Do you tell your girlfriend you're on propecia?

jayC99

Established Member
Reaction score
Or do you keep it a secret? Even if she lives with you, should you come clean or try to hide it. I mean, is she really going to want to stay with a guy who has male pattern baldness and will eventually be bald? If I was in her shoes I know I wouldn't.

Discuss.

supernova

Established Member
Reaction score
When I was 19 I wouldn't dare let a soul know about propecia. These days (I'm 23 now), I'll openly talk about it. People don't believe it I'm losing my hair, but certain hair styling can do wonders!

sdgsxr

Reaction score
I am 19 and wont tell a soul ( except for my imediate family).... maybe once I got a serious girl friend, I would let her know.

VWdude

Reaction score
supernova said:
When I was 19 I wouldn't dare let a soul know about propecia. These days (I'm 23 now), I'll openly talk about it. People don't believe it I'm losing my hair, but certain hair styling can do wonders!

Right on the dot!

Melbs

Established Member
Reaction score
Was with a girl for nearly 2 years and when she confronted me one day about it when it slipped i was taking this pill... i told her it was for a sinus problem i had. From then on... thats what she thought... but she never knew what it was for. i also never openly take it infront of her though...

Full Head of Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't tell anyone. Only my immediate family knows.

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Only I know about it. As for telling a girlfriend, it would have to depend on the girl, trustworthy, a good person or just a good f***?

HairyPotter

Established Member
Reaction score
I havent told my girlfriend about, nor do I plan on doing so... I havent even told my family about it.

I plan on telling my future wife though, if Im still taking it by the time Im married (Dont plan on marrying til Im in my 30's)

VWdude

Reaction score
I don't think it will shock my girlfriend or anything, she's very understanding and supportive. Even though I havent told her yet, I believe that she won't think of me any different.

truking10

Established Member
Reaction score
i start it tomorow and im sure ill tell my mom which means my brothers will know then my dad will know my dad will make a crack at me at a family dinner everyone will then know and ill pretend like i think its as funny as they think it is

G

truking10 said:
i start it tomorow and im sure ill tell my mom which means my brothers will know then my dad will know my dad will make a crack at me at a family dinner everyone will then know and ill pretend like i think its as funny as they think it is

don't tell your mother then.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I hide it from my girlfriend. I don´t like the image of a self-comcious guy who is taking meds for his hair.

I hide it from my family. I don´t want my mommy telling me every day "you´r f*****g your health just for your hair" or my daddy "why you so stupid? Why are you taking snake oils for hair? don´t you know there´s nothing to do with baldness?"

I hide it from my friends. I don´t like the idea of being the centre of countless jokes about pills, hair and homosexuality. Even some of them have serious norwoods running in their heads.

But I feel Ok about it. I think treatment it´s the most clever option if you´r worried about it. And I know my girlfriend, my family and my friends prefer me with hair.

misterium

Reaction score
I don't say anything to anybody because I don't care to bring up my personal care habbits... just like I wouldn't bring up what type of toothpaste I use.

I don't hear anybody talking about their heart medication or their weight loss pills, so I treat Propecia the same way... it's not important to bring up, simply because it's not important to anybody but myself.

However, if somebody makes a statement such as "Your hair is thinning", then I do say something like, "Yeah it will grow back though, I take Propecia." .. something of that nature.

Either way, I don't share my personal medical information with anybody, unless they ask... which is rare.

j25

Established Member
Reaction score
Haven't told a single soul, but sometimes i feel tempted to tell a friend who's hair is thinning with a whispering voice: 'Hey man, there's something out there that actually works..'
Always changed my mind, though.

G

I don't go out of my way to tell people, but I don't hide it Gunner-style. I leave my bottlles of Minoxidil lying in plain view in my bathroom; housemates must have noticed but have never said anything

Stokes

Established Member
Reaction score
I live with 2 other flatmates, I leave my propecia and minoxidil lying around for anyone to see. I don't really care. I wouldn't make a big deal of it, I doubt she is going to care, you are trying to improve the way you look she will love it.

I don't hide it, I just don't tell anyone and if they ask then I say what it is, and then they just say, really you don't need to be on that or something kind like that. I have told my ex girlfriend about it and she was fine with it. She was even fine when I had my front tooth out and looked like a pirate for a while haha.

Go hard man no-one cares except yourself.....

my mates give me sh*t, but if you can't laugh at yourself then you truley have problems.

If she asks about it tell her, don't make it a big deal, she prob doesn't even know what it is.

amrod

Established Member
Reaction score
omg

only my parents and a few internet friends know about it

although people know im self conscious about my hair because i wild out whenever someone asks me to take my hat off or tries to flip it off

my hairloss has caused huge problems with me and my girlfriend - for example i refuse to let her stay over and i had to explain i was self conscious about my hairline but i woudlnt actually tell her im going bald and on medication

its f*****g hard work - i even keep a hat on when im having sex :(

oni

Reaction score
I have told my two dogs :shock: but they just wagged their tails :roll: