Does dermmatch make your hair harder to brush or comb?

Newage11

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does dermmatch make your hair harder to brush or comb?

My hair gets chunky and lumpy when i apply dermmatch on it and it makes it super hard to brush! it gets to a point where the brush pulls hairs off from the pressure to be able to brush through the hair/scalp.

Are you guys experiencing this? or am i using dermmatch the wrong way?

Einstein

Established Member
Reaction score
I love dermmatch. When used correctly it’s the best thing for thinning heads. I’ve been using it for over 10 yrs.

You’re using it wrong and I think you’re applying it too dry. Always slightly dab the foam tip in water (don’t soak it, just a little damp) and then rub it into the dermmatch in circles making sure to cover the foam tip on all sides. You then part your hair the best you can and aim for getting the pigment onto your scalp. When ribbing it onto your scalp you have to use your better judgement to make it appear as natural as possible (try to have the scalp underneath showing ever so slightly, and not a super dark clunk of pigment). Sometimes when it appears too much I gently smudge it with some tissue to spread it. I also rarely apply it to a super dry scalp, it pulls hairs. When all is said and done I wet my hair brush an while using a blow dryer on high speed I brush my hair and blow drying at the same time, I make sure the brush tips are combing my scalp/ it helps it appear more natural and darkens the surrounding hairs as well. Then I grab some gel in the palm of my hands and mix it with a little water, making it almost a watery gel and not solid gel. Watery gel is easy to apply and solid gel will clunk your hair together exposing your scalp. Tilting my head down so that my hair hanging downwars I apply the watery gel to my hair and not my scalp. When you do this standing its bot possible to get the gel only onto your hair without touching scalp or bottom parts of the hairs. When your gel the scalp or the lower end of your hairs your scalp will be exposed big time. You only want enough gel to style and stay in place. After the gell is applied to my hairI I fling my hair back without pressing downwards (it’ll flatten exposing your thinning situation), gently brush to your desired hair style, hair spray all over, blow dry the hairspray, and you’re done

NW9000

Established Member
Reaction score
I love dermmatch. When used correctly it’s the best thing for thinning heads. I’ve been using it for over 10 yrs.

You’re using it wrong and I think you’re applying it too dry. Always slightly dab the foam tip in water (don’t soak it, just a little damp) and then rub it into the dermmatch in circles making sure to cover the foam tip on all sides. You then part your hair the best you can and aim for getting the pigment onto your scalp. When ribbing it onto your scalp you have to use your better judgement to make it appear as natural as possible (try to have the scalp underneath showing ever so slightly, and not a super dark clunk of pigment). Sometimes when it appears too much I gently smudge it with some tissue to spread it. I also rarely apply it to a super dry scalp, it pulls hairs. When all is said and done I wet my hair brush an while using a blow dryer on high speed I brush my hair and blow drying at the same time, I make sure the brush tips are combing my scalp/ it helps it appear more natural and darkens the surrounding hairs as well. Then I grab some gel in the palm of my hands and mix it with a little water, making it almost a watery gel and not solid gel. Watery gel is easy to apply and solid gel will clunk your hair together exposing your scalp. Tilting my head down so that my hair hanging downwars I apply the watery gel to my hair and not my scalp. When you do this standing its bot possible to get the gel only onto your hair without touching scalp or bottom parts of the hairs. When your gel the scalp or the lower end of your hairs your scalp will be exposed big time. You only want enough gel to style and stay in place. After the gell is applied to my hairI I fling my hair back without pressing downwards (it’ll flatten exposing your thinning situation), gently brush to your desired hair style, hair spray all over, blow dry the hairspray, and you’re done
16168.gif