Do We Need To Wash Hair Daily After Toppik Usage?

Mary_143

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started using Toppik for the first time yesterday.
after i applied, I didn't wash my hair till now.

Do we need to wash the hair daily after Toppik usage?.
I also started to feel that the scalp is dry.

Please suggest...Is it safe to use Toppik on a daily basis?

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use Toppik daily and I do wash it out when I get home every day. Can you keep it for next day? Sure, why not. If you don't use excess amounts, you will probably not shed it on your pillow unless you rub your head in your sleep. It can however get slightly itchy at times, so spending half the day without it feels nice.

Mary_143

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you.. I am reading that some people experience more thinning after applying Fibers?...
Is this true?

Curious to know...when toppers of high quality are available...any reason..why some members are choosing concealers?

Any negative effect in using toppers?

Trying to understand as i am relative new to hair loss.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you.. I am reading that some people experience more thinning after applying Fibers?...
Is this true?

Curious to know...when toppers of high quality are available...any reason..why some members are choosing concealers?

Any negative effect in using toppers?

Trying to understand as i am relative new to hair loss.

Because people have varying degrees of thinning. If I lay my hair flat, I look like a Norwood 0.5 that isn't balding. When I style up hair upwards, you can see the scalp in the front so I choose to use concealer because of that but yes, some people use concealers when they have like 10% hair left on the scalp, they should probably consider a system. I can also understand why people don't wanna use a system either, it doesn't necessarily make them comfortable, it feels fake and not like them. When using a concealer, you still feel like yourself generally.

TheMechanic

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started using Toppik for the first time yesterday.
after i applied, I didn't wash my hair till now.

Do we need to wash the hair daily after Toppik usage?.
I also started to feel that the scalp is dry.

Please suggest...Is it safe to use Toppik on a daily basis?

For Toppik, and all other concealers, I would recommend washing your hair daily, especially if you use other styling products, like pomade or hairspray. This is because, especially when using additional products, spending more than 24 hours (and sleeping) with the concealer in, can result in a strange patchy look up-close, especially if your hair loss is in the hairline. It also depends on your level of hair loss.

So yes, I would recommend washing your hair gently every morning during your shower, with both Nizoral shampoo and conditioner, then reapplying all your concealer and styling products afterward.

djhype

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
topic is fine but dont use any hair sprays or gels without washing them out at least with water.

They could stick to your pillow and contribute to more hairfall.