Do You Guys Reckon I Should Kill Myself? [diagnosed With Herpes]

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,
This isn't a joke.
I don't really know who else to talk to.

I was recently diagnosed with herpes.
I can't believe it.
I'm still in shock.
Now i'm not longer a balding manlet (5'7) but a balding manlet with herpes.

I've been taking hit after hit but i don't think i can get up anymore.

This is the lowest point of my life.
There's been times where i've contemplated suicide but i've never had the guts to act out on my thoughts. I feel different now. A serene calm feeling. Life wasn't made for me.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,
This isn't a joke.
I don't really know who else to talk to.

I was recently diagnosed with herpes.
I can't believe it.
I'm still in shock.
Now i'm not longer a balding manlet (5'7) but a balding manlet with herpes.

I've been taking hit after hit but i don't think i can get up anymore.

This is the lowest point of my life.
There's been times where i've contemplated suicide but i've never had the guts to act out on my thoughts. I feel different now. A serene calm feeling. Life wasn't made for me.

Do you know if it was HSV2 or HSV1?

I've researched herpes extensively as its one of my fears. About 80% of the adult population has HSV1, usually orally as cold sores. About 20% of the adult population has HSV2, usually genitally.

The point is either way this is a very common virus that a large percent of the population has. Most people that have it don't even know or tell themselves they don't have it because they don't want to know.

Moat people never get recurrent outbreaks. If you do you can take valtrex to suppress the virus or treat it when you have outbreaks.

There are some cutting edge vaccines coming out in the next few years possibly that can be used both to prevent herpes and treat people that have it.

Fear of herpes is one of the main reasons I have never banged a hooker. But at the end of the day it's a very common disease because it's so easy to transmit. It's not lifethreatening. And if you're on suppressive therapy it's not likely you'll give it to anyone else.

I certainly wouldnt get too worked up over it. It can happen to anyone.

You may never even have another outbreak. Try to be patient and calm. Life can change a lot. Wait to see what happens with this. Try some more hair treatments.

I cant tell you the joy of getting your hair under control. It makes you serene but in a good way. If you need any advice on hair treatments let me know any time. Im sure we can find an approach that will work for you.

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys,
I feel a lot better.
I didn't really have anyone else to turn to except for a few guys on a hair loss forum. I'm glad i did though. I've come to terms with what i have and realised it's not really a big deal.

Only issue is telling a potential date about my situation. I don't really know how i'd go about this lol

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel a lot better.
I didn't really have anyone else to turn to except for a few guys on a hair loss forum. I'm glad i did though. I've come to terms with what i have and realised it's not really a big deal.

Only issue is telling a potential date about my situation. I don't really know how i'd go about this lol

Well which one is it? Hsv1 or hsv2?

If it's hsv1 you don't even have to say anything since 80% of people have that virus already.

If it's hsv2 you can go on valtrex suppressive therapy and then your risk of transmission is damn near zero as long as you aren't having an outbreak.

You may never have another episode again.

INT

Reaction score
Here I am, hearing next week if I have testicular cancer and some f*****g weak pussy is contemplating suicide because of herpes.

If you really want to commit suicide WHICH I DO NOT RECOMMEND, at least do it because you are a weak pussy, not because of herpes

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score

Alternative

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
All sl*ts have herpes.
Why the f*** you should kill yourself, it's curable.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel a lot better.

There is a big debate about this at the moment on whether you should inform people of previous STI's.

Legally you only have to mention HIV at the moment.

I actually have HSV1 but I'm asymptomatic (sores on the lip but I don't actually get them) and I opt not to tell people.

Its a personal decision; for me, I would tell someone if I had active HSV 2 because that's something that people would like to know about it.

If you type in HSV informing date and reddit into google you will get lots of interesting comments and you can learn a lot of the arguments for and against.

Basically it isn't a legal decision but a moral decision and one which only you can make.

blackg

Reaction score
There is a big debate about this at the moment on whether you should inform people of previous STI's.

Legally you only have to mention HIV at the moment.

I actually have HSV1 but I'm asymptomatic (sores on the lip but I don't actually get them) and I opt not to tell people.

Its a personal decision; for me, I would tell someone if I had active HSV 2 because that's something that people would like to know about it.

If you type in HSV informing date and reddit into google you will get lots of interesting comments and you can learn a lot of the arguments for and against.

Basically it isn't a legal decision but a moral decision and one which only you can make.
I wouldn't come near you if I was a woman.