Do You Think I've Retrograde Alopecia? Sorry I'm New So Yea

Pratyush07

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So i was reading this article about retrograde alopecia and started to wonder if i might have it, am i overthinking? Is it normal to see this much scalp in pony?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
So i was reading this article about retrograde alopecia and started to wonder if i might have it, am i overthinking? Is it normal to see this much scalp in pony?
No retrograde alopecia. And from those photos, you look like more like a NW2 and your density is excellent. You have fine hair so it's going to show some scalp. It's amazing how curly hair will trick you into believing it's super thick but when it's straight it looks thinner. I used to work with this girl who would straighten her hair and it would look thin. But when she let it go curly naturally, her hair looked so thick you could never see scalp.

Pratyush07

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No retrograde alopecia. And from those photos, you look like more like a NW2 and your density is excellent. You have fine hair so it's going to show some scalp. It's amazing how curly hair will trick you into believing it's super thick but when it's straight it looks thinner. I used to work with this girl who would straighten her hair and it would look thin. But when she let it go curly naturally, her hair looked so thick you could never see scalp.
Oh yes usually when you've long hair especially in pony or man bun u can trick anyone into knowing ur real norwood for some reason hair appears thickers, that's the reason last year i thought im norwood 1.5-2 and i dont need consultation from Doctor as it might be mature hairline but then when i squeezed the uppertop i realized im fucked, took the appointment, she checked my hair from some mini camera sorta thingy which showed my scalp to her on screen and she said I've androgenic alopecia and i should start duta soon, but i wanted to try finasteride first few years and save duta for last, so far no sides from fina