Do you think the cure will be found within our lifetime?

resu

Reaction score
I was thinking about how fat people, when they put on weight, their skin stretches and never goes back down again. They have to get bits of skin cut off in order to reduce hanging skin.
Why can't they stretch the hairy parts of the scalp skin over a period of time, then cut out the bald middle, and join the two sides up. Kind of like a scalp reduction but stretching the skin beforehand so you can cover the entire scalp and not just some of it.
Working out how to stretch the skin over time is the difficult bit but surely it can be done ?

Scalp reduction is a banned procedure.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was thinking about how fat people, when they put on weight, their skin stretches and never goes back down again. They have to get bits of skin cut off in order to reduce hanging skin.
Why can't they stretch the hairy parts of the scalp skin over a period of time, then cut out the bald middle, and join the two sides up. Kind of like a scalp reduction but stretching the skin beforehand so you can cover the entire scalp and not just some of it.
Working out how to stretch the skin over time is the difficult bit but surely it can be done ?

Call Bosley, I believe they have a two for one special on this

shookwun

Reaction score
Scalp flaps are the closest we have to a cure.

It's all bull****. If you go back ten years ago, their were also breaking discoveries that debut but never lived up to the hype.

What we have are rugs, plugs, and drugs.

Baldingat188

Reaction score
I think genetic engineering is the best bet for a cure, though there's really no telling if it will be 20years or 100 years before its perfected

other then that I don't think we will get a 100% cure. Transplants and drugs will gradually continue to improve but I don't think it will be black and white bald or hair

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think genetic engineering is the best bet for a cure, though there's really no telling if it will be 20years or 100 years before its perfected

other then that I don't think we will get a 100% cure. Transplants and drugs will gradually continue to improve but I don't think it will be black and white bald or hair

I wonder what effect genetic engineering would have towards bald men. Think about it. Would ANY parent willingly not want the best physical options possible for their kid. Imagine that one hippy liberal parent who decides to let life do its thing and the kid becomes a mental case because he loses his hair at 20 and blames his folks for not stopping it. Now imagine NO parent wanting this to happen.
How would that make EVERY other bald guy alive feel. How would it openly make most people feel towards bald men. Every woman knowing they wouldnt HAVE to accept a bald guy.
Maybe bald guys would become the oddity then every woman would want to be "that trendy girl"... I doubt it lol, I think bald would literally be designated a handicap at that point.

Sweeping

Reaction score
The cure is already here brah
[video=youtube;Um6XDlVOc2U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um6XDlVOc2U[/video]

blackg

Reaction score
The cure is already here brah
[video=youtube;Um6XDlVOc2U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um6XDlVOc2U[/video]
Ah..that was too good. I was crying by the end of it.
"From desert to forrest."

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
I do think so. I think a cure will be found within a few years. There are numerous different ways they are examining to cure it and I think there may actually be multiple cures soon. They may even cure the entire aging process, which would of course result in a cure for hair loss because hair loss needs the aging process to progress.

I think a cure for hair loss will be on the planet within 3 years but it won't necessarily be in the marketplace by then. It will have to go through studies. I think a cure for the entire aging process will be on the planet within 5 years but it won't necessarily be in the marketplace by that time because it will have to go through studies.

Fall

Reaction score
A cure will be the same as a solution to ageing itself. zx42 will not help us

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

I think it's very possible, if not already there but we don't know about it. Most stuff never makes it to human trials because you know, regulations against researchers which keeps them inhibited from making any real progress. I could be wrong though.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
the main difference between 1979 and now is this : https://www.neb.com/tools-and-resou...genome-editing-a-new-era-in-molecular-biology

CRISPR CAS9 Gene editing. But will they ever use it for a "cosmetic" issue..

This is just one of numerous ways they could cure hair loss and even the entire aging process.

- - - Updated - - -

The only way a cure in our lifetime would be found is if a cure for mortality was discovered first. That includes having your brain put in a robot with hair!
arkiv_goldar07.jpg

I think a cure for hair loss by itself will come first but I also think that a cure for the entire aging process will cure hair loss and I think that a cure for the entire aging process will be on the planet, although not necessarily in the marketplace yet, within 5 years.

resu

Reaction score
I think it's very possible, if not already there but we don't know about it. Most stuff never makes it to human trials because you know, regulations against researchers which keeps them inhibited from making any real progress. I could be wrong though.

The Chinese would have come up with something already, it's just too hard in my opinion.

Fall

Reaction score
Aging is build into our DNA it would be hard to alter this. Perhaps there is hope in the future with designer babies. There will still be a lot of conflicts about this process but I think the generation that will be born in 30 years may consists to a large degree from a DNA designed that will make them possible to have a higher IQ and no birth diseases or gene defects or issues (such as male pattern hair loss). Perhaps we can slow down aging and hit the 200 year mark but we will always be old at the end.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Aging is build into our DNA it would be hard to alter this. Perhaps there is hope in the future with designer babies. There will still be a lot of conflicts about this process but I think the generation that will be born in 30 years may consists to a large degree from a DNA designed that will make them possible to have a higher IQ and no birth diseases or gene defects or issues (such as male pattern hair loss). Perhaps we can slow down aging and hit the 200 year mark but we will always be old at the end.

this will never happen, unless illegally. No government would ever pass laws that allow genetic engineering at the developmental level for cosmetic purposes. At least, I hope not.

- - - Updated - - -

That being said - if altering the DNA of your future child to prevent Androgenetic Alopecia was an option, who here would actually do that? I could never do anything like that.