Does Pfs Exist? What Are The Chances Of Getting It?

mattpat98

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is my first post here so sorry if im at the wrong thread. Im at the point where my hair is not bad but i need to take action now. I have heard people online say that finasteride ruined their life and also people who claim that finasteride was the best thing that happened to them. I just wanted to know what are the chances of getting it and if people here advise on doing so. I dont mind getting a limp dick for a couple of months but if its going to be for the rest of my life then that would really suck. I already went to one dermatologist and she told me that finasteride would lower my libido and i was to young for that (21 atm). Is finasteride worth it?

mattpat98

My Regimen
Reaction score
I already tried minoxidil and it didnt do sh*t. I just want to know if its worth the risk of taking finasteride. If the chances of getting it are lower than 1 % ill probably go for it

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is finasteride worth it?
Only you can (and should) answer that. Ppl can tell you every BS possible on earth. But if u do end up w/ years upon years if sexual sides (or any other bothersome sides) you will be alone in dealing with it and nobody will help you. So choose wisely. My understanding is that permanent sides are very rare but very real. Follow your doctor's advice and not some waco on the internet (including me).

mattpat98

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, you are right i will talk to my doctor about it and see what he thinks. Thanks for your help.

LosingHairLosingPatience

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Only you can (and should) answer that. Ppl can tell you every BS possible on earth. But if u do end up w/ years upon years if sexual sides (or any other bothersome sides) you will be alone in dealing with it and nobody will help you. So choose wisely. My understanding is that permanent sides are very rare but very real. Follow your doctor's advice and not some waco on the internet (including me).
Hell yeah, talked to my doctor and got PFS.

Charlie Foxtrot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is my first post here so sorry if im at the wrong thread. Im at the point where my hair is not bad but i need to take action now. I have heard people online say that finasteride ruined their life and also people who claim that finasteride was the best thing that happened to them. I just wanted to know what are the chances of getting it and if people here advise on doing so. I dont mind getting a limp dick for a couple of months but if its going to be for the rest of my life then that would really suck. I already went to one dermatologist and she told me that finasteride would lower my libido and i was to young for that (21 atm). Is finasteride worth it?
It all depends on how important your hair is to you mate, only by knowing that you can ask yourself if it’s worth it/the risk. Of course I don’t know how severe your loss is, but if you’re not that bothered with losing (all) your hair at some point then I would not touch it if I were you. Though if your hair is really important to you then you got some thinking to do.

Like @Manochoice said, you got to answer it for yourself and try not to give in to the positive and negative stories of others too much.

Hair_doc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've prescribed it at doses up to 5mg for my geriatric patients, and I have yet to hear anything about side effects. This is a fascinating phenomenon, I think the medication may affect a small subset of men negatively, but I have a strong suspicion PFS is nothing more than nocebo effect combined with anxiety. Browsing Propecia help .com and seeing guys claiming to get PFS from topicals like Rogaine or herbs like Saw Palmetto harms the legitimacy of their claims. I wouldn't personally take it, I'd rather be a bald buff guy, but I believe PFS happens to individuals prone to anxiety and psychosomatic.

INT

Reaction score
I've prescribed it at doses up to 5mg for my geriatric patients, and I have yet to hear anything about side effects. This is a fascinating phenomenon, I think the medication may affect a small subset of men negatively, but I have a strong suspicion PFS is nothing more than nocebo effect combined with anxiety. Browsing Propecia help .com and seeing guys claiming to get PFS from topicals like Rogaine or herbs like Saw Palmetto harms the legitimacy of their claims. I wouldn't personally take it, I'd rather be a bald buff guy, but I believe PFS happens to individuals prone to anxiety and psychosomatic.

I got PFS, have never been psychomatic or anxious and didn't even believe in side effects of finasteride. Even after I got my crash it took me some time to realize it was the finasteride.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do think there is a difference between guys in their 20s and huys in their 60s though, right? A difference in expectations, in the way benefits v.s. risks are precieved and, of course, the main reason these two age categories are taking this drug: the older men usually take to improve their physical health while younger men take it improve their (and society's) perception. Also, can a nocebo effect go as far as some PFS sufferers claim?

Hair_doc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do think there is a difference between guys in their 20s and huys in their 60s though, right? A difference in expectations, in the way benefits v.s. risks are precieved and, of course, the main reason these two age categories are taking this drug: the older men usually take to improve their physical health while younger men take it improve their (and society's) perception. Also, can a nocebo effect go as far as some PFS sufferers claim?

I've heard some users claim that the geriatric population already has a lowered libido due to age so they would be less likely to report sexual side effects. You have to wonder why we don't hear PFS among men with prostate issues that take 5mg of the medication compared to 1mg for balding patients. Every patient I've had on this drug, whether I have prescribed it or another provider has, I've asked to tell me their experience, I have yet to run into a PFS guy, I know they are out there, but the cohort is incredibly small. I am no fan of any drug that interfered with hormones, and some men may be affected by the reduction in DHT, but I have a hard time wrapping my brain around persistent side effects upon cessation of the medication with no logical pharmacokinetics on why it would cause persistent sides. I believe the fear of "not returning to normal" is what perpetuates the sides; anxiety can be debilitating.

Saw Palmetto had been used for hundreds of years without any issues until we found it can (albeit not very effectively at all) interfered with conversion to DHT then all of the sudden users claim it gave them PFS. Also, users have reported getting PFS from Rogaine; this should start to paint a picture of the etiology of the phenomenon.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've heard some users claim that the geriatric population already has a lowered libido due to age so they would be less likely to report sexual side effects. You have to wonder why we don't hear PFS among men with prostate issues that take 5mg of the medication compared to 1mg for balding patients. Every patient I've had on this drug, whether I have prescribed it or another provider has, I've asked to tell me their experience, I have yet to run into a PFS guy, I know they are out there, but the cohort is incredibly small. I am no fan of any drug that interfered with hormones, and some men may be affected by the reduction in DHT, but I have a hard time wrapping my brain around persistent side effects upon cessation of the medication with no logical pharmacokinetics on why it would cause persistent sides. I believe the fear of "not returning to normal" is what perpetuates the sides; anxiety can be debilitating.

Saw Palmetto had been used for hundreds of years without any issues until we found it can (albeit not very effectively at all) interfered with conversion to DHT then all of the sudden users claim it gave them PFS. Also, users have reported getting PFS from Rogaine; this should start to paint a picture of the etiology of the phenomenon.
I know the subject of this thread is PFS but PFS aside, do you believe this drug can have debilitating sides wether or not they go away with cessation of the treatment?

And you said you'd rather go bald than take anmedbfor it. Arenyou aftually experiencing hair loss? Otherwise this statement is worthless, you know that. Right?

Hair_doc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know the subject of this thread is PFS but PFS aside, do you believe this drug can have debilitating sides wether or not they go away with cessation of the treatment?

And you said you'd rather go bald than take anmedbfor it. Arenyou aftually experiencing hair loss? Otherwise this statement is worthless, you know that. Right?

I believe the drug can have side effects based on your genetic makeup, but they are so rare. Ultimately it's up to you whether you want to use it or not, some guys would instead go bald and work on fitness then chemically castrate themselves potentially.

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was like you that my hair isn't bad but I lost over 60% density on top of head from baseline being on finasteride for less than a year and now i'm 14+ months into finasteride with chronic Telogen Effluvium and situation not improvng...never had Telogen Effluvium in my life. I wish I never touched finasteride. I would highly suggest you try other treatments before finasteride. I wouldn't mind the sides if finasteride actually worked or at least maintained my hair but it didn't...it did the complete opposite! Before finasteride I wouldn't even think about hair transplant/fue until this drug screwed with my full head of hair.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was like you that my hair isn't bad but I lost over 60% density on top of head from baseline being on finasteride for less than a year and now i'm 14+ months into finasteride with chronic Telogen Effluvium and situation not improvng...never had Telogen Effluvium in my life. I wish I never touched finasteride. I would highly suggest you try other treatments before finasteride. I wouldn't mind the sides if finasteride actually worked or at least maintained my hair but it didn't...it did the complete opposite! Before finasteride I wouldn't even think about hair transplant/fue until this drug screwed with my full head of hair.
Did/do you have any sides?

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did/do you have any sides?
Yes but sides that I can overlook if finasteride helped me grow or at least maintain hair but it's done the complete opposite. I didn't have sides in beginning until 3-4 months into it...i was shooting out semen like a horse to hardly any to back to less than normal which is the current situation. brain fog why i took it at night, itchy burny scalp. broken capillaries veins and dry skin and the chronic or accelerated hair lost is what im dealing with at the moment....some say getting sides means the drug is working but it ain't working in improving my hairloss. i would always try to convince myself it will get better and its not bad as i cut my hair to hide the thinning from finasteride, but it got so bad i tapered off the drug to then quitting it for a short while and thats when the side really hit to low libido to hardly any ejaculation...it was pathetic but my hair improved and no itchy or burning scalp and skin became lil oily again like it used too...then i got back on drug again, and bam hair lost came back but my sex drive and ejaculation back to normal almost

Last edited: