Do transplanted hair stay in temples without finasteride?

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

whatintheworld

Reaction score
f*****g mad that his hair transplant Doctor advised him that he only needed to be on finasteride for 6 months. Anyway without him providing pictorial documentation suggesting otherwise his donor is most likely also thinning so this isn't exactly a revelation, we've always known the donor is susceptible.
Why do you assert his donor is thinning?

Again. It doesn't have to be 100% immune to DHT to be safe in the donor area. The donor area is different than the recipient area. It does not have the calcification, fibrosis, poor blood flow, and susceptibility to DHT that the recipient area does.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do you assert his donor is thinning?

Again. It doesn't have to be 100% immune to DHT to be safe in the donor area. The donor area is different than the recipient area. It does not have the calcification, fibrosis, poor blood flow, and susceptibility to DHT that the recipient area does.
I assert it because most miniaturisation in the recipient can be attributed to concurrent miniaturisation in the donor and without more information to go off we can only assume that his case is no different.

Until there is substantive evidence that proves calcification, fibrosis, and poor blood flow have any impact on the mechanisms that cause miniaturisation during catagen and next anagen it should be disregarded as a concern. We know donor hair follicle cells have substantially less 5ar activity when compared to Norwood hairs and this is most likely why they are less susceptible to miniaturisation.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
I assert it because most miniaturisation in the recipient can be attributed to concurrent miniaturisation in the donor and without more information to go off we can only assume that his case is no different.

Until there is substantive evidence that proves calcification, fibrosis, and poor blood flow have any impact on the mechanisms that cause miniaturisation during catagen and next anagen it should be disregarded as a concern. We know donor hair follicle cells have substantially less 5ar activity when compared to Norwood hairs and this is most likely why they are less susceptible to miniaturisation.
There is pretty significant evidence of these factors, spend some time in google scholar and you will find your answers.

And they are less susceptible, you are exactly correct. But not fully immune. This is why, for some patients, finasteride is critical.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And they are less susceptible, you are exactly correct. But not fully immune. This is why, for some patients, finasteride is critical.
I absolutely agree, I would never get a transplant if I couldn't take a 5ARI long term.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am confused. Occipital hair is genetically different than the hairs you will loose over time.

Transplants should work for a life time.

Poor bloodflow, calcification and fibrosis occurs/starts when there is no follicle. Why should there be a thriving envirnoment for hair when there is no follicle!? As long as there is some hair, everything is alright.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Eh, since it doesn't happen to most patients I think that between that or going the shave it bro route the risk is worth it
In my observations I rarely see older NW6/7s with juvenile 100+FU/cm2 density, in fact they tend to be quite thinned out in the occipital which means hair transplant hairs will no doubt thin in most individuals in the long term.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am confused. Occipital hair is genetically different than the hairs you will loose over time.
I don't know if they are genetically different per se, but from the studies I've seen the most stark difference is the reduced activity of 5AR.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
In my observations I rarely see older NW6/7s with juvenile 100+FU/cm2 density, in fact they tend to be quite thinned out in the occipital which means hair transplant hairs will no doubt thin in most individuals in the long term.
I can just agree here. My dad had still dense NW7 horseshoe, but in his 50's it thinned out to old grandpa hair. I think it's age-thinning related.

Age thinning is not the same as miniaturization due to Androgenetic Alopecia. The diameter of the hair gets less so it looks less dense.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can just agree here. My dad had still dense NW7 horseshoe, but in his 50's it thinned out to old grandpa hair. I think it's age-thinning related.

Age thinning is not the same as miniaturization due to Androgenetic Alopecia. The diameter of the hair gets less so it looks less dense.
I wouldn't be so sure, cellular senescence actually contributes very little to hair loss in individuals over 50 with this study finding that the majority of hair loss in the elderly is actually androgen driven.
How real is senescent alopecia? A histopathologic approach - PubMed (nih.gov)

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score

Who cares about long term/what will happen when you're f*****g 50. Even if it's less dense it's still better than slick bald.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
My transplant is stable and it will stay this way for years, meanwhile I look about 200% better than before so I can find a high quality woman and start a family. Balding later in life won't be as crucial.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Who cares about long term/what will happen when you're f*****g 50. Even if it's less dense it's still better than slick bald.
Because if I had a hair transplant I'd hope by the time I'm 50 I wouldn't have to still keep worrying about my f*****g hair.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Because if I had a hair transplant I'd hope by the time I'm 50 I wouldn't have to still keep worrying about my f*****g hair.
How old are you? If you're 25-35 and your looks took a huge hit by going bald and you don't want to look better until you're 50 you're pretty mental.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How old are you? If you're 25-35 and your looks took a huge hit by going bald and you don't want to look better until you're 50 you're pretty mental.
25, I never said that I just said if I got a transplant I'd want it to last.
The Internet is full of so many slow and unstable people it's insane
Oh get off your f*****g high horse. "Do transplanted hair stay in temples without finasteride?" In the long term most likely no.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I personally would try to look how far I could go with drugs in terms of hair recovery and then just do the rest with transplants, keeping it then with the classic AA's. I don't think hair multiplication will take any longer than 30 years, till then I can definitely keep what I have, no, even improve lol.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Crazy how you can see how strong a man is mentally just by how they deal with balding. Incels and beta boys get extemely traumatized by balding, lose their sanity and study it obsessively for years without taking any action, meanwhile slayers just coldly hop on finasteride or book a transplant and move on with life.