Does anyone know approximately when Setipiprant will be released?

CurlyBird

Reaction score
I try to average around 200mg per day. I'd say typically between 170 -230 mg a day.

I mean did you take any at night? Or just 1x in the morning.

Also @ hairloss23:

Having more vivid dreams is a sign that you are not getting into the deeper stages of sleep as well or staying there. REM sleep is where dreams occur, and is the least deep stage of sleep.

Now if you are telling me you routinely feel well rested night after night on the same amount of sleep as before then alright that sounds just fine. But I would consider not taking it at night if I saw efficacy by doing that.

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score

Also @ hairloss23:

Having more vivid dreams is a sign that you are not getting into the deeper stages of sleep as well or staying there. REM sleep is where dreams occur, and is the least deep stage of sleep.

Now if you are telling me you routinely feel well rested night after night on the same amount of sleep as before then alright that sounds just fine. But I would consider not taking it at night if I saw efficacy by doing that.

Morning.

I didn't know Seti was being trialled at 1000mg. No one on this forum is coming close to that dosage, so I am looking forward to seeing the results of their Phase 2.

I believe I read this somewhere, but I can't find it and I don't even know if it makes sense. It said, that Seti would be more effective on those suffering with early-stage balding? Can anyone verify that?

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score

Also @ hairloss23:

Well I am actually sleeping longer not the same amount, since I posted that the dreams have worn off a bit, I now dream like once every few days instead of once every night but this is still much more than before without Seti and I am still consistently getting 2 or 3 more hours sleep than I was getting before.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe I read this somewhere, but I can't find it and I don't even know if it makes sense. It said, that Seti would be more effective on those suffering with early-stage balding? Can anyone verify that?

Like I stated It's going to be marketed as a maintenance drug similar to that of Finasteride so yes It helps if you still have some hair left.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score

That's a reasonable assumption. Seti will be a new drug for hair loss, though. What it does is prevent some unknown percentage of PGD2 from binding to a receptor locally, whereas finasteride works to reduce the majority of DHT(but not all DHT). Finasteride was originally developed for something other than hair loss whereas seti is being developed specifically for hair loss. I will wait for clinical trial results to be published before getting too excited about it, but seti does not come with the same side effects as finasteride, so that is a plus already.

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
That's a reasonable assumption. Seti will be a new drug for hair loss, though. What it does is prevent some unknown percentage of PGD2 from binding to a receptor locally, whereas finasteride works to reduce the majority of DHT(but not all DHT). Finasteride was originally developed for something other than hair loss whereas seti is being developed specifically for hair loss. I will wait for clinical trial results to be published before getting too excited about it, but seti does not come with the same side effects as finasteride, so that is a plus already.

Not strictly true, Seti was developed for athsma but was a rubbish treatment, George Cotsarelis discovering PGD2 is higher in balding scalps brought it back for hair loss so they looked into it's usage as a hair loss drug, no company ever would try to develop a pioneering drug for hair loss from scratch, it would cost so much money before you found something that even came remotely close to working. Instead they just develop drugs for other things and if users report less/no hair loss then they look into it's ability as a hair loss treatment.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That's true I agree. And I think that certain drug delivery techniques exist today that add a new dynamic to drug testing and development. They are better able to deliver small and large therapeutic molecules to target specific tissues and parts of the body they just weren't able to 15 or 20 years ago. I think we can expect that the cure will eventually be a cream or topical solution as opposed to oral drug approach sometimes described as using a sledgehammer to pound a finishing nail with respect to white powder pills and potions having undesirable systemic effects on the human body.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Well we have many more years to debate it still because it wont be here for a very long time.

mpower

Established Member
Reaction score
I like your optimism haha. The sad truth is that there has been nothing new since I started my hair loss journey several years ago (when I registered here).
I guess hair transplants got better but that's a half *** solution IMO.

p.s.
Everybody have nice holidays! New year, new hopes LOL

CurlyBird

Reaction score
Not strictly true, Seti was developed for athsma but was a rubbish treatment, George Cotsarelis discovering PGD2 is higher in balding scalps brought it back for hair loss so they looked into it's usage as a hair loss drug

I am not sure that it turned out to be rubbish, it just wasn't any better than drugs that were already available. There's a difference.

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
Guess what - you are using many meds\treatments which more likely are responsible to your results, than the Seti (*ahm dutasteride ahm*)

ehem I was getting results with seti before dutasteride ehem

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
Do you have any pictures of these results? It would be really awesome if someone could do some sort of a log about Seti.

Read my signature. At the moment I am less than a month into my entire protocol and I am already seeing results, I have been on Seti for about a month. I may take pictures soon, I think what the casual observers who never do logs don't realize is how hard it is to snap decent pictures of regrowth. It's not just as simple as holding your phone to your temple and tapping the button.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hairloss23, please do share. It'll determine whether or not to put the nail in the coffin for Seti.

throwaway448

Reaction score
Yeah I'm really curious if Seti works, and even more curious if it's side-effect-free maintenance drug we've been waiting for?

CurlyBird

Reaction score
Just a correction from before: REM is actually the last stage of sleep where dreams occur. Got that one *** backwards. Anyone else have any updates on sides?