Does anyone know approximately when Setipiprant will be released?

Soviet Youth

Reaction score
Hey guys, as the title states, do we have an approximate time for a commercially available setipiprant, as in later 2016, 2017, etc. ?

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd like to know this as well. Its still in trials from what I understand.
People on this forum are also trying some seti they got form foreign laboratories but so far no one really seems to have great results from topical use.

Theres also another substance being tested AB..something something with numbers...I dont know the name but it's supposed to act on the same pathway as seti but even stronger. Hopefully by 2018 we'll have much better drugs that we do now, or at least more options than finasteride/dutasteride

Dervyx

Reaction score
People on this forum are also trying some seti they got form foreign laboratories but so far no one really seems to have great results from topical use.

Are you sure? From what I've seen(on here and other hair loss forums) most people who used seti say it has completely stopped itching and reduced shedding.

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd like to know this as well. Its still in trials from what I understand.

Theres also another substance being tested AB..something something with numbers...I dont know the name but it's supposed to act on the same pathway as seti but even stronger. Hopefully by 2018 we'll have much better drugs that we do now, or at least more options than finasteride/dutasteride

My friend . People on here got their stuff from the group buy less than 2 weeks ago.. So they may start it for couple days ..Include me.
Please be patient..every treatment needs at least 4-6 months to be qualify for make a judgment.. And No Seti is not Miracle.

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
My friend . People on here got their stuff from the group buy less than 2 weeks ago.. So they may start it for couple days ..Include me.
Please be patient..every treatment needs at least 4-6 months to be qualify for make a judgment.. And No Seti is not Miracle.

I thought the original group was back in August. Theres been a 'dedicated seti log' thread
Im aware you guys just had a new GB. Looking forward to hearing of good results if/when you get them

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
I thought the original group was back in August. Theres been a 'dedicated seti log' thread
Im aware you guys just had a new GB. Looking forward to hearing of good results if/when you get them

Actually that thread is in general..and People got their stuff from private forum.. So you're right they used it before us ..But many of them don't have ID here or don't come here to post their result.. I will update the forum as soon as I see any difference..

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Actually that thread is in general..and People got their stuff from private forum.. So you're right they used it before us ..But many of them don't have ID here or don't come here to post their result.. I will update the forum as soon as I see any difference..

In the German forum we will finish a big group buy this week. many people will start with seti this week including me. :)

big_head

Established Member
Reaction score
I still don't even know if Seti works...I barely understand what it does. There is so much scattered info about this stuff and even though there is a thread that is supposed to be about dedicated logs, no one seems to give much clear info about if it's doing much. My guess is that it's a dud like everything else, probably more money and trouble than it is worth. I get the same sense with Histogen but I am hoping that is the real deal that it claims it is.

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
Has anyone reported any side effects on it so far?

Yeah I'm on it and the first night I had bad Insomnia which may/may not have been Seti as my sleeping pattern had been out for the last couple of days but even so, I was awake well into the morning. Since then that has subsided and now I find I am actually sleeping better than I was before. I used to sleep 5 or 6 hours most nights and now I sleep a solid 8-10 every night. Me and a few of the other guys taking it have also said they are experiencing more vivid dreams, I have no idea if this is connected to Seti or not, It just seems like such a weird thing to experience but I feel like I am having much more dreams then previous and I am remembering them well into the next day. I don't know whether or not it will subside as I've only recently got on Seti but last night I didn't have any dreams at all. I hope the 8-10 hours remains lol.

Like I said, very strange side effect but I'm not complaining, it makes my nights sleep so much better.

Ven

Reaction score
Yeah I'm on it and the first night I had bad Insomnia which may/may not have been Seti as my sleeping pattern had been out for the last couple of days but even so, I was awake well into the morning. Since then that has subsided and now I find I am actually sleeping better than I was before. I used to sleep 5 or 6 hours most nights and now I sleep a solid 8-10 every night. Me and a few of the other guys taking it have also said they are experiencing more vivid dreams, I have no idea if this is connected to Seti or not, It just seems like such a weird thing to experience but I feel like I am having much more dreams then previous and I am remembering them well into the next day. I don't know whether or not it will subside as I've only recently got on Seti but last night I didn't have any dreams at all. I hope the 8-10 hours remains lol.

Like I said, very strange side effect but I'm not complaining, it makes my nights sleep so much better.

I read somewhere that pgd2 is of influence for sleeping. You're saying you used to sleep 5-6 hours most nights. In balding men pgd2 is higher then in non balding men so maybe since you're taking the seti for a while now your pgd2 levels came to a 'normal' value thus making you sleep better.

I'm having that same 5/6 hours nights quite often the last few years and I'm balding the last few years.... I think I have two reasons for trying seti now ;)

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score

I had a similar reaction. Couldn't fall asleep normally for around a week or two, but that has mainly subsided. Hard to say if my sleep has gotten better though since I've always been able to sleep a solid 8-10 hours. Have you noticed a difference in hair/shedding?

CurlyBird

Reaction score
I had a similar reaction. Couldn't fall asleep normally for around a week or two, but that has mainly subsided. Hard to say if my sleep has gotten better though since I've always been able to sleep a solid 8-10 hours. Have you noticed a difference in hair/shedding?

Can either of you state your dose and dosing regimen? This is one of the side effects I am most worried about.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, as the title states, do we have an approximate time for a commercially available setipiprant, as in later 2016, 2017, etc. ?

I think that if they can show efficacy early on, i.e. that it works better than rogaine to grow hair, we could see it in less time than it usually takes for a completely new drug to be approved.

Setipiprant had previously been studied as a potential allergic inflammation treatment and had undergone eight clinical trials, including a Phase III study in seasonal allergic rhinitis patients and a Phase II proof of concept study in asthma patients, resulting in a safety database of more than 1,000 patients. Actelion suspended the development of setipiprant due to a lack of efficacy seen in the above-mentioned clinical trials for inflammatory disorders. Treatment in all studies was well tolerated across all treatment groups and no serious adverse events were reported.

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
I think that if they can show efficacy early on, i.e. that it works better than rogaine to grow hair, we could see it in less time than it usually takes for a completely new drug to be approved.

Seti is going to be marketed as a maintenance drug like finasteride, it's primary goal is to maintain hair with potential for regrowth.

Yes, less shedding but still there, I think because my dosage is not really high enough to allow Seti to maintain on it's own. It is a dose dependant drug and the trials are being done with 1g and maybe other dosages and taken at different times of the day as well (like me). I am only on 300mg though because Seti is very expensive and will be for the foreseeable future. I recently started dutasteride to try and halt hair loss completely as I am in the very early stages of it, between NW1.5 and 2. But definitely less shedding and the itch goes within 5 minutes of taking the capsule.

Can either of you state your dose and dosing regimen? This is one of the side effects I am most worried about.

Bruh no offense but if you're genuinely scared of this then I don't think any hair loss treatments are for you. I take Seti 100mg Oral 3x a day if you check my regimen, morning, noon and early evening. Like I said for the first night I had trouble getting to sleep, do you want to know how often in the past I've had trouble getting to sleep? I'll tell you, before I was on Seti I would lie awake for a good 1-2 hours before I fell asleep, I would contemplate everything to do with hair, being bald, taking meds, if people I know would care, how it would affect me. And before I was even balding I would sometimes lie awake with other problems on my mind and I would lie there for 1-2 hours contemplating those! It's horrible and that was before I even was on Seti. Now I am on it and I get none of that, I lie in bed, fall asleep within 10 minutes usually unless I am not tired in which case I read for half an hour, and then every few days I get a cool dream. I never used to dream before while I was balding, like never... As far as I am concerned it is not even a negative side effect lol.