Does DIM really inhibit DHT? And is the good estrogen it...

purecontrol

Established Member
Reaction score
1750 said:
I sent the following to Bulk Nutrition to find out about Epistane (read from the bottom regarding my email and then their response)
From the below it sounds like it will make hairloss worse or counteract what finasteride is doing -
Epistane has knocked out gyno completely by so many of my customers. Hence the reason it has jumped up so fast on the best seller list. It is a DHT-Testosterone that will increase test levels as well as block estrogen. You still would need to do a pct as it is a test product.

Thanks

On 9/24/07, wrote:
Hi There –
I have issues with Gyno brought on through Finasteride (a DHT inhibitor (5AR reductase inhibitor)).

I have naturally high testosterone and estrogen levels and Finasteride only exaggerates this issue and causes me gyno from high T to conversion and prolactin levels….

Will Epistane increase my testosterone? (I do not want this as despite it being an anti-estrogen I seem to get rebound effects when I stop using a product that elevates my testosterone - making my gyno worse…. Rebound Reloaded was not cool).

Nolvadex combined with AIFM, Yohimbe ES, Cabser and 2hrs of daily exercise has not worked very well for me and I'm hoping to maybe replace Nolvadex with Epistane…

Please advise so I can decide whether this product is right for me to purchase

Many thanks

I would just simply recomend a low dose of Arimidex, the good thing about Arimidex is that it will not completely knock out estrogen which you do not want to do no matter what.

Also did you get your prolactin levels tested? have you tried cabergoline, looks very promissing.

pgy3drz

Reaction score
I think that's just a hypothesis of yours. Again I'm asking you: can you back it up with scientific evidence?

It sure sounds to ME like you said that!!! :shock: Here is what you specifically said:

"Estrogens can be good or bad just like androgens can be good or bad."

Since this is all in the context of growing hair, and you've made a similar claim that estrogens can be "good or bad" for hair, why on earth would you also say that "androgens can be good or bad [just like estrogens]", if you weren't specifically referring to their effect on hair??

I think you've gone off the deep end with this "good estrogen, bad estrogen" silliness.

I don't usually take the time to make comments on blog's but this is a topic that I am willing to address. Sir, you simply do not know what you are talking about. Allow me to elucidate and point out you're ignorance with respect to pathophysiology.

1) No, damnit, finasteride for hairloss was NOT an "accidental discovery". It was an accidental discovery as were the effects of minoxidil on the nourishment of the hair follicle.

2) No, you do NOT have to use minoxidil and Retin-A at the same time. You do not have to take them at the same time but retinoic acid will help hasten, by means of increased vascularization at the capillaries, the absorption of minoxidil when taken together into the follicular root (bulb and papilla) yielding a more efficient uptake and improved results.

3) No, washing your skin does NOT make it produce more sebum. This is the statement of an undergrad. You clearly do not understand what the functions of the sebaceous glands are. I am not going to waste my time explaining this one to you. Instead I would recommend you look at picture of how the skin is affected by those who take accutane and produce little sebum as a result. Sebum plays a pivotal role in the regulation of skin pH so your claim that washing your skin, mind you that soap changes the pH of the skin, do not have an effect on skin pH which sebum helps to regulate is atomic.

You ask for evidence that estrogen's and androgen's have been clinically shown in vivo and vitro to increase the growth rate of cancerous cells, which we all have in our bodies all the time, well I am telling you it does. My source is myself. I am a Medical Doctor. You can look me up and contact me if you so desire. http://www.healthgrades.com/physician/dr-timothy-bucci-ytjcb