Does anyone here keep their hairloss a secret?

Primex

Established Member
Reaction score
ShedMaster said:
Primex said:
hair_tomorrow said:
btw - your avatar is, umm, disturbing :freaked2:

cool though.

:lol: I saw it on a myspace site and thought it was hilarious. Sorry if it bothers you, I'll be changing it in a couple days anyway.

I don't know if I'll ever tell anyone that I'm actually buying products about my hairloss. It's almost as if I'm a weird guy in sunglasses and a trenchcoat going to p**rn store buying videos, but replace p**rn store with drug store and videos with Propecia and Rogaine.

disturbing yes... but I think Solo's avatar is mucho more upsetting!

Yeah, that one actually freaked me out a little too.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ok, ok, because of popular demand I´ve finally changed my avatar.

Now it´s a demostration of how races can combat humanity in futuristic battleships that came from another galaxy, but still can´t handle properly scalp health and hair loss.

I hope you´ll love it a bit more than my deared full-lingerie jacket moustache masturbatronic guy.

bodysnatcher

Established Member
Reaction score
Primex said:
hair_tomorrow said:
btw - your avatar is, umm, disturbing :freaked2:

cool though.

:lol: I saw it on a myspace site and thought it was hilarious. Sorry if it bothers you, I'll be changing it in a couple days anyway.

I don't know if I'll ever tell anyone that I'm actually buying products about my hairloss. It's almost as if I'm a weird guy in sunglasses and a trenchcoat going to p**rn store buying videos, but replace p**rn store with drug store and videos with Propecia and Rogaine.

The Guy on the left is Mike Bernardo and the guy on the right is the great Jerome Le Banner. One of the greatest heavyweight kickboxers of all time

whisky1

Reaction score
hiding using monixidil

As a user of Monixidil 5% i decided not tell anyone, luckily i apply it once in the morning after showering and once at night before bed. I dont like discussing my thinning hair through embarrasment. I have come to accept my hair line and have my hair as short as possible but not crew cut length.
http://www.cure-alopecia.com

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I keep mine secret. I've had hair transplant, and it wasn't a good job, though I had repair work, but I've got horrible scarring in the back, and I am too ashamed to get a haircut, so I just cut my hair myself, Can't keep it too short in the back because it will reveal the open graft scars and the linear scar. I also take propecial and minoxidil, nobody knows. Fortunately I have no SO, and probably never well, so this is really a non-issue. Only my parents and brother know.

Primex said:
I know some of use can't keep it a secret no matter what we do, but there are others that don't LOOK like their balding at all until they reveal it. I'm just curious because I don't tell anyone that I'm on Propecia and Minoxidil. My friends think I'm using nizoral because of scalp itch, but that's it. I can kinda hide it a little, or maybe my friends are just being nice and not saying anything about it, who knows? Does anyone keep it from their friends and not mention it? Or is anyone here in a relationship and don't talk about it with their significant others because of embarrassment?

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
I just parted my hair in the middle when I first noticed my hairline, it didn't work because I knew people could see it.

When I tell people about my hair loss, they said they never noticed it on me. That's a good thing to hear when I got jokes about my hairline in high school.

G

I haven't told anyone except my family, so yeah, I keep it as a secret. I'm pretty sure everyone has noticed it now, though. We just don't have this "insult habit" here in Finland, at least not straight in your face kinda thing. It is kind of hard when it feels that everyone is talking to my hair instead of my face.

G

i keep my hair loss a secret. only once in 3 years someone said something and that was at swimming. im now using kerasome to hide it. before i used a stupid hair look to hide it. im just hiding , hiding , hiding.
that s everything i can do.

bubka

Reaction score
secret here, though almost blew my cover once when i went to donate blood and they quickly went down the list... i think finasteride was asked, maybe all, not sure

i am suprised none of my friends asked though because of the drastic improvment i had with finasteride...