Do You Think I Would Be A Good Candidate For Toppik?

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
here is a pic i took in the mirror. my hair has been diffused over the past few years in a way comparable to Rafael Nadal’s but i still have relatively full coverage. hair line could be better but at least it’s intact at like a nw2.

but i feel my quality of life could be improved if i could somehow fill in that crown. the way i see it this is the male equivalent of using makeup to cover up a flaw and feel better about yourself.

what do you think? could it work for me? do you get black stuff on your hands if you touch your head on days you apply it?

thanks for reading and good luck to y’all in your hair loss battles.

Attachments

• 52D7E909-9A2C-47C6-886E-E6A505623661.jpeg
    52D7E909-9A2C-47C6-886E-E6A505623661.jpeg
    109.8 KB · Views: 1,203

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
perfect candidate. i have about 50% of that and that is when it becomes really noticeable.

Arko

My Regimen
Reaction score
One of my acquaintance applies Caboki (similar to toppik) from what I have noticed it does come out when it is exposed to water or any sort of heavy moisture like sweat. Other than that it does stay intact. If you are comfortable shielding your head during rainy seasons then you should go for it since by judging the pic you posted your crown looks perfect for Toppik!!

Arko

My Regimen
Reaction score
P.S. I hope you are onto some sort of regimen though because I am pretty sure that crown and the hairline would only go worse and by then even hair fibres won't be able to conceal them.

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One of my acquaintance applies Caboki (similar to toppik) from what I have noticed it does come out when it is exposed to water or any sort of heavy moisture like sweat. Other than that it does stay intact. If you are comfortable shielding your head during rainy seasons then you should go for it since by judging the pic you posted your crown looks perfect for Toppik!!

great, i’ll give it a try! thanks for the advice.

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
perfect candidate. i have about 50% of that and that is when it becomes really noticeable.

He's a good candidate, I agree, but only if he uses it a bit further back from his hairline (or only on his crown). His hairline is thinner than mine, and whenever I use Toppik anywhere near it, it doesn't bind to the hair - it just falls and sits on the scalp, making it very obvious. You say that you have even thinner hair than his - are you able to use Toppik near the hairline? I ask because if so I'm curious about your technique - maybe I'm applying it improperly.

ZZmop

Established Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a product called Dermatch, it is much more suited for hairlines. I haven't tried it yet so I cant vouch for it but you might want to give it a try if you are desperate to conceal your hairline like me.

Also not great for hairlines if thin and wispy. If you apply it as stated in the instructions, it just looks like splotched paint on the scalp. I’ve had to change to slow and dry application, which only makes a negligible cosmetic improvement.

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Applying Toppik to a hairline is a nightmare. Ive been using it for years and still haven't found a good way to apply it there. I recently bought a product called Dermatch, it is much more suited for hairlines. I haven't tried it yet so I cant vouch for it but you might want to give it a try if you are desperate to conceal your hairline like me.

Thanks, but yeah I’ve tried dermatch too, and it’s no better at the hairline if you’re too thin there. I echo what ZZmop said above.