Do you ever think about how long you'll wear a hair piece for?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree but that's the point I'm making if you go down the path of 'this might be dangerous but we simply don't know' how many other things will you do everyday that will in the future be found to increase things like cancers.

I'm intrigued, is there a certain attachment that is the safest (clips aside) unless that's what you meant and that's what you use.
Who said might be? The chemicals leaching into our bodies absolutely is harmful. Whether or not it's enough to progresses to cancer or death...is what's possible...

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Some food for thought. BPA a in plastic bottles has been a major issue, and is a selling point on many products that are PB free. If you agree with the science that PBA leaches into the water, what makes you think the glue and Poly are not leaching chemicals into your bloodstream , through your dermis?
My first thought when beginning all this. Ruled out plastic bases right away. Can't mess with my hormones and become even more beeta.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I agree but that's the point I'm making if you go down the path of 'this might be dangerous but we simply don't know' how many other things will you do everyday that will in the future be found to increase things like cancers.

I'm intrigued, is there a certain attachment that is the safest (clips aside) unless that's what you meant and that's what you use.
Ghostbond. Water based adhesives that contain nothing more than polyacrylate and water.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
Who said might be? The chemicals leaching into our bodies absolutely is harmful. Whether or not it's enough to progresses to cancer or death...is what's possible...
You said and 'as many issues as it can potentially cause' - this is what I'm trying to say. If you think it might cause something then where do you draw the line? as practically everything you do on a daily basis may potentially cause problems in the future.

Ghostbond. Water based adhesives that contain nothing more than polyacrylate and water.
Would you say they are safer than tapes?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
You said and 'as many issues as it can potentially cause' - this is what I'm trying to say. If you think it might cause something then where do you draw the line? as practically everything you do on a daily basis may potentially cause problems in the future.

What is safer than tapes? White bond, yes. Acrylic and silicone no.

I'm sure you can tell, my position is not to tell people not to wear and to hide in a safe house. However, what strikes me is when people say "oh it's safe, if not we'd know by now." That is just a foolish and ignorant statement and could not be further from reality.

I'm wearing, and I repeatedly say that to show I'm not pointing the finger, saying.. people that wear shouldn't....I'm doing the same thing. However, to deny reality, is what I take issue with.

To say everything we do on a basis could cause harm is a silly statement. Driving a vehicle can lead to death however you mitigate by wearing a seat belt and following traffic laws. Unless I'm misunderstanding you I feel like you're saying go out and drive as recklessly as you want because something's going to get you one way or the other. That I don't agree with.

I advocate for white glue although I don't use it. It does not work with my particular chemistry which is unfortunate.
I agree there's many harmful things out there but you should always pick the least harmful option

Fanjeera

Reaction score

Because tapes don't even list the ingredients they are made of, it's hard to tell. Tape material itself is plastic though which can be estrogenic. With the same idea I ruled out plastic bases, I ruled out using tape. Although, lace probably isn't a natural substance either, probably polyester or something? It's still more similar to clothe than obvious plastic. Also a lot less surface.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score

I'm sure you can tell, my position is not to tell people not to wear and to hide in a safe house. However, what strikes me is when people say "oh it's safe, if not we'd know by now." That is just a foolish and ignorant statement and could not be further from reality.

I'm wearing, and I repeatedly say that to show I'm not pointing the finger, saying.. people that wear shouldn't....I'm doing the same thing. However, to deny reality, is what I take issue with.

To say everything we do on a basis could cause harm is a silly statement. Driving a vehicle can lead to death however you mitigate by wearing a seat belt and following traffic laws. Unless I'm misunderstanding you I feel like you're saying go out and drive as recklessly as you want because something's going to get you one way or the other. That I don't agree with.

I advocate for white glue although I don't use it. It does not work with my particular chemistry which is unfortunate.
I agree there's many harmful things out there but you should always pick the least harmful option
No I didn't mean that but i won't repeat myself and fill the forum up. Thanks for the info on tape's. I might try ghostbond. I actually didn't know that people might use glue all over. I used tape for convenience but i'll give ghostbond a go and see what its like.

Trying to source some in Europe, i looked at Ghostbond UK, its part of the Prohair Labs range - would people say this is a reputable supplier?, I'm just trying to avoid any fakes.

thanks.

Last edited:

Hair system talk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Would you say a full scalp bond of Ghostbond would be safer than just a perimeter bond of tape in terms of avoiding endocrine damage?