Do you need to take finasteride with a transplant or not?

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah you should be on it for at least a year before considering a transplant

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm planning to go for a hair transplant without finasteride. In the worst case, it can't be worse than being bald. Anything is better than this.
Do your homework. I think Indians like yourself tend to have dark hair that blends well with dark skin. Maybe you can buzz it like this but I will warn you, I don't think it will solve all your problems.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anything is better than being bald? Except for taking finasteride apparently.
Yeah. I've seen photos of him. I think with finasteride he could hit norwood 5 again since he is a diffused thinner. Maybe 4 if he is lucky. Then add a hair transplant and he's got ok coverage.

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
that also depends on for long he is at his current state and how much is slick bald...

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't tolerate finasteride but had transplants and I'm doing fine. My hair loss has stabilized and I started using minoxidil for extra gains.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
I really believe that, for myself, that the chances of serious side effects with finasteride are too high. I argued that I have been unlucky in everything else so why wouldn't I be unsuccessful with finasteride too? Changing the hormones is always scary for me. Also, how about the unknown unknowns such as fertility or birth defects (main reason for me to have hair is so that I can have a family)? That was my thinking when I decided not to use finasteride. It's each person's own personal decision.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really believe that, for myself, that the chances of serious side effects with finasteride are too high. I argued that I have been unlucky in everything else so why wouldn't I be unsuccessful with finasteride too? Changing the hormones is always scary for me. Also, how about the unknown unknowns such as fertility or birth defects (main reason for me to have hair is so that I can have a family)? That was my thinking when I decided not to use finasteride. It's each person's own personal decision.
I've tried oral finasteride twice, unfortunately it gives me side effects and nukes my libido. I can try topical finasteride next but some of it still goes to the bloodstream so it's likely I'll still have side effects. My transplant isn't going away in the next few years though so for now I'm fine.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've tried oral finasteride twice, unfortunately it gives me side effects and nukes my libido. I can try topical finasteride next but some of it still goes to the bloodstream so it's likely I'll still have side effects. My transplant isn't going away in the next few years though so for now I'm fine.
Have you tried Monday/ Wednesday/ Friday regimen?

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Much better with and being a responder to meds, but depends too, can get by with just transplants, hair density may vary though significantly depending on balding pattern and donor availability. Rooney got screwed hard without medication, he had a pretty nice Norwood 2 frame put in but his hair is a mess now. I can't believe he is 80-90% grey already too in his early 30s!