Does A Hair Transplant Make Sense For Me?

martincross

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

I am a 36 year old with something of NW2 between NW3 I guess. I suffer from my high temples since I am 19 and I got a quite stable state for 16 years now. Attached please see my current situation. As you can see my right temple is much worse than the left. If it was only for the left temple I wouldnt do a surgery I guess. I know that for some of you it looks like a good hair situation, but this is all relative... as I said I really suffer from the high temples for a long time.

I talked to a hair conulstant already and they guess around 1500 grafts to close my temples. However a rather high density is required he said and he also said that I have enough donor reserves for covering the entire head if it would be necessary some day. I would do the hair transplant only with TOP FUE doctor, regardless of the cost.

So I got a question to you:
1) Would you recommend the hair transplant in terms of risk/reward? What could be worst case scenario and how likely would it be when going to a TOP doctor? I heard several shocking things like depigmentation, necrosis etc... and therefore I wonder if this is worth the risk?!

Attachments

• front.png
    front.png
    1,016.8 KB · Views: 587
  • left_1.png
    left_1.png
    658.2 KB · Views: 476
  • right_1.png
    right_1.png
    801.1 KB · Views: 465
  • right_3.png
    right_3.png
    1 MB · Views: 560
  • right_2.png
    right_2.png
    869.8 KB · Views: 494
  • left_2.png
    left_2.png
    850.7 KB · Views: 550

shookwun

Reaction score
sure. if it makes you feel better about yourself.

heres what they dont tell you.

you will most likely need two procedures to achieve the desired out come.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

I am a 36 year old with something of NW2 between NW3 I guess. I suffer from my high temples since I am 19 and I got a quite stable state for 16 years now. Attached please see my current situation. As you can see my right temple is much worse than the left. If it was only for the left temple I wouldnt do a surgery I guess. I know that for some of you it looks like a good hair situation, but this is all relative... as I said I really suffer from the high temples for a long time.

I talked to a hair conulstant already and they guess around 1500 grafts to close my temples. However a rather high density is required he said and he also said that I have enough donor reserves for covering the entire head if it would be necessary some day. I would do the hair transplant only with TOP FUE doctor, regardless of the cost.

So I got a question to you:
1) Would you recommend the hair transplant in terms of risk/reward? What could be worst case scenario and how likely would it be when going to a TOP doctor? I heard several shocking things like depigmentation, necrosis etc... and therefore I wonder if this is worth the risk?!

Are these pics with Feriduni? I say get it done if you have the money, but like Shook said perfection is difficult from a single run through, no matter how small the area. Definitely should get a sizeable improvement in a single procedure though.

Personally I think Keser is the best FUE surgeon for small cases like these.

martincross

My Regimen
Reaction score
@shookwun: Why do you think so? And if so... would this be visible until the 2nd surgery is performed - I mean would it be worse than now?

@JeanLucBB: Yes they are. Could it look worse after single procedure?
Really Keser? I thought Feriduni is the very best for FUE hairline procedures - Why do you think Keser is better? Is it because of the stick-and-place Approach? I do not feel comfortale doing such a surgery in Turkey to be honest...

martincross

My Regimen
Reaction score
@michel sapin: Around 16 years now... It might have gone back maybe 1 cm in this time but as I said it is quite stable

ps: I don't take finasteride and never did

Last edited:

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
@shookwun: Why do you think so? And if so... would this be visible until the 2nd surgery is performed - I mean would it be worse than now?

@JeanLucBB: Yes they are. Could it look worse after single procedure?
Really Keser? I thought Feriduni is the very best for FUE hairline procedures - Why do you think Keser is better? Is it because of the stick-and-place Approach? I do not feel comfortale doing such a surgery in Turkey to be honest...

Feriduni is top notch which is why I mentioned, but I do think Keser is a tad better in regards to yield and graft quality due to his small daily graft numbers and stick and place technique. If you live in Belgium and have the money for Feriduni he would certainly be top five for hairline options in my opinion so nothing at all negative to say about him.

95% chance it will look significantly better after a single procedure.

martincross

My Regimen
Reaction score
Feriduni is top notch which is why I mentioned, but I do think Keser is a tad better in regards to yield and graft quality due to his small daily graft numbers and stick and place technique. If you live in Belgium and have the money for Feriduni he would certainly be top five for hairline options in my opinion so nothing at all negative to say about him.

95% chance it will look significantly better after a single procedure.

But what would be worst case? Could it look worse afterwards? Because of shock loss or something like that.?

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
But what would be worst case? Could it look worse afterwards? Because of shock loss or something like that.?

I've looked at thousands of results and have NEVER seen legitimate examples of shock loss to hair behind the recipient area where the patient is on finasteride. In my opinion shock loss is an incredibly rare occurrence, and generally is mistaken as such when it is rather just further progression of male pattern baldness or the result of shaving the hair short and therefore looking worse. I'd take finasteride as a precautionary though, I know some doctors like Rahal have suggested it be used prior and shortly subsequent to a procedure to combat shock loss.

Worst case is likely just poor growth and you'll know if that's the case at 5 months.

martincross

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've looked at thousands of results and have NEVER seen legitimate examples of shock loss to hair behind the recipient area where the patient is on finasteride. In my opinion shock loss is an incredibly rare occurrence, and generally is mistaken as such when it is rather just further progression of male pattern baldness or the result of shaving the hair short and therefore looking worse. I'd take finasteride as a precautionary though, I know some doctors like Rahal have suggested it be used prior and shortly subsequent to a procedure to combat shock loss.

Worst case is likely just poor growth and you'll know if that's the case at 5 months.

Wow so you have a lot of experience in this field! Can you tell me, is 4 weeks before surgery enough for starting with finasteride? Have you seen shockloss behind the recipient area for examples without finasteride?

One more question: Feriduni will make a free touch up if first result is not satisfying, but I wonder if worst outcome could also be that result does look unnatural or that it is obvious that a transplant has been made.. do you think this could occur? What would you do then? Just remove the transplants again? But this would cause scarring right?

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I hate to be so blunt but you guys are fuk'n crazy, go ahead with a transplant for that tiny area and what? look 1% better?

Don't do it, don't take the risk and save your money. No doctor has a perfect record when it comes to transplants. It's impossible. You didn't say FUT or FUE but i hope it is FUE because FUT would be ridiculous.

Anyway, never mind me. I am going back in my hole.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I am in a similar situation to you. How much does your hair bother you? If it does not, then forget it. You have great hair characteristics to get a great result with a top ethical surgeon. I would be on finasteride if I was going to make such a huge investment. Just remember, once they cut you, there is no turning back. If you don't like the results, you are stuck having to get more work done or have to live with something you don't like.

martincross

My Regimen
Reaction score
If it wouldn't be bothering me for years I wouldn't consider doing this I guess. finasteride does not work for the temples thats even what Feriduni said, so it makes no sense for me in my situation, as the other hair is very stable.
Why is there no turning back? 1500 grafts can be removed by Laser I guess?

By the way when you are in a comparable situation - did you do it or not?

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
If it wouldn't be bothering me for years I wouldn't consider doing this I guess. finasteride does not work for the temples thats even what Feriduni said, so it makes no sense for me in my situation, as the other hair is very stable.

The other hair is stable now, but finasteride is insurance against unforeseen further losses down the track. finasteride is also very likely to thicken up existing hair and stop long term miniaturization of all hair that comes with age

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

No, I still did not do it. I was quoted the same amount of grafts as you. If you laser removed the hair, you still would have scars there. I don't think you need to worry bout that anyway. Your hair characteristics are great. Feriduni does good work. If I was in your shoes, I would do it. You are younger than me and you have better hair characteristics.