Does finasteride increase hazard of type 2 diabetes?

lukedorian

Reaction score
Anything that acts in detriment of androgens will worsen insulin resistance and over time if sedentary life style will end up in DM

DominoEffect

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anything that acts in detriment of androgens will worsen insulin resistance and over time if sedentary life style will end up in DM
so youre saying finasteride can literally kill you overtime lmao. is dht THAT essential even if finasteride only gets rid of some of it

mariawotters

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe it is so. I also read a lot about it on the Internet. Regardless, this outlines why finasteride isn't a long-term solution and getting a hair transplant etc should be eventually sought. My friend was on finasteride for a while and now he has been diagnosed with diabetes. It is not certain that it is related to finasteride, but it is still necessary to be treated and I buy trulicity online for him. Sometimes I have to sit with him on his diet to cheer him up.

Last edited:

jakethesnakedr

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s for 5mg though which is extremely high dose.

Can you find a study with 1mg daily or EOD or even lower doses than that? I take 0.5mg every other day. Wonder what the risk factors with that.

Regardless, this outlines why finasteride isn’t a long term solution and getting a hair transplant etc should be eventually sought.
I think its because low dht is linked to diabetes. But high dht, is also linked to developing type 2 diabetes