Does Hairloss Always Come With Some Sort Of Scalp Issue? Sebum, Inflammation, Etc.?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Trying to figure this out. I have a pristine scalp, no itching, no sensation but my hair is thinning rapidly and the diffsion does have a pattern. I only take oral minoxidil and I’m considering an anti-androgen (topical Finasteride).

Anyone with a similar experience?

shookwun

Reaction score
hows your scalp laxity?

theres a theory behind balding mans scalps become tight and calcify.

I find scalp massages are essential, and is a good habit to get into while in the shower. Massage for a good 5-10 minutes a day

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
hows your scalp laxity?

theres a theory behind balding mans scalps become tight and calcify.

I find scalp massages are essential, and is a good habit to get into while in the shower. Massage for a good 5-10 minutes a day
@shookwun, he has a thyroid issue. His TSH is 5. The ideal TSH should be between 1.5 to 2. He is currently on no medication for his thyroid.
@bluecyclone did you have your TPO antibodies tested to see if you have Hashimoto's?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a thyroid sonagram Friday and have asked to get blood to check for antibodies.

I need a new endocrinologist. Current guy thought the 5.1 was ‘in range.’

Debating just starting back on the levolthyroxine. I still have an active Rx that keeps getting filled/sent but stopped taking it in June 2016 when the Telogen Effluvium hit.

Does thyroid impact quality of the hair or is just the DHT at work possibly amplified by the high TSH and low ferritin?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I had a thyroid sonagram Friday and have asked to get blood to check for antibodies.

I need a new endocrinologist. Current guy thought the 5.1 was ‘in range.’

Debating just starting back on the levolthyroxine. I still have an active Rx that keeps getting filled/sent but stopped taking it in June 2016 when the Telogen Effluvium hit.

Does thyroid impact quality of the hair or is just the DHT at work possibly amplified by the high TSH and low ferritin?
Yes, thyroid will impact your hair quality. So does you being 40. I told you this before, my started to really thin at the same age as yours. It happened very fast too.