Do You Think I Would Be A Good Candidate For Toppik? | HairLossTalk Forums

Do You Think I Would Be A Good Candidate For Toppik?

Discussion in 'Concealers & Styling Products' started by PappinAce, Dec 15, 2017.

1. PappinAce

PappinAce Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    here is a pic i took in the mirror. my hair has been diffused over the past few years in a way comparable to Rafael Nadal’s but i still have relatively full coverage. hair line could be better but at least it’s intact at like a nw2.

but i feel my quality of life could be improved if i could somehow fill in that crown. the way i see it this is the male equivalent of using makeup to cover up a flaw and feel better about yourself.

what do you think? could it work for me? do you get black stuff on your hands if you touch your head on days you apply it?

thanks for reading and good luck to y’all in your hair loss battles.

Attached Files:

2. buckthorn

buckthorn Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    perfect candidate. i have about 50% of that and that is when it becomes really noticeable.

PappinAce likes this.
  3. Arko

Arko Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    One of my acquaintance applies Caboki (similar to toppik) from what I have noticed it does come out when it is exposed to water or any sort of heavy moisture like sweat. Other than that it does stay intact. If you are comfortable shielding your head during rainy seasons then you should go for it since by judging the pic you posted your crown looks perfect for Toppik!!

PappinAce likes this.
  4. Arko

Arko Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    P.S. I hope you are onto some sort of regimen though because I am pretty sure that crown and the hairline would only go worse and by then even hair fibres won't be able to conceal them.

5. PappinAce

PappinAce Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    great, i’ll give it a try! thanks for the advice.

6. Bklyn_23

Bklyn_23 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    He's a good candidate, I agree, but only if he uses it a bit further back from his hairline (or only on his crown). His hairline is thinner than mine, and whenever I use Toppik anywhere near it, it doesn't bind to the hair - it just falls and sits on the scalp, making it very obvious. You say that you have even thinner hair than his - are you able to use Toppik near the hairline? I ask because if so I'm curious about your technique - maybe I'm applying it improperly.

7. HillTopLumber

HillTopLumber Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Applying Toppik to a hairline is a nightmare. Ive been using it for years and still haven't found a good way to apply it there. I recently bought a product called Dermatch, it is much more suited for hairlines. I haven't tried it yet so I cant vouch for it but you might want to give it a try if you are desperate to conceal your hairline like me.

8. ZZmop

ZZmop Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Also not great for hairlines if thin and wispy. If you apply it as stated in the instructions, it just looks like splotched paint on the scalp. I’ve had to change to slow and dry application, which only makes a negligible cosmetic improvement.

Bklyn_23 likes this.
  9. HillTopLumber

HillTopLumber Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hmm that's worrying, guess I'll have to stick with being a hat slave then, it was the last hope I had, cost me $45 too.

10. Bklyn_23

Bklyn_23 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Thanks, but yeah I’ve tried dermatch too, and it’s no better at the hairline if you’re too thin there. I echo what ZZmop said above.