does finasteride cause premature ageing of skin?

Pacho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

A role for the androgen receptor in collagen content of the skin​

Marina S Markova et al. J Invest Dermatol.2004 Dec.

Abstract​

Collagen, the major macromolecular component of skin, is responsible for maintaining the structural integrity of the tissue as well as for providing important functional characteristics, such as pliability and thickness. We have been studying the structure and regulation of collagen in mouse mutations affecting the skin. In the course of these studies, we found that there are significant differences in collagen content between the skin of wild-type male and female mice, which become evident at puberty. Furthermore, male mice with an X-linked mutation in the androgen receptor gene (formerly called testicular feminization and abbreviated as Ar(Tfm)) showed decreased levels of collagen, indicating that the androgen receptor pathway contributes to the observed differences. These findings demonstrate that there are striking differences in the collagen content of skin between male and female mice, and provide a biochemical explanation for these differences.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i think finasteride and dutasteride especially would do the opposite tbh androgens and dht seems to destroy collagen content in the face jus look at roiders and ho the age like sh*t. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/267353339_Treatment_of_Skin_Aging_with_Topical_Ethocyn doesn't look really scientific and well made but they made a topical dht bocker because they theorized tha dht could lead to elastin loss and fucks upskin quality so theorically dutasteride should be good for skin agin .... i'm just guessing

Janks16

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Take collagen pills and collagen cream. I noticed my wife's skin is better than it was 7 years ago. This stuff works. And it does make an impact with skin, nails and hair – primarily for women. I started using it last year just for my skin and it works. Noticed my nails grow much fasterl. But the collagen doesn't do anything for my hair, while my wife's hair is much thicker than before.

You can get prices on Amazon for this stuff.

Pacho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i think finasteride and dutasteride especially would do the opposite tbh androgens and dht seems to destroy collagen content in the face jus look at roiders and ho the age like sh*t. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/267353339_Treatment_of_Skin_Aging_with_Topical_Ethocyn doesn't look really scientific and well made but they made a topical dht bocker because they theorized tha dht could lead to elastin loss and fucks upskin quality so theorically dutasteride should be good for skin agin .... i'm just guessing
yes thats why i find so weard

is blocking dht maybe increasing the number of receptors?

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Take collagen pills and collagen cream. I noticed my wife's skin is better than it was 7 years ago. This stuff works. And it does make an impact with skin, nails and hair – primarily for women. I started using it last year just for my skin and it works. Noticed my nails grow much fasterl. But the collagen doesn't do anything for my hair, while my wife's hair is much thicker than before.

You can get prices on Amazon for this stuff.
Do you have specific links. There’s too much choice :p

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the best stuff on the market. I wouldn't bother with anything else said to boost collagen tbh. Collagen supplements in particular are a total waste of time. You just digest it and it does nothing for your skin, can't be absorbed orally.
Kind of what I thought too RE: collagen supplements.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the best stuff on the market. I wouldn't bother with anything else said to boost collagen tbh. Collagen supplements in particular are a total waste of time. You just digest it and it does nothing for your skin, can't be absorbed orally.
What about salon collagen creams applied topically? Thumbs up on retin-A for scalp, neck and face and even arms and hands which are horizontal enough to age similarly to the unshielded face. Baseball caps are sigh, actually useful to fight aging but in the olden days, men wore stylish hats that minimized the hair differences among XY's but I haven't a clue how they got top hats to stay on as I can't keep my Expos hat on while driving with the windows down.

A. Monteiro

My Regimen
Reaction score
Side effects:
When used by mouth, side effects include shortness of breath, headache, numbness, depression, skin dryness, itchiness, hair loss.
Hair loss
as a side effect, just the opposite of what we want!

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, I'm referring to tretinoin.
Well, just don't breathe any in. Drum roll, please....

It doesn't say what kind of hair loss plus Retin-A basically rejuvenates skin which is sort of Latin for to make younger again so I doubt that it causes loss of scalp hair cause it's been making my face lovely and I used it on my scar tissue....

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
twin-brothers-hair-loss.jpg

It doesn't appear to. If anything it appears to help.

hopeful24

Reaction score
Just use tretinoin and watch your face glow. Skin care exists

Does it work for under eye circles and bags under the eyes? Can you guys post a link to the ones you use. Thx.

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Does it work for under eye circles and bags under the eyes? Can you guys post a link to the ones you use. Thx.
No if anything it’s perfect for making your face skin more thick and look younger. It makes your skin cells turn over faster. .05% tretinoin works great but you might need to build up tolerance as it can irritate skin at first. Bags means you are not sleeping well.