Do people really feel liberated by shaving off head?

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
How old are you and what do you do for work?
I think a lot of women who are still single at 30 are:
1. Never going to use online dating.
2. Demand the guy takes care of himself both physically and financially
3. Would prefer that he can socialize well and not say anything stupid.

I think a lot of guys after 30 start realizing what they want in a long term partner and start actually paying attention to how a woman behaves. I remember in high school and college I was all about looks. But after getting cheated on, tough break ups, or failed relationships, I realized the drama isn't worth their looks. At this point I don't care much about "tits n azz" as I did as a horny teen and I just want companionship.

A bald man can find that as there are women who don't care. Yes the 9 or 10 out of 10 woman in her early to mid 20s isn't going to give you a shot but that is true for most older men with hair anyway.

My only advice to you is to be the best you can be in everything else. You look like you are tall so that helps. This may seem like generic advice but:

1. Make money and get a career that is impressive.
2. Hit the gym. Not like casual gym I mean hit it hard. As you age more and more men start letting themselves go. You stay in shape you will have an edge. You don't have sex with hair you have sex with your body.
3. Hygiene. Get crest white strips, dress better, groom the beard, shave the head. Also clean your house and be neat. Women have major problems with men who are lazy and don't clean up after themselves.
4. Hobbies that make you interesting and give opportunities to meet people.

If you have all these things in order a lot of women will find value once they get to know you. I understand that hair loss can prevent women from seeing you as a romantic partner but if you have a lot of value then that is their loss.
1-4 work when somebody gets to know you. But as a bald guy, you're rejected before anybody gets to know you.

I don't want to give identifying info here. I'm between 25 and 35 and my career is in finance. Nothing has changed for me between having a career in finance and being a bald student. I hit the gym hard and I can PM you a photo. I'm not in fitness model shape but I'm genetically limited and I think that I've done reasonably well for getting in shape. For me, 1-4 are for a bald guy to make the most enjoyable life for himself and cope as well as he can as a second rate person. But they didn't help me. If you can find a guy who went from bald loser to happy/successful/winner by following those steps, I'd like to see it.

100% . I find this as I'm approaching 30. priorities change, it's not all about sex/looks anymore. You look for a woman/partner who has the attributes & qualities you see in building a successful future with.
Now consider a guy who went bald young. He's not going to be thinking of priorities or qualities or anything. He has had literally 0 success and no relationship experience when he's age 30. He doesn't know what his priorities are or anything... he is doubly ruined at this point. Far from being the bald diamond in the rough

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
1-4 work when somebody gets to know you. But as a bald guy, you're rejected before anybody gets to know you.

I don't want to give identifying info here. I'm between 25 and 35 and my career is in finance. Nothing has changed for me between having a career in finance and being a bald student. I hit the gym hard and I can PM you a photo. I'm not in fitness model shape but I'm genetically limited and I think that I've done reasonably well for getting in shape. For me, 1-4 are for a bald guy to make the most enjoyable life for himself and cope as well as he can as a second rate person. But they didn't help me. If you can find a guy who went from bald loser to happy/successful/winner by following those steps, I'd like to see it.

Now consider a guy who went bald young. He's not going to be thinking of priorities or qualities or anything. He has had literally 0 success and no relationship experience when he's age 30. He doesn't know what his priorities are or anything... he is doubly ruined at this point. Far from being the bald diamond in the rough
Man. I hope you are wrong. I work in finance as well but i don't have nearly the same amount of hair loss. And I should admit I am still insecure about it because it is a tough thing to deal with.

I guess the question is where are you looking for these women? If it is online dating then I think you underestimate how awful online dating is for men in general because that is bad for most guys with hair, losing hair I can imagine makes things worse.

I will also add that how successful you are in finance depends on what you work in. If you are like a portfolio manager or actuary then you are making serious money and that would absolutely separate you from other men in a positive light. If you are just a regular 9-5 analyst then you probably don't separate yourself from every other guy.

Finding a partner is tough as a guy because a lot of women have unreasonable expectations. This is especially true online.

I hope there is a cure for this some day because what you say could be true and I'm delusional. I tried finasteride but got side effects in like 3 days. I'm considering trying .25mg but I'm checking blood work and getting second opinions on this idea. I know about the companies trying to find alternative treatments and I'm hopeful but I need a regimen to keep my hair stable without sides. Easier said than done.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Identify with successes, achievements, and accomplishments, not your hair. If you overly focus on your hair and are trying to make everything about looks, you aren't going to attract a worthwhile girl.

For online dating, yea I get that people won't even open up your profile if the picture isn't good. And trust me, I lived that life before I was able to get on treatments so I had enough hair to correctly utilize concealers. But in person it wasn't the same because I ignored my hair, even before concealers, and pushed myself to focus on the positives.

Learning how to promote myself while I didn't like how I looked made it extremely easy to promote myself once I gained back some hair and confidence in looks.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Man. I hope you are wrong. I work in finance as well but i don't have nearly the same amount of hair loss. And I should admit I am still insecure about it because it is a tough thing to deal with.

I guess the question is where are you looking for these women? If it is online dating then I think you underestimate how awful online dating is for men in general because that is bad for most guys with hair, losing hair I can imagine makes things worse.

I will also add that how successful you are in finance depends on what you work in. If you are like a portfolio manager or actuary then you are making serious money and that would absolutely separate you from other men in a positive light. If you are just a regular 9-5 analyst then you probably don't separate yourself from every other guy.

Finding a partner is tough as a guy because a lot of women have unreasonable expectations. This is especially true online.

I hope there is a cure for this some day because what you say could be true and I'm delusional. I tried finasteride but got side effects in like 3 days. I'm considering trying .25mg but I'm checking blood work and getting second opinions on this idea. I know about the companies trying to find alternative treatments and I'm hopeful but I need a regimen to keep my hair stable without sides. Easier said than done.

I have seen no evidence to suggest that being financially successful makes any difference to your dating success. Even these multi millionaire hedge fund owners don't show any signs of it; they're stable guys with a standard wife and family. Celebrity status or being a superstar in sports or music or movies could make a difference, but not money itself.

There is no good alternative to online dating. Cold approach doesn't work. Just go and try it yourself and you'll be rejected before you finish stating your opening line. Your NW1 friend will have the opposite result. You'll see that all of the PUA tricks are totally useless and that hair makes the difference. Hobbies and activities leaves it all to chance and you'll need somebody else to show interest in you, which leaves it all up to chance. If somebody could give a step by step guide for a bald loser to have success then we'd have something. But guides like that don't exist because it's not possible. I have paid for professional photographs to use on my profiles and I have even had other kinds of lessons. I found that the quality of the photos and their production values doesn't make a difference if the guy in the photos is bald. I also found that there really is no 'game' or anything to learn. It's as simple as interacting with people. Mindset, self esteem, tone of voice, body language....they won't do anything if the guy is considered bald and unattractive. I used to be blind and deluded but now I can see and I am hopeless. In my opinion, bald guys should give up on trying to have a family etc. and focus instead on the good stuff that we have in the world at the moment such as constant access to books, movies, television, video games, music... there is plenty to appreciate in the world.

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have seen no evidence to suggest that being financially successful makes any difference to your dating success. Even these multi millionaire hedge fund owners don't show any signs of it; they're stable guys with a standard wife and family. Celebrity status or being a superstar in sports or music or movies could make a difference, but not money itself.
As you mentioned, the hedge fund manager has a standard wife and family. This means he has already had dating success and has completed the goal you all set out to do. So that in itself is proof that his money worked.

A lot of you don't want to hear this, but the standard 7-10 sex partners and a wife and family with 1-2 kids is all you should expect to be entitled to in life. If you achieve this, you've won the game. Anything more is unrealistic expectations, balding or not.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score

There is no good alternative to online dating. Cold approach doesn't work. Just go and try it yourself and you'll be rejected before you finish stating your opening line. Your NW1 friend will have the opposite result. You'll see that all of the PUA tricks are totally useless and that hair makes the difference. Hobbies and activities leaves it all to chance and you'll need somebody else to show interest in you, which leaves it all up to chance. If somebody could give a step by step guide for a bald loser to have success then we'd have something. But guides like that don't exist because it's not possible. I have paid for professional photographs to use on my profiles and I have even had other kinds of lessons. I found that the quality of the photos and their production values doesn't make a difference if the guy in the photos is bald. I also found that there really is no 'game' or anything to learn. It's as simple as interacting with people. Mindset, self esteem, tone of voice, body language....they won't do anything if the guy is considered bald and unattractive. I used to be blind and deluded but now I can see and I am hopeless. In my opinion, bald guys should give up on trying to have a family etc. and focus instead on the good stuff that we have in the world at the moment such as constant access to books, movies, television, video games, music... there is plenty to appreciate in the world.
I'm sorry to hear that. I think your best bet now is to build a larger social circle. And find a girlfriend through connections. One thing I didn't mention is social proof. If you are outgoing and respected by others then that is a big deal. I have a feeling you don't have many connections and that makes dating difficult even with hair unless you are really good looking.

What exactly do you do on a typical day?

And even though online dating might be a bad move, what do you use for pictures? Are they pictures of you doing things or are they plain? You said they were professionally done but I think that tells me you don't have a strong social circle or network to choose tons of pictures from so you had to seek professional help.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
As you mentioned, the hedge fund manager has a standard wife and family. This means he has already had dating success and has completed the goal you all set out to do. So that in itself is proof that his money worked.

A lot of you don't want to hear this, but the standard 7-10 sex partners and a wife and family with 1-2 kids is all you should expect to be entitled to in life. If you achieve this, you've won the game. Anything more is unrealistic expectations, balding or not.

Where in the world is 7-10 sex partners standard? It's 2 or 3 for an average guy and 0 or 1 for lower tier guys like us. Then for above average guys it won't be 7-10 but maybe double or triple that. (I am making up these numbers....I don't actually know). But as for your other point, that's a fair point. Though I can never be sure that such a hedge manager did that via his money or through his basic looks. If he has hair, it could be via looks. And indeed a lot of these people marry their high school or college sweethearts.

I'm sorry to hear that. I think your best bet now is to build a larger social circle. And find a girlfriend through connections. One thing I didn't mention is social proof. If you are outgoing and respected by others then that is a big deal. I have a feeling you don't have many connections and that makes dating difficult even with hair unless you are really good looking.

What exactly do you do on a typical day?

And even though online dating might be a bad move, what do you use for pictures? Are they pictures of you doing things or are they plain? You said they were professionally done but I think that tells me you don't have a strong social circle or network to choose tons of pictures from so you had to seek professional help.

For around 3 years I've taken lots of photos and tested them on Photofeeler and related sites. The ones of me doing things performed worse than the plain ones. But they all perform badly. Getting a 6.5 or 7 on Photofeeler isn't going to cut it; nowadays one needs 8.5 or above. I always get photos taken when I'm out with a friend but usually out of around 50 photos there isn't a single good one. I have always been fooled by these gurus or coaches who promise to get me date ready with their coaching or photoshoots or course or whatever. It's a waste. The pro photos performed poorly too. I have invested lots of money recently. If I had not, I would probably still be wasting money on this coaching junk. It doesn't work but I just always hated the idea of giving up on life.

I don't have a strong social circle but who does these days? I met a friend or two through hobbies and rekindling past friendships. But I'm so miserable that I wouldn't really make a good friend. The days of having a close knit group of friends who you hang with are gone. I wouldn't be surprised if, in the next 10 years, the average number off friends that a person has drops below 1. Day to day I just work, read new books, play new video games, work out, try things like music or art or writing and sleep. I could see myself doing this for say 50 more years. What alternative do I have

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
7-10 sounds like a reasonable number, to be honest...
if balding is an excuse for having no sex, that means you have been bald at 16 already...

online dating is nonsense anyway, need to do that in person and im sure it goes way better... got no idea if its too late, of course, but still, should work way better than online...

i also still got a strong social circle... the people back in my hometown also still hang together, even though all got kids and are married, i got a new social circle where i am living now, wasnt that difficult... not easy, but not really difficult...

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shaving to me is dismal. I hate the look, on any guy really. I shaved for a couple years and never really got a good reaction from anyone. Hated the maintenance as well. It was never "liberating" in any way TBH, just constant anxiety.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
7-10 sounds like a reasonable number, to be honest...
if balding is an excuse for having no sex, that means you have been bald at 16 already...

online dating is nonsense anyway, need to do that in person and im sure it goes way better... got no idea if its too late, of course, but still, should work way better than online...

i also still got a strong social circle... the people back in my hometown also still hang together, even though all got kids and are married, i got a new social circle where i am living now, wasnt that difficult... not easy, but not really difficult...
7-10 is maybe 1 every year. That's a huge number for a lower tier guy. A guy like that doing well might get to 3. When I was a young adult with hair I actually had trouble socially and didn't like being around others. I actually found out that this wasn't because of any social anxiety or any condition but because I was bullied when I was younger. But by the time that I realized that I had no social problems and that it was actually nice to be around other people, I already had my diffuse NW6 pattern.

I've tried 'in person'. It literally consists of walking around and speaking to people who do not want to be bothered, much less by a bald and ugly guy. I will probably keep trying but so far it has been much worse than online. A lower tier guy won't get into a conversation lasting more than one minute. Go and watch the so called gurus on YouTube too; they show us that the pinnacle of 'in person' nowadays is taking contact details and then not getting any response the next day.

I don't know anything about building a social circle.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
7-10 is maybe 1 every year. That's a huge number for a lower tier guy. A guy like that doing well might get to 3. When I was a young adult with hair I actually had trouble socially and didn't like being around others. I actually found out that this wasn't because of any social anxiety or any condition but because I was bullied when I was younger. But by the time that I realized that I had no social problems and that it was actually nice to be around other people, I already had my diffuse NW6 pattern.

I've tried 'in person'. It literally consists of walking around and speaking to people who do not want to be bothered, much less by a bald and ugly guy. I will probably keep trying but so far it has been much worse than online. A lower tier guy won't get into a conversation lasting more than one minute. Go and watch the so called gurus on YouTube too; they show us that the pinnacle of 'in person' nowadays is taking contact details and then not getting any response the next day.

Ok first off. You admit at a younger age you had social problems and you were bullied at some point. Guys who get bullied never get the girl because you display weakness. Furthermore, they bully you because you are an easy target, socially inept, and/or you were ugly even with hair. I think there is more to this than just hair loss.

Second is just talk to people at work. You said you work in finance, do you ever do anything with coworkers after work? Are you fun to work with?

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score

well that probably didnt help, yes...

getting contact info of course also only helps if you get a reply in the end... or better: if it leads to meeting each other... i got countless numbers without getting a reply... that is the easiest way to reject somebody, thats why getting numbers is pretty much easy anyway...

social circle helps a lot though... once you know somebody when you go out, women dont think you are some lonely creep hitting on every woman that cant run fast enough...

also should lead to a lot of parties... thats the way i got most action... 7-10 a year? make it 7-10 a month...
also being a musician (not popular at all though) helped a lot...
i dont play live anymore and havent for more than ten years, but it still helps because i got excessive knowledge about music and whenever i go somewhere it is easy to talk to everyone and everyone listens...

you just need to go somewhere where youre actual points of interests can be used, wherever that may be...

and i am by no means chad, not even close... what i got for me is musician/artist vibe, but that is most likely because that is what i do and noone thinks i fake it, or try to show off...

doesnt mean sh*t, though... for example i work in fashion so i see models almost every day... but i guarantee you, they wouldnt give me a second unless i somehow happen to work directly with them, then they would... just from seeing me im quite sure they think im creepy/ugly/whatever... doesny help im the only nonnative here, probably...
exceptions are the ones (models or girl band chicks), that are also more or less outsiders and you can tell they dont want to be there, i usually clock quite fast with those people...

so what i tell you: dress better, work out if you want to (seems to help, i personally dont go near any gym and most likely never will), and go to places where people share the same interests and take it from there... doesnt matter what, hell i used to just talk to some chicks in shops or at exhibitions, just random without any issue (was noch attempted pick up though)... helps if you can see who would punch you in the dick and who wont, though...

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Ok first off. You admit at a younger age you had social problems and you were bullied at some point. Guys who get bullied never get the girl because you display weakness. Furthermore, they bully you because you are an easy target, socially inept, and/or you were ugly even with hair. I think there is more to this than just hair loss.

Second is just talk to people at work. You said you work in finance, do you ever do anything with coworkers after work? Are you fun to work with?
That's true for when I was young. I'm just saying that it's a shame that my few years of being a grown adult with hair were blighted by things that happened to me as an adolescent. We should be careful about assigning reasons about why people were bullied as children. You might be right but still.

Do you know what working people are like? They finish their long days at work and they have other things to do. It's hard working and formal. People don't hang out with or befriend their coworkers, as far as I know. "Talk to people" just doesn't work. All the bald guys on here are dressing well, socially adept and interesting. It doesn't help one bit.

well that probably didnt help, yes...

getting contact info of course also only helps if you get a reply in the end... or better: if it leads to meeting each other... i got countless numbers without getting a reply... that is the easiest way to reject somebody, thats why getting numbers is pretty much easy anyway...

social circle helps a lot though... once you know somebody when you go out, women dont think you are some lonely creep hitting on every woman that cant run fast enough...

also should lead to a lot of parties... thats the way i got most action... 7-10 a year? make it 7-10 a month...
also being a musician (not popular at all though) helped a lot...
i dont play live anymore and havent for more than ten years, but it still helps because i got excessive knowledge about music and whenever i go somewhere it is easy to talk to everyone and everyone listens...

you just need to go somewhere where youre actual points of interests can be used, wherever that may be...

and i am by no means chad, not even close... what i got for me is musician/artist vibe, but that is most likely because that is what i do and noone thinks i fake it, or try to show off...

doesnt mean sh*t, though... for example i work in fashion so i see models almost every day... but i guarantee you, they wouldnt give me a second unless i somehow happen to work directly with them, then they would... just from seeing me im quite sure they think im creepy/ugly/whatever... doesny help im the only nonnative here, probably...
exceptions are the ones (models or girl band chicks), that are also more or less outsiders and you can tell they dont want to be there, i usually clock quite fast with those people...

so what i tell you: dress better, work out if you want to (seems to help, i personally dont go near any gym and most likely never will), and go to places where people share the same interests and take it from there... doesnt matter what, hell i used to just talk to some chicks in shops or at exhibitions, just random without any issue (was noch attempted pick up though)... helps if you can see who would punch you in the dick and who wont, though...

Your stuff is sounding like the stuff of fantasy. Dress better, work out if you want and try to find somebody based on share interests. Guys on here try that for a lifetime and it doesn't work. I am learning music but it will be a few years before I can perform anything. I don't think that it will make any difference but I'm learning it because I like it. What is your Norwood level? It is really hard to believe that you were able to get anywhere as a NW6 just by being social and talking to people. And the last time that I went out 'gaming' I was with a group and we appeared to be a group of friends. It doesn't help. The modern advice is to go to a nighttime venue alone and see who checks you out. As a NW6 that would leave you sitting alone the whole night.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
In short: It feels good at first but becomes stale and depressing after a while.

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's true for when I was young. I'm just saying that it's a shame that my few years of being a grown adult with hair were blighted by things that happened to me as an adolescent. We should be careful about assigning reasons about why people were bullied as children. You might be right but still.

Do you know what working people are like? They finish their long days at work and they have other things to do. It's hard working and formal. People don't hang out with or befriend their coworkers, as far as I know. "Talk to people" just doesn't work. All the bald guys on here are dressing well, socially adept and interesting. It doesn't help one bit.

Your stuff is sounding like the stuff of fantasy. Dress better, work out if you want and try to find somebody based on share interests. Guys on here try that for a lifetime and it doesn't work. I am learning music but it will be a few years before I can perform anything. I don't think that it will make any difference but I'm learning it because I like it. What is your Norwood level? It is really hard to believe that you were able to get anywhere as a NW6 just by being social and talking to people. And the last time that I went out 'gaming' I was with a group and we appeared to be a group of friends. It doesn't help. The modern advice is to go to a nighttime venue alone and see who checks you out. As a NW6 that would leave you sitting alone the whole night.
yeah im not at nw6... 4, probably closer to 5 now...
most of what i said happened before i was balding, it was honestly just meant to be an advise that it can work, because i am honestly not one of the pretty dudes and i was always someone who didnt belong nowhere really (doesnt exclude having friends of course)... but a lot of it also happened during the time i shaved my head (as mentioned earlier)...
got to say though that i still got no issue with women and other people even with shitty hair...

are you like early 20s? and already horse shoe? i admit not knowing much about dating among young people these days...

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very "blackpilled" thread, in the beginning for a second there I thought this forum was turning to "just shave it bro and be confident" philosophy.
Interesting is what Doubleidentity says, nowadays having a soild social circle seems to be extremely hard if you are not naturally a social butterfly, if you then on top of that are bald it's game over, unless some lucky opportunity falls into your lap, like you vibe surprisingly well with some guy you know, etc...

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where in the world is 7-10 sex partners standard? It's 2 or 3 for an average guy and 0 or 1 for lower tier guys like us. Then for above average guys it won't be 7-10 but maybe double or triple that. (I am making up these numbers....I don't actually know). But as for your other point, that's a fair point. Though I can never be sure that such a hedge manager did that via his money or through his basic looks. If he has hair, it could be via looks. And indeed a lot of these people marry their high school or college sweethearts.

For around 3 years I've taken lots of photos and tested them on Photofeeler and related sites. The ones of me doing things performed worse than the plain ones. But they all perform badly. Getting a 6.5 or 7 on Photofeeler isn't going to cut it; nowadays one needs 8.5 or above. I always get photos taken when I'm out with a friend but usually out of around 50 photos there isn't a single good one. I have always been fooled by these gurus or coaches who promise to get me date ready with their coaching or photoshoots or course or whatever. It's a waste. The pro photos performed poorly too. I have invested lots of money recently. If I had not, I would probably still be wasting money on this coaching junk. It doesn't work but I just always hated the idea of giving up on life.

I don't have a strong social circle but who does these days? I met a friend or two through hobbies and rekindling past friendships. But I'm so miserable that I wouldn't really make a good friend. The days of having a close knit group of friends who you hang with are gone. I wouldn't be surprised if, in the next 10 years, the average number off friends that a person has drops below 1. Day to day I just work, read new books, play new video games, work out, try things like music or art or writing and sleep. I could see myself doing this for say 50 more years. What alternative do I have

hi man

I’m not going to pretend it’s your attitude that’s leading you to be unsuccessful, but as someone who does a lot of online dating as a NW2, and physically goes on dates with women, take some consolation in knowing that it’s hard for A LOT of guys with hair or without.

On average, over the past few years I get laid 1-2 a year. But to get to that stage I have to really meet lots and lots of women. Lots of my first dates are not successful.

Having a reasonably good set of hair does not mean women will throw themselves at me.

agree with your thoughts on cold approach and hobbies, tried both and had exactly the same experiences - and I had more hair back then, NW1

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was out and about today
Saw loads of couples where the woman was attractive and the guy is not
Many attractive women with visibly balding / bald guys

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi man

I’m not going to pretend it’s your attitude that’s leading you to be unsuccessful, but as someone who does a lot of online dating as a NW2, and physically goes on dates with women, take some consolation in knowing that it’s hard for A LOT of guys with hair or without.

On average, over the past few years I get laid 1-2 a year. But to get to that stage I have to really meet lots and lots of women. Lots of my first dates are not successful.

Having a reasonably good set of hair does not mean women will throw themselves at me.

agree with your thoughts on cold approach and hobbies, tried both and had exactly the same experiences - and I had more hair back then, NW1
Do you live near a city? It's supposed to be easier near cities if you are above average.