Do Women like Balding Men?

iwanthair

Reaction score
Im a 17 year old guy. I need an opinion from girls around my age. Do I keep my visibly thinning hair, or do i just shave it? What would look better?

Would you still get toegther with a kid with thinning hair or deny him because of it?

bobisa

Reaction score
hey

I'm so sorry that you posted so long ago and no one answered. If you're losing your hair to the point that it's uncomfortable to you then YES!. I used to date a guy who's cousin was quite young and his hair was thining dramatically and it made him look ALOT older. One new year's eve he got drunk and shaved it all off and WOW it COMPLETELY changed his looks. I actually really looked at him in a different light for the first time and now he's considered hot as opposed to 'the guy who's trying to hard to cover up his hair loss'.....shave it off, loads ofguys do it and it may change your appearance for the better.
good luck to you and I sincerelyhope you get this post.

as for other's who haven't written you.....shame on all of you, if you're on this URL then you know what this guy's going through!

lisa

RecedingBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
i guess what you really mean to ask is are they attracted to balding men?

I think you know the answer to that.

Balding is one part of the individual. She may be attracted to his sensitivity, humor, muscles, dick, eyes, features, height, complexion, clothes, $$$, car, heck even accent.

Is balding something she IS attracted to? Of course not. No one is. "Oh yeah, baby your cul-de-sac looks way HOTTT!!!"

what i know i need to be doing, which i'm not cuz i've always been a lazy ***, is working out, dressing better, focusing on making big bucks, being a better human, etc. (that was in no order, i think being a good person is probably THE most important thing.)

BASICALLY, improve EVERYTHING else except my hair. sure, i'm trying to combat hairloss, but it hasn't gone very far. most of the times i'm depressed. i used to be very good looking and the guy that made funof others. now i'm in a situation to be made fun of and all these years of being a superficial, cliquish, elitist, guy, which i still am btw, has developed my confidence and threshold for criticism to about ZERO. I'll have to face the music. Kinda wish i WASN'T popular in high school, wish i wasn't good looking, drove a nice car, got girls etc... cuz once you've been 'spoiled,' coping with something this makes it harder. My inner strength and confidence never fully developed. In retrospect, i give so much respect to those dorks in High school who never let it get them down, at least i don't think it got them down. confidence is SOOOOO g damn important.

Boy, balding matures you real fast though! I don't crack on anyone nearly as much as i used to, either out of fear for getting cracked on, or, what i really think, i've become more sympathetic to human suffering. i'm no longer the rich, good looking guy i once was. and when i do business its really bad because i can't focus on anything even though i'm super smart. i'm not just bragging, i really am. all it takes is one of my co-workers one, non chalant, gaze at my hairline while we are discussing a project for me to lose my chain of thought and start thinking negative thoughts again. and they really dont mean it! its just natural i guess!

bobisa

Reaction score
incorrect my friend

being a female, i have to disagree.
There are loads of guys who choose to be bald,actually shave off their hair when it was perfectly intact in the first place. People in general have their like's/dislikes in appearance. I've seen many men i was attracted to and thought were very good looking. It's how you carry yourself. The average Joe on the street has no idea if you were balding prematurely or if your gutsy and just shaved it off. God, I know sooooo many men who do it just because they want to.
Lessee: Jean Luc Picard, Micheal Stipe (REM), sh*t, too many to go on and on and on and
you get the drift

RecedingBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
bobisa:

i'm not talking about shaved heads. i'm talking about typical bald. Meaning the cul de sac thing going on, or heavy receding to the point where the hair looks like shiite. Read my post carefully. I'm not suggesting that women can't be attracted to a guy like that, but I'm saying that is one thing they won't be attracted to.

i agree though, if you are at that point it is better to shave it off. Stipe shaved cuz he's bald i think. I remember he used to wear hats all the time. some people, it just suits them well. Vin diesel for example. Can you imagine how bad he would look WITH hair?

moptop

Reaction score
I read a magazine interview with Patrick Stewart (Picard) where he said he had lost all his hair on top by the time he was 19. In Star Trek, he had his remaining hair cut short but not shaved.

Is it true that Vin Diesel has a full head of hair and chooses to shave it?

I get the point but would like to know whether there's anybody famous who chooses baldness over having hair.

bobisa

Reaction score
recedingboy,
yes I realize that, my point however was, if it's visibly noticeable or you're just now realizing that it's thining and at the point you feel uncomfortable then shave it!
...there is a difference between being brave enough to shave it off than being 'forced' to by thining. If you catch it on time then no one will realize you did it because you HAD to.

RecedingBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
bobisa,

I agree and thats why i say if you think you have a good head for shaving, do it early. Even if you will try to combat hairloss with the drugs, go ahead and shave it if you know it will suit you.

Couple reasons:

a) Its in.

b) Easier to apply minoxidil, other topicals.

c) Easy to get ready.

d) If you do get bald, it won't stand out as much as if you had a full head of hair one year and you're bald the next. most people won't notice it because it wouldn't have been a big difference.

e) Some girls dig it.

No, I do think Vin Diesel is balding. I read he is half white half black so i am suprised that he is balding, i haven't seen a lot of bald black guys... hmm or maybe i have but they shave?? anyways, i saw him on the mtv music awards and i'm pretty sure i saw a bald spot in the back.

but moptop, the guy still looks better than 99% of other guys out there, those with hair, and i've seen an old movie of him in "breakin in the u.s.a." go check it out btw, its hilarious, and he has kinky hair and he looks better now.

FunkyMonkey

Reaction score
I personally like guys with clean shaven heads, especially if their head has a nice, even shape to it! If you feel that you would look better that way, then do it! If you present yourself with confidence, women will be attracted to you anyway! I don't know about other women, but as for me, I'm far more concerned about what a guy has going on INSIDE his head! :D