Does Anyone Else Fear The Effects Of finasteride On Cognitive Function More Than Anything Else?

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Am i the only one?

What i fear the most about finasteride is its effect long term effect on neurochemicals in the brain such as
allopregnanolone ( neurosteroid ) etc
What's the point of taking a drug to maintain your hair if it's going to reduce your cognitive abilities which may reduce your ability to earn more income in the future?
This is what i fear the most.

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Before we begin: is there any clinical research that suggests that finasteride can cause a diminished intelligence levels?

No just some studies on rats.
But posts on reddit and other sites have made me worried e.g.
  • Neural cells contain androgen receptors, which are significantly more responsive to DHT than testosterone. Therefore, perhaps suppressing DHT for cosmetic reasons should be cause for hesitation.

• 5-alpha reductase plays a role in producing a number of neurosteroids in the body. These compounds have functions such as enhancing the effects of GABA, providing neuroprotection, promoting neurogenesis, and assisting in myelination. Studies conducted on a subset of individuals who once took Finasteride do, in fact, show lower plasma levels of allopregnanolone (compared to controls), a neurosteroid that has been implicated in neurodegenerative diseases.

• Lastly, it should be noted that evidence of pudendal nerve neuropathy has been found in individuals who report persistent sexual dysfunction from the drug. Having spoke to a handful of PFS sufferers myself, this can be pretty devastating to deal with. Libido may be in check, but feeling is lost downstairs.
I'd rather be a guy with full head of hair,decent income than a rich bald guy who's always trying to pull of the "confidence game".

Not sure if serious?
So you're telling me, you'd rather be a guy with a full head of hair and decent income (80k a year) than a rich bald guy (assume this guy works out, takes good care of himself) and earns 1million + a year.

Please go.

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah but so far I have not felt cognitive effects other than being more fatigued and somnolent than before. However finasteride is the only thing that helps treat the root cause of balding and if I quit taking it I would have to be wear a rug within the next 2 years with the rate I am losing hair, so I will still take it unless I start having a serious decline in mental capability or sexual functioning.

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride is not smarties. It is a hard drug with far-reaching consequences for your body and mind.

DHT is the strongest hormone, the strongest sex hormone, it makes you a man.

DHT artificially lowering has strong consequences for your mind and body.

I had no side effects at first.

Condition today:

Sperm volume has been reduced by 70-90%.
Sexual interest has declined sharply.
Libido has declined sharply.

I'm still not impotent, but yes, something has change...

A recent report on Finasteride has now been published in the German media.

In Germany, many people want to file a lawsuit against Merck for the severe side effects of finasteride.

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride is not smarties. It is a hard drug with far-reaching consequences for your body and mind.

Condition today:

In Germany, many people want to file a lawsuit against Merck for the severe side effects of finasteride.

You don't happen to have a link to that study perchance, do you?

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Condition today:

How long have you been on finasteride? For me it's literal candy, it does nothing, and I've been on it for 3 years. If it wasn't for the initial ball ache the first week I would think it was sugar pills.

Link ze german article on finasteride.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes! Link to the study: @JeanLucBB

Says the guy who thought finasteride had no effect on hairloss and hadn't read any data on the subject in his life.
1516295139427.png

Also, finasteride made my dick bigger.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Meh, finasteride is weak af and did absolutely nothing for me. Definitely a soft drug considering what is out there.

how much per month does your regimen cost you?

you surely must be buying this sh*t online

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride def fucked me up in the head, i could barely function after one year on this drug. was amazing for my hair though, and actually made me hornier.

mental sides were f*****g awful though. shame i got them. i had great hair after one year

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
You don't happen to have a link to that study perchance, do you?

Dude..never blindly believe in science..

If something is not proven...doesn't mean such possibility do not exist.

This scientist or FDA do not owe any responsibilty for damage to your body.

The number of drugs causing hepatotoxicity is not small...this itself raises question how the f*** such drugs are approved in the first place.

Be Careful..

For e.g:
I have actively seen many Indians and Americans actively bashing on vaccination.

Vaccine related complications are not joke.