Do You Think Finasteride Will Work For Me?

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in my early 40s and have been losing since my mid 20s. I am thinking of finally trying finasteride. Photos attached. Do you think I will benefit? I am concerned my odds of responding are hurt by starting so late. Also if minoxidil has stopped working on it's own should you still use it when starting up finasteride?
HT2.jpg
HT1.jpg

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I would try it. There have been some cases where some improved from a similar situation.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is starting in 40’s a response factor?

I have read a few examples that aggressive loss usually equals a poor response? I’m 1.6 years in and have lost 60% density and hairline creeping up fast.

8 months of minoxidil and things have only gotten much worse.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Is starting in 40’s a response factor?

I have read a few examples that aggressive loss usually equals a poor response? I’m 1.6 years in and have lost 60% density and hairline creeping up fast.

8 months of minoxidil and things have only gotten much worse.
No one can predict how you will respond but the longer the loss, the harder to recover.

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
my hair loss has been very slow, almost to the point where I've convinced myself it has stopped every few years. i actually have hair follicles everywhere they just refuse to die completely.

i just discovered two of my best friends have been on finasteride for 1yr+ with no sides.