Do you think the cure will be found within our lifetime?

Folliman

Established Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking how people say the cure is always 5 years away and the cycle seems to repeat forever as we lose our precious years of youth. But I think it's realistic to say that the cure is at least within our lifetime.

I imagine it will be so cool when that happens. We are going to be hot middle aged/old men with awesome wizard hair. We are going to be trying tons of cool stuff and I have a feeling we will look better than people that never lost hair because we will just KNOW how to take maximum advantage of the locks that the "hair privileged" have never appreciated.

So I guess it could be worse. Hopefully, the cure will be found sooner than later thanks to science getting closer to it in recent years.

I'm just trying to think positively. Like most of you, I've been really depressed over this BS and I'm trying to cope with it. I'm just accepting that I just spent the later half of my teens and my early twenties (about a decade) worrying about this and not enjoying life.

What do you guys think? Are we going to be the coolest old men or what?:cool:

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
When you're old, wrinkly and saggy, you'll look **** with or without hair. A cure that doesn't come in our youth is worthless.

garyhary

Established Member
Reaction score
I just found an ad for some hair loss that writes about a cure 1979. Seems like people like us were back then already waiting for a cure to come out. 37 years passed and not much as happened. Only finasteride an minoxidil are out now which are rather compromises and quite disappointing if you think that this is all that happened... I believe it is not 5 years away but it is at least 40 years away. Some of us will not survive until then.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
5 years

MickChong

Established Member
Reaction score
I think a scientific cure which gives all individuals their original hair isn't realistic and won't happen. Had it been possible, we would have had a cure a long time ago. That's the bad news. The good news is that hair transplants will improve and methods of planting artificial hair via systems etc should also improve making it possible for everyone to have a full head of hair.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
Hair Follicle which is resistant to dht,even if not by cloning is the best i will want to see develop,nothing else..i do not want any drug that changes my hormonal balance at all...

Folliman

Established Member
Reaction score
When you're old, wrinkly and saggy, you'll look **** with or without hair. A cure that doesn't come in our youth is worthless.

Not necessarily, some people look really good for their age despite the wrinkles. Look at Alan Rickman for example or Pierce Brosnan, Jim Carrey or Gorge Clooney, the list is endless... even the Johnny Depp that all girls love is reaching that age really well. If there's a cure when I'm old I'm not ditching it cause I will look worse without hair, unless you're one case in a million like Patrick Stewart.

If you're talking like REALLY old, look at Ronald Reagan. He died at 90 and yeah he was really wrinkly but dayum look at that hair! I bet he would look really bad bald. George Lucas would also look terrible without his amazing hair and beard, I've seen photoshoped pictures of him without them and yeah he looks like a thumb.

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
Patrick Stewart isn't really one case in a million, he is a good looking guy who went bald before his time.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I find it easier to believe there is no cure, for some reason. Holding out for it would just depress me.

I don't have a clue as to whether there will be or not, and possibly the reason I don't do more research on cures is that I'd just get wrapped up in pointlessly wondering what may work that's coming up.

Folliman

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm just waiting for Replicel to be the thing by 2021 at the latest. If it doesn't yield good results well then I'll be depressed for a while and wait for the prostaglandin guys to do something. Meanwhile I'll keep holding on to the treatments we have now and maybe a hair transplant.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not necessarily, some people look really good for their age despite the wrinkles. Look at Alan Rickman for example or Pierce Brosnan, Jim Carrey or Gorge Clooney, the list is endless... even the Johnny Depp that all girls love is reaching that age really well. If there's a cure when I'm old I'm not ditching it cause I will look worse without hair, unless you're one case in a million like Patrick Stewart.

If you're talking like REALLY old, look at Ronald Reagan. He died at 90 and yeah he was really wrinkly but dayum look at that hair! I bet he would look really bad bald. George Lucas would also look terrible without his amazing hair and beard, I've seen photoshoped pictures of him without them and yeah he looks like a thumb.

When I'm 40 -50 I hope to be done with my youth and starting a family. Before then I need to look good/presentable so I can enjoy my youth and find an attractive wife. finasteride, dutasteride, minoxidil and a hair transplant or two will hold me over until then, but they're far from ideal. If I knew a cure was coming in 15-20 years, I'd go nuts now and have very aggressive hair transplants, bit instead I have to assume no cure and get a conservative hair transplant and hope it fixes my problem.

Cold Winter

Reaction score
20 years ago they hoped a cure would exist by now, probably were absolutely certain of it. We've been balding since the dawn of time, since man was cursed during the Dark Ages for his sinful ways. Priests would shave their heads and say it was for "a religious" reason when in fact they were ashamed of balding. Jews wore Yamukah's and said it was for a religious reason when in fact they were, too, ashamed of balding. It has been with us for a long time.

My guess is this isn't going away soon.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

In 20 years we will have extensive anti aging technology as well though. I am 33 and starting to look like I am 50. When I am 50, I want to look like I am 30 again. haha

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about how fat people, when they put on weight, their skin stretches and never goes back down again. They have to get bits of skin cut off in order to reduce hanging skin.
Why can't they stretch the hairy parts of the scalp skin over a period of time, then cut out the bald middle, and join the two sides up. Kind of like a scalp reduction but stretching the skin beforehand so you can cover the entire scalp and not just some of it.
Working out how to stretch the skin over time is the difficult bit but surely it can be done ?

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was thinking about how fat people, when they put on weight, their skin stretches and never goes back down again. They have to get bits of skin cut off in order to reduce hanging skin.
Why can't they stretch the hairy parts of the scalp skin over a period of time, then cut out the bald middle, and join the two sides up. Kind of like a scalp reduction but stretching the skin beforehand so you can cover the entire scalp and not just some of it.
Working out how to stretch the skin over time is the difficult bit but surely it can be done ?

Because the resultant hair density would be ****.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
The only way a cure in our lifetime would be found is if a cure for mortality was discovered first. That includes having your brain put in a robot with hair!
arkiv_goldar07.jpg