Does Anyone Feel A Bit Guilty Sometimes Using Concealer

Jackan93

My Regimen
Reaction score
Like something deep down in me feels like sh*t for having to use it, although i love it and it has made my life a lot better. How do you apply it? I wash my hair, dry it then sprinkle a bit on all over then brush it in then apply hair product then brush then use some freeze hold hair spray. I've found the next day after waking up it looks a bit better as well. I've only been using for a month or so. How many years have you guys been using it?

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, but I understand why some people feel that way.

The problem for me is that it is a bit like minoxidil in that you can't live your life exactly like you want to. That's the treat of just being on anti-androgen as the only thing on a regime. I can be inconsistent with shampooing, getting the right vitamins and foods etc. and still keep the significant part of my hair loss treatment going. If you are going away on a trip with friends, I only need to bring some finasteride/duta but when I was on minoxidil I had to bring that with me and time it right when showering etc.

Toppik has started to become a slight hassle for me. While I do not need to plan around it like with topical treatments, I might need to consider how I apply it if I intended to do some outdoor activity in the hot summer etc. I have yet to have Toppik applied when I have been experience heavy sweating because of physical activity etc. but moderate sweat doesn't do much, if anything it dilutes when it gets in contact with fluids rather than running down your face, unless of course you emptied half the container on your head. The point is, you can't live your life fully if half your day you only think about the Toppik or other concealer.

yadayada029

Established Member
Reaction score
I understand the feeling also. It's a lie we see and tell ourselves, and everyone else, every time we use it. It covers the thin spots, but doesn't fix the problem. Inside I'm screaming "for the love of god, cure this miserable condition already! What is taking so long!"

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
The hard part is after years of concealer, you inevitably get to the point where it gets ridiculous because there is no more hair there... THEN you have to come up with a plan to get off the concealer...

yadayada029

Established Member
Reaction score
Doesn't help that many baldness sufferers already have itchy scalps, and concealers only add to the itchiness.

Faizan Ali

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am using Concealers since 3 yrs and the only thing i complain is the addiction associated with after using it for 1 month i never went out for a day with sprinkling some of it over my hair