:) In a perfect world we would all exercise realistic expectations in this particular action or any other for that matter. In a perfect world we would have a cure. I commend your decision Swing, I'm sure you've been pondering the pros and cons of hair transplant for a while now and apparently the pros won out. I also believe that your well-informed decision to bravely proceed with a hair transplant will be a " forward step" closer to your natural objective ; improved hair and a bit more peace of mind. Is your surgeon IAHRS recognized? Congratulations and all the best success.

Thanks
Yes he is recognized.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Being depressed about baldness isn't in our head.. its in the head of society, similar to 'fat shaming'. Bald/balding men DO NOT get the same privileges in life as those with hair. Basic things like respect are thrown right out by social standards.

Essentially, its almost as if we don't belong to a community, which is a basic human need.

That said, psychiatrists that say its in our head are pretty fvcking stupid.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I support your intent toward consumer advocacy. For now my interest and/or involvement would be strictly passive, probably what you do not have in mind. However I can supply you w/ the name of one particular hair transplant surgeon I was a patient of who would never have a chair on any board whatsoever frankly if I had any say. Sadly too familiar a tale. Trust your instincts. Many of us would/could avoid a host of hassle(s) if we relied more on our natural God given intuition without a doubt our most overlooked and undermined better angel. All the best.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Fred, Would you mind telling me whether or not your hair loss (diffuse?) has stabilized because of your present regimen. Are you at all noticing increased density, volume, and coverage, and if so do you attribute any of your marked progress to your supplementary intake? You probably already answered these questions every which way til sunday? Your response is appreciated and I thank you in advance.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Do you have a projected date for the FUE procedure yet. Do you take any stock in Dr. Wesley's efforts at a scarless FUE procedure and /or his donor regeneration effort.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Thanx Fred, Keep sharing.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I tend to agree. I would be somewhat perplexed why Mr. Kobren would want to put his overall esteemed reputation under future scrutiny and fire if there were not something special coming from The Wesley camp. You've read from Artista and he doesn't come across as a sensationalist. Again we won't know it's not hype until the actual goods are delivered.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I tend to agree. I would be somewhat perplexed why Mr. Kobren would want to put his overall esteemed reputation under future scrutiny and fire if there were not something special coming from The Wesley camp. You've read from Artista and he doesn't come across as a sensationalist. Again we won't know it's not hype until the actual goods are delivered.

I also dont put much faith in Korben. I personally despise the*********'s site and think they are shills and sellouts.
Also understand ANYTHING new will be the "gold standard" in something.

I will say the guys I just went to said it will be more than a year before this comes to be. They said it with no malice and also think it could be huge when it does get perfected and that the guy is a GENIUS but right now the tools to actually do the procedure are not perfected and much to expensive to make the procedure competitive.
The acell regeneration thing you guys are looking at as well is NOT something only to this procedure but ANY procedure where you can inject acell.
Hypothetically you could inject ACELL into an FUE coring wound and should get the same results and acell at this point is still not concrete in effectiveness.

As for the scarring.... you are still getting the donors stamped into the new area of the head so its not like its scarless there, only in the donor area. The one thing that does sound very interesting is the lifespan of the follicle out of the body and all around hardiness.

Fred if you really hate your hair loss and have the income then go for it. Trust me I sat there an HOUR waiting to sign the paperwork questioning my decision. I dont regret it, I am honestly paranoid about a few things right now where it seems some of the new hairs have fallen out in one spot, this could be shock or could not. All around I have not "regretted" it tho.
You're a good looking guy, it sucks when you feel the ONE part that makes you less than hypothetically could be fixed but at quite a bit of stress.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Being depressed about baldness isn't in our head.. its in the head of society, similar to 'fat shaming'. Bald/balding men DO NOT get the same privileges in life as those with hair. Basic things like respect are thrown right out by social standards.

Essentially, its almost as if we don't belong to a community, which is a basic human need.

That said, psychiatrists that say its in our head are pretty fvcking stupid.

People WILL judge dude they WILL get you down but i was bullied to death WITH hair was i just a one off? you think life is all roses with hair?...you worried so much now its like you are paranoid...look at fred bald yet still gets the same stuff guys with hair apparently would have sure he may want to have hair but still...it IS in our head EVERYONE from all parts of life gets picked on its just we LOOK out for it when it happens to be something we have whats being picked on...when i worried i was paranoid "do people know im going bald" "will they take mick" *checks mirror or reflection over and over* when i stopped worrying i was good but like i said i have been picked on regardless so it dont matter...we dont get respect? dude what ARE you on?