Do You Guys See Improvement? (20 Y/o)

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its posts like these that really make me want to start dutasteride.. Maybe one day. Nonetheless this is clear evidence to support that dutasteride can work when finasteride does nothing.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its posts like these that really make me want to start dutasteride.. Maybe one day. Nonetheless this is clear evidence to support that dutasteride can work when finasteride does nothing.
I’m switching over in a few months if I continue to lose.
UPDATE - 4 Months on Dutasteride
So I've been taking 0.5 mg Dutasteride every day for 4 months now with no sides to report on. Pretty happy with the results so far, considering that Finasteride did almost nothing for me. My right temple definitely improved since starting duta + dermarolling. It'd be amazing if I can maintain on duta, but only time will tell I guess. Can't wait to see the results after 1 year :D

Left Temple
March 2018 View attachment 99709

Today September 22nd 2018View attachment 99708

Right Temple
May 30th 2018
View attachment 99707

Today September 22nd 2018
View attachment 99706
Your overall density looked great from the start, but do you think there was any improvement in your crown/vertex area?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m switching over in a few months if I continue to lose.
You really should give finasteride at least a year, but if you do decide to make the switch then gradually drop finasteride first while introducing dutasteride.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
You really should give finasteride at least a year, but if you do decide to make the switch then gradually drop finasteride first while introducing dutasteride.
I’ll definitely stick with it for the first 6 months. If I see a continued decrease in shedding then I’ll hang on. I’ve been getting about 20 hairs in the shower :). Do you recommend introducing minoxidil before dutasteride if I’m still shedding? Reasoning for dutasteride is to decrease shedding, which is surely more important than regrowth at this stage of the game.

Sorry OP I’d hate to derail your thread. I still have the question above regarding your overall density, thanks.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ll definitely stick with it for the first 6 months. If I see a continued decrease in shedding then I’ll hang on. I’ve been getting about 20 hairs in the shower :). Do you recommend introducing minoxidil before dutasteride if I’m still shedding? Reasoning for dutasteride is to decrease shedding, which is surely more important than regrowth at this stage of the game.

Sorry OP I’d hate to derail your thread. I still have the question above regarding your overall density, thanks.
I personally think you should try dutasteride before minoxidil. Its strange how people advocate minoxidil as a first line of defense treatment.. ( outside of the obvious minor side effects. )