Does Anyone See An Improvement Or Not?

Ali999777700

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your derm is an idiot, you clearly have male pattern baldness. So far I don't see an improvement but you will also need finasteride as minoxidil is pointless without it.
since I'm studying abroad I will go to another dermatologist here maybe could always use a 2nd professional opinion

Ali999777700

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your derm is an idiot, you clearly have male pattern baldness. So far I don't see an improvement but you will also need finasteride as minoxidil is pointless without it.
oh I uploaded wrong images, I didn't upload pictures I took today,I fixed it now.

Tommybommy1363

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are receeding but that is not what should alarm you. You are diffusing in a nw6 pattern which will be where you eventually end up. No one can say how long it will take that remaining hair to fade to slick bald, but generally once you start diffusing it doesn’t stop on it’s own like receeding does.

If you just want to use minoxidil I would add dermarolling weekly which will give you another further boost.

You need to start thinking about whether you want to use propecia or not. It’s not for everyone but in the long term it is the only thing with the potential to stop your hairloss

GreekGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Last month I posted some pictures of my hair, and most told me im balding but I need updated opinions.

So I went to 2 doctors, the dermatologist told me what happened to me was due to stress, and my receding hairline was natural and not excessive, he told me to take minoxidil , nanogen shampoo and serum.And told em to come back in december when my semester is over because i study abroad.

I took a blood test and took it to a doctor that works in this field, cant remember the name. He told my my thyriod hormones were high and I had vitamin D deficiency. He gave me Perfectil, Vitman D tables, Normal vitamins, omega 3.

I will post pictures when it first noticed it in may, pictures from august and pictures taken today

First 2 pictures are May, 2nd 2 picture are august and last 4 images are today.

Does anyone see an improvement?

Ps. I have been taking minoxidil for 40 days now,and few weeks back i noticed that my hairy leg is much less hairy?
Get on finasteride immediately, you are thinning all over the top and you still have enough hair to recover.

Ali999777700

My Regimen
Reaction score
Get on finasteride immediately, you are thinning all over the top and you still have enough hair to recover.
But I have improved a lot just using vitamins, I read minoxidil doesn't show progress until 3-4 months passes, i've been taking it for 1 month only? 2 doctors told me it's from severe stress ( which is true because I had a very difficult few months ) , they pulled my hair and not a single hair came out, doesn't that mean something? I'm sorry im not doubting anyone I'm just realllly confused, I'll book an appointment with my GP anyway to go to a third doctor.

Tommybommy1363

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But I have improved a lot just using vitamins, I read minoxidil doesn't show progress until 3-4 months passes, i've been taking it for 1 month only? 2 doctors told me it's from severe stress ( which is true because I had a very difficult few months ) , they pulled my hair and not a single hair came out, doesn't that mean something? I'm sorry im not doubting anyone I'm just realllly confused, I'll book an appointment with my GP anyway to go to a third doctor.

Nope it’s not stress it’s make pattern baldness. You have a classic Norwood 6 pattern. Vitamins will do nothing.

Rogaine is a good choice and you can buy yourself a few good years of hair with it. Add dermarolling if you want, it will give you a nice boost as well.

However if you want a good chance of really keeping your hair for the next 10+ years the propecia is really what you need to do. It’s not for everyone so read up on the pros vs cons and decide if you want to try (really decide and commit, you cant go into propecia half heartedly)

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
this is not what i expected

I promise you that it is male pattern baldness. The situation is more serious than you think man its not just regular receding you have diffuse thinning. Remember I showed u pics of my hair and how it was similiar to yours? If you care about having a chance at saving your hair you have to get on some kind of anti-androgen. Even with a dht blocker there is still a very good chance of going bald since you are diffuse. Trust me man receding is no issue when ur hair is still thick it will take a very long time to go bald but with diffuse thinning u can go from nw1 to nw6 in just a couple of years.

What is your family history of hairloss?

Ali999777700

My Regimen
Reaction score
I promise you that it is male pattern baldness. The situation is more serious than you think man its not just regular receding you have diffuse thinning. Remember I showed u pics of my hair and how it was similiar to yours? If you care about having a chance at saving your hair you have to get on some kind of anti-androgen. Even with a dht blocker there is still a very good chance of going bald since you are diffuse. Trust me man receding is no issue when ur hair is still thick it will take a very long time to go bald but with diffuse thinning u can go from nw1 to nw6 in just a couple of years.

What is your family history of hairloss?
My dad went bald in his late 30s, 1 uncle has hair, other one went bald starting at 50s but still has hair. My brother is 25 and has hair, when he was in uni about 3-4 years ago, he went through same issue and hair grew back without any meds, safe to say he is studying medicine so he is under a ton of stress, my 29 year old cousin also went through this as well but i remember he was more severe he was in uni as well and he took minoxidil for few month and back to normal, that was like 7-9 years ago, still has his hair

Last edited:

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
My dad went bald in his late 30s, 1 uncle has hair, other one went bald starting at 50s but still has hair. My brother is 25 and has hair, when he was in uni about 3-4 years ago, he went through same issue and hair grew back without any meds, safe to say he is studying medicine so he is under a ton of stress.

Do you plan on just waiting it out? To see if it grows back by itself or something? I say if it doesnt grow back within a year its probably a good idea to consider meds.

Ali999777700

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you plan on just waiting it out? To see if it grows back by itself or something? I say if it doesnt grow back within a year its probably a good idea to consider meds.
My dermatologist told me vitamins and really important especially for my thyroid hormones TSH as he found it was was very high 4.5 ( that's what he said), he told as you are studying abroad come to me next december to see if there is any progress, he gave me nanogen shampoo and serum and minoxidil for hair + a ton of vitamins because during exams i got a loooot of vitamin deficiencies. Ill book a derm this week here in the UK as well for better advice.

Tommybommy1363

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My dermatologist told me vitamins and really important especially for my thyroid hormones TSH as he found it was was very high 4.5 ( that's what he said), he told as you are studying abroad come to me next december to see if there is any progress, he gave me nanogen shampoo and serum and minoxidil for hair + a ton of vitamins because during exams i got a loooot of vitamin deficiencies. Ill book a derm this week here in the UK as well for better advice.

Your derm is an idiot. 4.5 is only mildly high and doesn’t warrant treatment. Even if you were to start synthyroid it will not impact your alopecia, in fact synthyroid sometimes makes it worse. Nanogen wont do anything and neither will your vitamins. The only thing you are doing that will end up helping is rogaine

Hair ball

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would seriously consider taking a DHT blocker like finasteride or dutasteride to slow down or halt the hair loss progression. Remember this, in the original studies of finasteride, the group of people receiving the placebo for one year, and then finasteride for the other years, were not able to catch up in hair counts those who were receiving finasteride from the beginning. So the earlier you begin the treatment, the better it is.
I think you need to see another doctor and ask about a DHT blocker like finasteride.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You'll look back on these days when you are severely diffused and wonder why you were so naive to believe vitamins could reverse/abate your hair loss.

Last edited:

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah diffuse thinning. You need to get on finasteride or dutasteride asap. If they refuse to prescribe either then just buy online, using minoxidil without an AA is pointless in the long run.

Last edited: