Do u think theres gonna be a cure in 20 years?

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just asking so i can decide if im gonna have children

fuking goddamn no atm, i dont want my kids going through this **** as well

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cure? defently not,
better treatments, sure !

abcdefg

Reaction score
Yeah define cure. male pattern baldness will be preventable I think at the very least.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No cure for next 20 years I'm afraid... not when the pharmaceutical companies can continue raking in disgusting amounts of money, through drip-feeding us their crappy, half-assed "treatments"

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
they won't even cure it by the time Captain Picard lives. That's depressing

- - - Updated - - -

No cure for next 20 years I'm afraid... not when the pharmaceutical companies can continue raking in disgusting amounts of money, through drip-feeding us their crappy, half-assed "treatments"

they'd make more money with a cure though. People would pay thousands, tens of thousands for a cure that grew back all their hair permanently.

slipy

Reaction score
u cud have kidz (providing that you find a willing mate)

if the kid happens to be a boy put him on finasteride as soon as potentially dangerous age is reached (16 or so) or to be completly sure force him to undergo castration with his consent or without.

HairGuru22

Established Member
Reaction score
u cud have kidz (providing that you find a willing mate)

if the kid happens to be a boy put him on finasteride as soon as potentially dangerous age is reached (16 or so) or to be completly sure force him to undergo castration with his consent or without.

Lmao

abcdefg

Reaction score
If you were born 5 years later you might be able to keep all the hair you have right now. We are still in an awkward time where our treatments frankly are pretty bad they only look good in comparison to say having nothing.

jazz1

Reaction score
I beleive they had a cure long time ago just like cancer cures..... But it's those greedy profit driven scientist controlled by the big corporations. They make billions profit on all types of treatments why on earth would they want a cure to generate less money haha, it's a business!

- - - Updated - - -

they won't even cure it by the time Captain Picard lives. That's depressing

- - - Updated - - -

they'd make more money with a cure though. People would pay thousands, tens of thousands for a cure that grew back all their hair permanently.
Yea they would but curing something means it won't be passed on to their kids genetics meaning no money, I found several studies where environment changes genetic codes, also I found one where they fed rats 50 chemicals and made them bald, then they tested treatments on them!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the solution to possibly avoid having bald kids is to only have girls!

goingon24

Reaction score
Actually, i believe its possible right now to take stem cells from the bulge area of a follicle and combine them with papilla cells and inject them into our scalp to grow hair. Those 2 german guys even got hair follicles to grow in their petri dishes by adding skin cells to the mix and the combined cells reacted by growing hair folllicles.

I'de be on this right now but I need around $5000 still to get some good/used equipment to do my own experiments.

ben760

Established Member
Reaction score
if they could identify the bald gene and zap it. that is the cure

abcdefg

Reaction score
Things are never that simple and you mean genes not gene since many different genes are involved or they would have found that one gene a long time ago.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I think its possible we could see a cure in our lifetime like multiplying hairs but its going to be too expensive for the average person. We just need a way to stop and prevent male pattern baldness that would be a big accomplishment just by itself. Regrowing large amounts of hair is a whole different topic and likely to be much harder to do. Ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure right?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Cure cure cure.. Why not legit treatments to start with? guys are funny with the cure! LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think its possible we could see a cure in our lifetime like multiplying hairs but its going to be too expensive for the average person. We just need a way to stop and prevent male pattern baldness that would be a big accomplishment just by itself. Regrowing large amounts of hair is a whole different topic and likely to be much harder to do. Ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure right?
our current meds are pretty much excellent for prevention tho. we dont need prevention we already have that

we need significant regrowth, something that grows at least 50% back to where u cant notice it (since u can lose half density and still have it be unnoticeable)

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
"something that grows at least 50% back to where u cant notice it (since u can lose half density and still have it be unnoticeable)"

Yes, i totally agree.
Lets not be too greedy all at once.. in my case even 20% more would be enough to satisfy.