Do you wash out your concealer more than once a day?

wendal

Established Member
Reaction score
I started using toppik recently and here is my routine:

In the morning I apply it before I go to work. Do my work out around 5pm, then shower right afterwards. Apply it again just afer my shower (no fun to have full head of hair in the afternoon only to be thinning in the evening). Since I dont wanna go to bed with this stuff in my hair I take another shower right before bed. Plus I want my scalp to have a good 8 to 10 hours to breathe.

I really dont mind taking two showers a day, but here's my question: Is shampooing your hair twice a day every day damaging to your hair? Should I simply wash it out with water best I can during that second shower instead of using shampoon?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Its not damaging in terms of = more hairloss.

waldo

Reaction score
im so poor and use so much of this stuff that i only wash my hair every 2-3 days lol

hopefully not gonna be long until i start wearing a system though lol

chr1s

Established Member
Reaction score
i don't wash my hair at the gym. i sleep with it on almost every day but i just use a little. i wash my hair once every morning.

TRex

Reaction score
I wash in morning, then apply toppik go to work. workout at 5PM, then shower/shampoo afterwards and apply minoxidil/spironolactone/flut. go to bead with topicals on scalp. wake up early and reapply minoxidil/spironolactone/flut, go back to sleep for a few more hours then shower/shampoo again.

If your working out at night, two showers a day is pretty normal. one in am, one after workout. And you want your scalp cleansed clean for topicals.

But I only apply concealer once a day in morning unless I am going out all night otherwise its a waste for me to sit around with concealer on watching TV or working around the house.

agent00

Established Member
Reaction score
I think washing twice a day and applying it twice a day is pretty excessive. My routine is pretty much this:

Wake Up
Have Shower with Nizoral (3x a week)
Get out and apply Rogaine 5%
Shave and then blow dry my hair and apply my concealer (Dermmatch).

I usually work out every night and just leave my concealer in. It usually lives pretty well.

brooklynstylist

Reaction score
i have very, very oily hair. sometimes i have to wash my hair twice per day, morning and evening. In the morning, i wash my hair with shampoo. if i wash my hair in the evening, i used a tiny bit of shampoo, just enough to wash out the hair oil, that way some concealer still remains in my hair

kejan

Established Member
Reaction score
I just had 6 days of not washing my hair. I was traveling and camping, it stayed in place but my hair felt very greasy and I never thought I'd say this but I was more than happy to wash my hair and stick a camp on for a day once I got back to get away from the concealers and have a 'rest'. :punk: