Doctor Dentist Hospital How To Hide It ?

hairibos

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wonder how hair system wearers hide in
medical situations?

like does the dentist or dental nurse spot it working so close up?

do you tell them?

what about your doctor
if you go with ear
trouble?

ot optician?

what if you need hospital scans ot
are admitted in your local center
- take it off and you might bump into someone?

Noah

Reaction score
I certainly wouldn't feel the need to mention it to the dentist, nor to the doctor unless i was consulting him on something scalp-related. There is no reason why a doctor would be any the wiser unless he had some reason to poke around on your scalp. The dentist is somewhat different, because your face is under very close scrutiny in very bright light. On the other hand very bright lighting can make a lace system more invisible, rather than the other way around (that is not true of skin systems, which is another reason why I prefer lace). I have been to the dentist several times during the time I've been wearing, and if the dentist or his nurse spotted that I'm wearing they didn't give any indication. But honestly I don't really care - they are medical professionals, used to seeing private sensitive stuff and bound to discretion. I don't know them socially. If they spot something, I can live with that.

If you have to go to hospital for something head- or scalp- related then you have to tell the medics, and maybe in some cases take the unit off. I have never had to do that, but the issue has arisen before on this and other hairloss forums. The general view from posters who have done this and from medical professionals is that doctors get this situation not infrequently, and are sensitive to the issues. The advice is to tell the doctor confidentially about the system, and if you have to take the system off, arrange to have a surgical cap available to cover up.

Of course, there is always the remote possibility that you will have an accident involving a head injury, and you will be taken to hospital, possibly unconscious, and you won't have control over what happens to your hair system. I hope that never happens, but if it does I will have bigger things to worry about than hairloss or the confidentiality of my hair system. I take that risk willingly. In the final analysis you have to have balls to wear a system - it's probably not for someone who would die a thousand deaths if anyone ever discovered.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
been to all three. none picked it and if they didnt they hid it so well that I didn't pick up a reaction. Even if they did, they are medical professionals and immune to most physical things

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I never mention it, unless they need to examine my scalp (skin doctor).

BTW, why do you care?

JohnathonNY

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would you care about the doctor/dentist noticing your system anyway? Assuming you have a decent system and style, the general public won't be looking at your hair trying to determine if its real.

TexanGuy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Medical professionals are all about treating and improving patients, they wouldn't care if you're improving yourself with a hair system.

Jbalding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It might be hard at the dentist because they are 2 inches away from your head with an extremely bright light shining in your face. I went last week, I couldnt tell if they knew but they didn't look at it so im assuming they didnt. Even if they did, I dont really care.. it looks good. The Doctor wont know unless theyre in your scalp though.

Jbalding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also to add, my stylist has many doctors as her clients too - so dont be too surprised if Doctor is wearing himself

WendyParr

My Regimen
Reaction score
This sounds very strange to me. I don't see the need to tell the doctors about it. Why would a dentist know that? This will not affect his job in any way. I recently visited a doctor who recently completed the lnp to bst bridge program, and he noticed I have a hair issue. Still, he didn't ask any stupid questions, as it is evident that I have a hair problem. Instead, he gave me some advice that I already knew, but it still shows this doctor is a nice guy. This is his job, after all, to help his patients. I'm sure they've seen too much in their work to be surprised by it.

Last edited:

VidoK

My Regimen
Reaction score
Even if the doctor notices it, I don't think he will tell you about it. Because it's your own business and will never interfere. I'm a pretty outgoing person, so I like to make jokes, even at the dentist's office. Most recently, I had braces installed here at jeffreygrossdds.com, and for a good reason. The doctor is pretty friendly, and he joked around to my jokes. The installation of the braces was painless, honestly even pleasant, as we had a friendly chat with the dentist and his assistant. All doctors should be on the same page as the patient.

Last edited:

Rijad

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't feel like I have to share this with a doctor or dentist. Unless they ask, and unless they need to examine my scalp for something. Does women have to tell anyone that they have plastic surgery? I don't think so...

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Medical professionals are usually discrete. I have not had any show any sign of "spotting it". The optician seemed to be right in my face and around my head the most. I think they are too busy with other concerns to spot

Rijad

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Medical professionals are usually discrete. I have not had any show any sign of "spotting it". The optician seemed to be right in my face and around my head the most. I think they are too busy with other concerns to spot
I visited my family doctor 2 weeks ago to do blood test, she looked at my hair and did not comment anything at all. I think they are smart enough not to say anything that can potentially hurt clients' feeling.

Last edited:

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you have a good quality system and enough experience at looking after it, there's no reason why a doctor or dentist would notice it to be honest. They'd just assume it's your real hair.

Last edited: