Do You Dye Your Grey Hair? (more Words)

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
starting to get the dreaded grey hairs, but that's OK. It's a much easier problem to solve than male pattern baldness

First I noticed nostril hairs turning grey. Then a white hair grew on my balls. Now it's inevitably hit my head hair

does anybody here dye their hair? What are the best products to use? How long does the dye last once you've applied it?

Last edited:

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
starting to get the dreaded grey hairs, but that's OK. It's a much easier problem to solve than male pattern baldness

First I noticed nostril hairs turning grey. Then a white hair grew on my balls. Now it's inevitably hit my head hair

does anybody here dye their hair? What are the best products to use? How long does the dye last once you've applied it?
Hey QC, Long time no see! How are you? I use Paul Mitchell N plus color for gray since its chemically the most gentle on hair but I get mine professional done. Just for Men is a good start. I did that for many years. I got tired of the mess so I just have someone apply it for me. How old are you now?

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
Hey QC, Long time no see! How are you? I use Paul Mitchell N plus color for gray since its chemically the most gentle on hair but I get mine professional done. Just for Men is a good start. I did that for many years. I got tired of the mess so I just have someone apply it for me. How old are you now?

Hi Dóc

I'm 36 now. Still hanging on with the finasteride and keeping my fingers crossed. Stopped taking all antidepressant meds and I feel better for it

I didn't think about getting a pro to dye it - might speak to my hairdresser next time

I'm going to pick up some Just For Men first and try myself. I guess it's easy just to follow the instructions. Is dye something you have to apply every day? To the whole head or just the greying hairs?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hi Dóc

I'm 36 now. Still hanging on with the finasteride and keeping my fingers crossed. Stopped taking all antidepressant meds and I feel better for it

I didn't think about getting a pro to dye it - might speak to my hairdresser next time

I'm going to pick up some Just For Men first and try myself. I guess it's easy just to follow the instructions. Is dye something you have to apply every day? To the whole head or just the greying hairs?
Just for Men can be applied all over. I think it made start to fade by 2 to 4 weeks. Been a long time since I used it. I just color my gray roots as they come in. Unfortunately, my hair grows fast so those gray roots appear fast. Your hair stylist is trained to color your hair and make it look natural.

Glad to hear about your recovery and not having to take antidepressants anymore. You obviously found another way to control your bouts of depression or changed your perspectives.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just for Men has two hair dyes. One of them only targets some of the gray hair.

It is a good product. I use that. But I go very dark (put it on multiple times in a span of
weeks).

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
so can you just put dye on the few hairs that are greying? Is it a spray?

I guess it means I'm going to have to study my hair up close which I hate doing :oops:

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been going grey for about 2 years now but noticed that since starting Zix protocol my hair seems to be getting darker. Everything else still grey though! I wonder if zinc could have something to do with it as Thymulin seems to reverse greyness.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have some grey hairs on the side of my head(not alot) at 29, i just use just for men control gx shampoo, it helps them blend in.